Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
its a search query example so it might as well be a thread

boating laws

i dont think its legal for anyone under like 16 to operate a boat but we broke that law a lot when i was a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKqfSKN1Xz4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
apparently you can't drink and boat which is insane because everybody does that

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
we were out partying on a houseboat when we were all early twenties and one of us that rented the thing went on one of the speedboats to go pick up more people or something, I don't remember exactly

but he got arrested and was stuck in a drunk tank near the lake, only he had nothing on but his swim trunks and they stuck him in a cell where the whole building had the a/c running all night and they didn't give him any additional clothes or anything

Everyone on the boat thought that was funny when he made it back the next day and told us about it but he didn't find it very funny

E: that's my boating law story

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i got drunk on a pirate ship once for my brothers bucks party. there was even a stripper and i saw her bewbs below deck! she lit my brothers chest hair on fire. it was a fun night but noone wanted to keep getting more drunk with me

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

jackyl posted:

we were out partying on a houseboat when we were all early twenties and one of us that rented the thing went on one of the speedboats to go pick up more people or something, I don't remember exactly

but he got arrested and was stuck in a drunk tank near the lake, only he had nothing on but his swim trunks and they stuck him in a cell where the whole building had the a/c running all night and they didn't give him any additional clothes or anything

Everyone on he boat thought that was funny when he made it back the next day and told us about it but he didn't find it very funny

If you're too drunk to boat then you are just hosed right up its way easier than driving drunk

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

jackyl posted:

but he got arrested and was stuck in a drunk tank near the lake

is that like a fish tank that they make you swim around in until someone posts bail/u sober up?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
posts pics of boats guys

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
slaw dog.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

i used to drive boats by myself at the age of 12, apparently this is against the law in MN

MN also has the highest boat ownership per capita

boatfacts

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
sovereign citizens avoid boats because the gold fringed flag flying admiralty courts really do have jurisdiction over them then

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
also while people boat drunk all the time sometimes they do boat sober whereas no one has ever operated a snowmobile while sober

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDvMBPZ5Bik

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
motor-boating lawlessness

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

same

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I was under the impression that it was a law, you have to be drunk to operate a boat

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gnarlyhotep posted:

I was under the impression that it was a law, you have to be drunk to operate a boat

you don't have to but it helps

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im on a dragon boat team and our team is called "DEATH ROW" and we also drink and ride motor cycles and start fights

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

numberoneposter posted:

im on a dragon boat team and our team is called "DEATH ROW" and we also drink and ride motor cycles and start fights

living the dream

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
goldschlager shots and waterskiing, it's a bylaw

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

That doesnt feel nice for the blowee... :ohdear:

Ive been on boats/ships. One time I got really sick on a car transport vessel.

I puked a whole bunch!

Welp, thats my boat story.

:thumbsup:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

you wont be settled in australia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jysl0m2ZB70

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
if a boat crashes into land and you are the first one on it it becomes your boat

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

You can do anything on a boat because there are no laws when you are over water :captainpop:

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
911? yes I have a serious boating violation to report, someone created a wake.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
A good portion of drowning victims are guys with high blood alcohol levels wearing fishing vests floating face down with their dilz sticking out their fly.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EvilJoven posted:

A good portion of drowning victims are guys with high blood alcohol levels wearing fishing vests floating face down with their dilz sticking out their fly.

yeah peeing off the side of the boat can be hard when your balance has been compromised

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
Not to gloat but I wrote a foreboding boat story about boating while boating: "Get your boat out of my boat or I'll slit your throat!"

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Tonsured posted:

Not to gloat but I wrote a foreboding boat story about boating while boating: "Get your boat out of my boat or I'll slit your throat!"

lmao

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
There are actually a lot of boating laws because it's super easy to gently caress up in a boat and legit hurt yourself and I know more than my fair share because I've spent a ton of time operating small pleasurecraft of all types but fortunately I know better than to bore the living poo poo out of GBS by talking about crap like right of way laws and marker bouys.

The funnest part of learning about boats is learning how to gently caress in a canoe without flipping it over.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
to be fair there is a difference between boating laws and naval law because I mean saying you are a student of boat law just doesn't work the same.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
the only boating laws i remember are "red right return" and "green right go", at least i think those are the rules

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
is your flag gold fringed? if not you got no jurisdiction over me

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
you can get certified at age 12 to drive a boat as a solo operator.

i did and it ruled

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Harald posted:

is your flag gold fringed? if not you got no jurisdiction over me

I'm the admiral of this Golden Corral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002