Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
I think at the moment what we're seeing is both players being over-ambitious to start and scaling down their short-term operational aspirations. I think it paid off more for Alikchi than it did for Windy at the start, though. I think we'll see Windy back off his Philippine defence hopes entirely, but Alikchi probably got a good scare almost losing his CVL's in a dumb engagement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'll be interested in seeing how the carrier battle actually shapes up. Alikchi likes to call himself a gambler, but sending two light carriers against an American fleet carrier was so rash that it was almost worthy of a wartime IJN officer.

Gaishu Isshoku!

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Pimpmust posted:

The Japanese still seem to have carrier(s) flying A5M Claude, so the Buffs aren't that terrible in comparison. Doing 1 on 1 with carriers at this stage is pretty drat risky for both sides.

I am starting to crave some updates though :colbert:

I want a post a day and then the spergiest milhist goons doing a goddamn seminar breakdown every day. Too much to ask for, I know :qq:

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

I clenched for Windy.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

A real surprise mothafucka! moment.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Xenoborg posted:

Is the scouting just super unreliable or was the timing just incredibly unlucky? From Windy's thread we see that he more than quadrupled the AV in Port Mosbey sometime before Jan 22th. Jan 23rd was Alikchi's last recon showing only 4k men. 28th was the landing, less than a week after his last scout because he switched to attacking.

In WITP that's a very long time.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

A shameful display by all the pilots and Windy. With more fortune or if Windy knew what he was doing one side could have got loving wrecked.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

It was actually this close to being a terrible blow against Alikchi but I suspect he will be equally upset he didn't get an American flattop given how aggressive he is.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

The loss of any flight decked ship is a gigantic pain in the rear end for the Japanese but given Ali's tempo and success so far it's not too bad if it sinks. It may well - Japanese have poo poo damage control.

The question is will he count his blessings or gamble with the KB more to try to get the American flattops.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Does Alikchi still have a lovely supply chain in this mod, do we know?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

WITP is to the Pacific Theatre what Shattered Sword is to the history of the Pacific theatre. The most grognardy creation ever made :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

I think Windy is pretty distracted which is probably why updates are infrequent and mistakes are frequent, aside from the fact he evidently isn't that adept of a player.

• Locked thread