Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paradigmblue
Oct 12, 2003
I'm a little worried about Windy - he seems to be a little strategically and tactically outmatched by Alikchi. However, as I think we'll see in late 1943, quantity has a quality all of its own, and the losses that Windy is taking now are easily replaceable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradigmblue
Oct 12, 2003
For another example of what an aggressive Japanese player can do, check out this AAR. It's only January 1942, and the Japanese player already has Borneo and Java in the bag, as well as the entire Eastern coast of Australia as far South as Brisbane (moving South of Brisbane triggers additional Australian reinforcements to appear in Aden) and has started a strategic bombing campaign on Sydney and Melbourne, has captured Ceylon, denying the allied player the critical ports of Colombo and Trincomalee, has broken through in Burma and has cut Rangoon off, and has captured Suva and the Somoan Islands, including Pago Pago.

To be fair, the AI doesn't evacuate troops as much as the allied player did, but the allied player wasn't necessarily wrong to do so - in none of those areas could the allied player actually have made a stand that would not have wound up with destroyed ground units and ships.

paradigmblue
Oct 12, 2003
So Windy has plans on invading the Kuriles and Guam in 1942? Am I the only one that thinks he's biting off a little more than he can chew?

paradigmblue
Oct 12, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

Does anyone know what mod they're using for the map? It's so, so much better than the generic map.

You can find it here.

It really is a fantastic map, I use it as well. Much easier on the eyes. My only complaint is that you can't tell terrain type easily by looking at the map, so if you want to know if a hex is jungle or not, for example, you have to turn on the hex detail overlay.

paradigmblue
Oct 12, 2003
I have an after-action report up on the WitP forums vs fellow SA member Lockmart Lawndart if anyone is looking for another WitP thread to follow.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3821634

paradigmblue
Oct 12, 2003

Pimpmust posted:

You could use some other image host (at least for any juicy battles) than dropbox, so the readers don't have to click on every link - unless the Matrix forums prevents that? (No idea)

I think I fixed it, take a look!

paradigmblue
Oct 12, 2003

Saros posted:

That Japanese OOB is totally nuts.

I've always seen posts on SA about what it would take for Japan in WitP:AE to have a chance for a true victory - not just running out the clock as long as possible. If this OOB doesn't give them that chance, I don't know what will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradigmblue
Oct 12, 2003
This is getting hard to watch - Alikchi is just massacring Windy's shipping.

• Locked thread