Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
lmao Manziel on special teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

football fuckerman posted:

lmao Manziel on special teams

on the bright side you might get him killed and not have to cut him

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

con posted:

The Browns are 1 good QB away from competing. Just like the rest of the NFL.

This makes me wonder, if the Browns had Andrew Luck, would he be able to get them to the playoffs? Or would the Browns find a way to overcome him, too?

And the Browns can continue Brownsing it up as long as it keeps giving us amazing fan gifs, as far as I'm concerned.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Rooster Brooster posted:

This makes me wonder, if the Browns had Andrew Luck, would he be able to get them to the playoffs? Or would the Browns find a way to overcome him, too?

And the Browns can continue Brownsing it up as long as it keeps giving us amazing fan gifs, as far as I'm concerned.

The Browns would have drafted RG3, because a hobo told Haslam to do it and he was flashier compared to the goonish Andrew Luck.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

GaussianCopula posted:

Let's see:

First Trade Cleveland trades up 1 spot for their fourth, fifth, and seventh round picks with Minnesota.

Minnesota drafts:

-Matt Kalil (OT), who went to the Pro Bowl (injury alternate) in 2012 and started in all games in all 3 seasons

Kalil is most certainly trending towards bust category as well, he has fallen apart since that rookie season and is completely out of whack.

He also did this after a lovely game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqJjAYhKUT0

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Rooster Brooster posted:

Andrew luck with an O-line and run game?
That would be something.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

GaussianCopula posted:

The best option is probably have him as your 3rd QB make him play on special teams (if he can beat out other special teams player, if not cut his rear end) for the next season and look if he can learn the playbook and develop the right work ethic. Otherwise you get RG4 without the talent/skills.

What special teams position would Manziel compete for?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Chichevache posted:

PR

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Yes please.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Chichevache posted:

The Browns should have a Very Special Teams.

Though I guess that's their management.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Chichevache posted:

I believe he would make an excellent holder.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I didn't get to see the video that got posted to the Farthouse thread before it got removed, but here is a video that could be it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6qrW1mdRmQ

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Hockles posted:

I didn't get to see the video that got posted to the Farthouse thread before it got removed, but here is a video that could be it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6qrW1mdRmQ

Go to 3:27 to remember that Terry McAulay is a terrible, piece of poo poo referee that should never be allowed on any field and is actually worse than replacement referees.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The reason the Browns (and the fans) were pissed off, because another play was run before they went back to review (and then overturn) that play.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Supposedly this week the results of the 3 integrity of the game investigations will come out.

The Browns one is Textgate and Cleveland insiders seem to think it would be entirely plausible for the Browns to get hammered hard because they were the only team stupid enough to leave a paper trail. GM suspended for X games, a fine for the team, and a loss of draft pick(s)

Even some of the most ardently not "woe is me" Cleveland insiders are even saying they won't be surprised if the Browns get hit with a stupidly harsh (for the circumstances) punishment because they won't be able to take it out on NE.

And yes, the rumor is the Browns are getting very interested in Bryce loving Petty. What could go wrong with taking another Big 12 QB who plays in an offense for dummies?

To recap, the Browns at QB currently have signed to the roster Connor Shaw and Manziel. Manziel might end up being in rehab for a few months based on some reports and as such he will be spending his time trying to cope with whatever his issues are instead of trying to learn the NFL. Hoyer is a UFA.

Last year, they had their pick of Teddy or Carr (lot of reports still say Teddy was at the top of Farmer's board and was the pick until Haslam interfered so whatever) and they'd have actually some kind of partially proven hope going into year 2 in 2015.

Browns play both the AFCW and NFCW next year, as well as the usual 6 ball busters against the division. This years 7-9 record WILL be held against Pettine and Farmer according to recent reports. As in, despite the Browns having absolutely nothing at QB at this moment and this brutal schedule coming up, its widely believed Haslam will clean house yet again after 2015 if the Browns regress back to 4-5 wins as we all expect them to have every season. Even though its Haslams loving fault they have Manziel and not Teddy right now.

As has been noted in this thread and lots of media articles, Haslam blames anyone but himself so far as an owner and that trend looks to continue for the next 12 months at the least.

The odds for another one of these threads in January 2016, or whatever day the regular season ends, is almost 100% at this point. GM and HC gone and the works.

At least we have the Cavs for 2-4 more months, and spring training starts in just a few days! Indians have been sneaky good the past 2 years.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

^Funny you mention the Cavs. After seeing the dog poo poo the Lakers trot out as a starting five, I started rooting for Love to have a good game so the Lakers could be the #1 worst team. gently caress you Knicks, you ain't bad enough :smug:

The best thing that won't happen would be Manziel coming out of rehab with a new focus on life (changing his name from Johnny loving Football to Johnny Friendly Football), determined to succeed personally and professionally, to dominate the NFL. He convinces Josh Gordon to go through rehab so that he too emerges like a butterfly from a cocoon. During the 2015 season, Manziel gains the confidence of his teammates and learns to lead, to persevere. By 2016, Gordon regains the trust of his comrades using agile jukes and amazing catches while Manziel, moving as if water, rallies the Browns from a 0-3 start to a 10 game winning streak. The Browns unleash hell, easily becoming the league's best offense with a top tier defense. After the well deserved playoff bye week, the team easily blows past the Patriots and the Broncos. Yet they thirst for a real challenge. The Seahawks provide the honor and force a close game that comes down to the Browns kicker nailing a 60 yard field goal, inches above the cross bar, to win in overtime. They proudly hoist the Lombardi after claiming victory in Super Bowl 51. But sadly, this is real life so one will end up in a ditch somewhere and the other guy will be in jail after one too many DUIs. And will Haslam cackle as he discovers even more dastardly ways to destroy, for he gains sustenance from the dashed hopes of Browns fans. Fin.

Miracles happen to every team except the Browns. :(

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Feb 9, 2015

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
The worst thing about sports is they mean so much to a city and fanbase, but you can get saddled with a horrible owner for 40 years and you pretty much can do nothing about it. It took a lifetime achievement award in racism to get Donald Sterling to lose the Clippers (if 2 billion in cash is even losing hah). This guy can gently caress up the team every 12-24 months for 25 years and still pull in money. The city will still meet whatever demands he makes, the TV money will roll in, fans will still go.....what a business.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Hockles posted:

The reason the Browns (and the fans) were pissed off, because another play was run before they went back to review (and then overturn) that play.

I found it odd they left that out. There was not even a hint of sarcasm in that post. McAulay is the drizzling shits.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

say no to bats posted:

Supposedly this week the results of the 3 integrity of the game investigations will come out.

The Browns one is Textgate and Cleveland insiders seem to think it would be entirely plausible for the Browns to get hammered hard because they were the only team stupid enough to leave a paper trail. GM suspended for X games, a fine for the team, and a loss of draft pick(s)

The true way to punish the Browns would be to give them an extra first round draft pick.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

tanglewood1420 posted:

The true way to punish the Browns would be to give them an extra first round draft pick.

Give them all but the very first pick and watch them trade up

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Wait didn't the Browns even have a problem with their longsnapper this year?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So Browns are using the first round pick to take a long snapper? Makes sense. I bought gas at a pilot to help you guys out.

Edit: Also the Colts did give them a free pick, don't know which team go screwed worse with that trade yet. We would have just used it to draft a pass rusher bust.

Edit 2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Pontbriand

Looks like the fifth round if you can believe wikipedifiction.

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Feb 9, 2015

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

So Browns are using the first round pick to take a long snapper? Makes sense. I bought gas at a pilot to help you guys out.

Didn't we do that in 05 or 06?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

Didn't we do that in 05 or 06?

The Chiefs drafted one in the fourth round in 2004, it worked out pretty well. Just have to keep them away from the booze.

Glancing back through the browns draft history what in the world did they get for all their picks that were traded away in 2008? Two fourth rounders, two sixth and a seventh was all they had.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

The Chiefs drafted one in the fourth round in 2004, it worked out pretty well. Just have to keep them away from the booze.

Glancing back through the browns draft history what in the world did they get for all their picks that were traded away in 2008? Two fourth rounders, two sixth and a seventh was all they had.

Brady Quinn

We traded back up into the 1st in 07 to grab him.

Flikken fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 9, 2015

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

say no to bats posted:

Even some of the most ardently not "woe is me" Cleveland insiders are even saying they won't be surprised if the Browns get hit with a stupidly harsh (for the circumstances) punishment because they won't be able to take it out on NE.

Where'd you hear this information?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot
#browns Hoyer at great big garden show at IX on shanahan being unhappy: "to say I was unaware, I'd be lying"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Atticus Finch posted:

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot
#browns Hoyer at great big garden show at IX on shanahan being unhappy: "to say I was unaware, I'd be lying"

I really feel bad for Hoyer in all this. Dude was so close to being a hero, only to have the carpet yanked out from under his feet by his own loving team.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Hoyer, with the Browns at 6-3:
pre:
Game        result      Comp  Att  Comp %   Yds  TD   Int     Rating    Yds/Att  Adj Y/A
vs HOU     L 7-23     20    50      40.00      330	    1     1       61.2       6.60       6.10
@ ATL      W 26-24  23    40      57.50      322	    0     3       52.3       8.05       4.68
@ BUF      L 10-26   18    30      60.00      192	    0     2       51.0       6.40       3.40
vs IND      L 24-25   13    30      43.33      136	    0     2       29.3       4.53       1.53

v2vian man fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 9, 2015

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Ugh gently caress the layout yall

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

football fuckerman posted:

Ugh gently caress the layout yall

code:
REGULAR SEASON	GAMES	                                PASSING	                                                                        RUSHING	                        FUMBLES
WK	Game Date	Opp	Result	G	GS	Comp	Att	Pct	Yds	Avg	TD	Int	Sck	SckY	Rate	Att	Yds	Avg	TD	FUM	Lost
11	11/16	     HOU 	L 7-23	1	1	20	50	40.0	330	6.6	1	1	3	20	61.2	2	1	0.5	0	1	0
12	11/23        @ ATL      W 26-24	1	1	23	40	57.5	322	8.1	0	3	1	9	52.3	3	12	4.0	0	1	0
13	11/30	     @ BUF      L 10-26	1	1	18	30	60.0	192	6.4	0	2	2	14	51.0	--	--	--	--	--	--
14	12/07        IND   	L 24-25	1	1	13	30	43.3	136	4.5	0	2	1	3	29.3	2	3	1.5	0	--	--

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 9, 2015

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Basically Hoyer squandered what is going to be Justin Gilbert's only career pick-6 in the Colts game and that is Wrong

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
It is extremely sad that hoyer is looked at as one of the best browns qbs in 30 years when he was dogshit for half of the season.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Peyton Manning himself wasn't going to do much behind that sieve of an offensive line while throwing to a lagging Josh Gordon and whatever the gently caress an Andrew Hawkins was supposed to be

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Well it's not exactly a high bar to clear.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Peyton Manning himself wasn't going to do much behind that sieve of an offensive line while throwing to a lagging Josh Gordon and whatever the gently caress an Andrew Hawkins was supposed to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nSEW8ycVdk

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Please don't say mean things about Andrew Hawkins

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Please don't say mean things about Andrew Hawkins

I really really like Andrew Hawkins

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Flikken posted:

I really really like Andrew Hawkins

He's really cool and I'm genuinely sad the Bengals let him walk when they had a chance to match. We could have really used him this year too with all the injuries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Bigass Moth posted:

It is extremely sad that hoyer is looked at as one of the best browns qbs in 30 years when he was dogshit for half of the season.

Apparently the Browns used up all their luck 70 years ago by starting out with the greatest HC in NFL history, a GOAT contender at QB and over 20 years straight of HoFers at RB and other positions. Its just a real loving shame hardly anyone is left alive who remembers it vividly. I guess we are still up on Cubs fans. Not a soul is left who remembers the last time they won poo poo.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Where'd you hear this information?

Lane Adkins on the OBR Ask the Insider private forum. He isn't a big fan of the "woe is me doom and gloom" outlook a lot of Browns people have either.

Today's rumor was enhanced also. Its widely believed GM Farmer is for sure a texter. The likely punishment is a 3rd or 4th round pick, fine and suspension for Ray.

However, its now being suggested Haslam might have gotten in on this poo poo as well which could potentially make the pick lost even higher. The owner being in on this would get the hammer swung harder.

Its all going to depend on the content of these texts which thankfully the Browns have the paper trail to prove one way or another how much they were being loving retarded!

Also Hoyer was on Mike and Mike today and is curious about the texts and if they were about him. No one knows what they were really about yet but it is widely believed it was about the rift at QB.

The coaches wanted to roll with Hoyer, the higher ups were pissy about Manziel not playing yet. One insider said the Monday before Johnny's first start, the coaches had started planning for Hoyer to play against the Bengals at 5 pm, and by 830 they were now planning for Manziel. This is where things went over the cliff and everything that has happened since originated from. The coaches knew Manziel was a loving abortion and not ready to play, but tough poo poo.

I used to hate how passive Randy Lerner was as team owner. Now I have Snyder Jr. and it loving sucks.

• Locked thread