Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Come to think of it when was the last time McDonalds ran an add that was like come here because our food is delicious?

Their website is just lists of questions people have about their food like "is it made of slime" and "how awful do the cows die" and there's no positive spin on the front of it, it's like they took Dominos strategy but forgot to pretend there's good stuff going on to change it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i stopped going there when they raised the price of the McDouble, even if i didnt want a mcdouble just on principle

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Rutibex posted:

i stopped going there when they raised the price of the McDouble, even if i didnt want a mcdouble just on principle

i always thought it was pretty funny that their food is just snouts and assholes but they're continually raising their prices anyways

i still go there since i can get a gallon of unsweetened iced tea* for a dollar and it manages to not taste like soap

* - may not be actual tea

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

Rutibex posted:

same but for the double cheeseburger

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
your payment: murder you are famil

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

what's the actual commercial? are they actually going to start giving you hugs instead of making you pay for your congealed fat and marrow burger?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
these commercials make me really depressed

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Business Gorillas posted:

what's the actual commercial? are they actually going to start giving you hugs instead of making you pay for your congealed fat and marrow burger?
this is going to fail on so many levels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq2Sm2XGv_s

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
The superbowl commercials were extremely lol this year.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Miltank posted:

The superbowl commercials were extremely lol this year.

I esp enjoyed the commercials that called you a sissy boy if you didn't buy one of their trucks

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Monkey Fracas posted:

I esp enjoyed the commercials that called you a sissy boy if you didn't buy one of their trucks

or if you wanted to drink a beer that didn't taste like piss

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I don't eat at mcdonalds so this doesn't affect me. Seems pretty stupid and gay though.

CharlestonJew posted:

or if you wanted to drink a beer that didn't taste like piss

I loved the budweiser one that was all like this is beer that isn't for hipster faggots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siHU_9ec94c

The dude sniffing the beer in the beginning with the hosed up hipster mustache is so great. Budweiser is piss but this is a pretty good troll commercial.

Demonachizer fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 6, 2015

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
You guys see that new build your own perfect burger? They just implemented it near my work. It's a waste of time. You tell them the type of bread, meat, addendums, etc. They're trying too hard.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Why would you even go inside a McDonalds. Do you poors actually walk or take buses or something?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Budweiser is Beer For People Who Love Piss

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
my friend and i went there as a last resort monday night because of the snowstorm and they tried to get us to say something we loved about each other and we would get our entire $15 order for free and looked at us like we just won the lottery. i handed them my card, paid, and got the gently caress out

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Stoic Commie posted:

my friend and i went there as a last resort monday night because of the snowstorm and they tried to get us to say something we loved about each other and we would get our entire $15 order for free and looked at us like we just won the lottery. i handed them my card, paid, and got the gently caress out

wait they aren't literally doing it are they

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Demonachizer posted:

I don't eat at mcdonalds so this doesn't affect me. Seems pretty stupid and gay though.

I loved the budweiser one that was all like this is beer that isn't for hipster faggots.

The dude sniffing the beer in the beginning with the hosed up hipster mustache is so great. Budweiser is piss but this is a pretty good troll commercial.

i see budweiser is taking the republican stance of "tell everyone who isn't already your customer to gently caress off and die in a fire, then have your company die when the baby boomers start dropping like flies"

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
love is a figurative concept, man

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Rutibex posted:

this is going to fail on so many levels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq2Sm2XGv_s

i wonder how many soulless hours the marketing department spent finding the perfect downs child for their commercial

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Stoic Commie posted:

Do you both look so loving gay that a cashier assumed you were married and in love

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Demonachizer posted:

The best part of that commercial is that Anheuser-Busch InBev just purchased a Seattle-based brewery (Elysian) that makes a Pumpkin Peach Ale late in January.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
If you really love your family, you wouldn't be eating lovely fast food at McDonald's. At least go to Wendy's or something.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
who exactly are these mcdonald's commercials meant to appeal to?

LGD posted:

The best part of that commercial is that Anheuser-Busch InBev just purchased a Seattle-based brewery (Elysian) that makes a Pumpkin Peach Ale late in January.

hell, they've been trying to jump on the craft bandwagon for a while with the Shock Top line, a "craft" beer that gets mysterious amounts of exposure and uncannily good store placement

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

who exactly are these mcdonald's commercials meant to appeal to?

hell, they've been trying to jump on the craft bandwagon for a while with the Shock Top line, a "craft" beer that gets mysterious amounts of exposure and uncannily good store placement

they also apparently own Leffe, which as far as i know only makes lambrics

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
^and rolling rock, and blue moon, and some more

EugeneJ posted:

Do you both look so loving gay that a cashier assumed you were married and in love

probably the polar opposite, which is why they thought it'd be funny, unlike your posts

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Stoic Commie posted:

lambrics are pretty much the troons of beer, though

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Zippy the Bummer posted:

some cashier working the graveyard shift at an empty iowa truck stop mcdonalds will demand a quick gently caress in the handicap bathroom stall as payment for a triple order of mcnuggets

Isn't that usually the price?

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
every time i've made a lambic it was an accident due to poor sterilization, so yeah very similar to troons and their parents

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

EugeneJ posted:

If I worked at mcdonalds you bet your rear end I would be tryning to force the most macho acting groups of friends to make out with each other for free mcchickens

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Stoic Commie posted:

probably the polar opposite, which is why they thought it'd be funny, unlike your posts

Was it really worth so much to preserve your heterosexual appearance that you and your buddy couldn't say one nice thing to each other for a free meal

How fat and antisocial are you

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Business Gorillas posted:

they also apparently own Leffe, which as far as i know only makes lambrics

pretty sure leffe does standard belgian-type beers- they may have made a lambic at some point I don't know about

but yeah InBev, Miller/Coors/Molson/Whoeverelsetheybought and like every other big brewing/booze conglomerate has been buying up the craft guys wherever they can because it's like the only growth sector in the beer market

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

EugeneJ posted:

Was it really worth so much to preserve your heterosexual appearance that you and your buddy couldn't say one nice thing to each other for a free meal

How fat and antisocial are you

haha yeah totally! not sorry i hurt your feelings

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nocheez posted:

If you really love your family, you wouldn't be eating lovely fast food at McDonald's. At least go to Wendy's or something.

SPRING MIX

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Zippy the Bummer posted:

so wanting people to be nice and happy is commendable and all but consider the folloiwing scenarios

so like what is a customer rolls up and orders a couple double quarter pounders and the cashier says "oh your payment today is that you just have to call your dad up and tell him you love him!! :) " but the customer's dad died four days ago from cancer, or the customer's dad abused the gently caress out of him as a child

or the cashier is like "to pay for your mc chickens you need to promise to give your family hugs!!" but the customer was abandoned as an infant and was raised by the state and is a violent emotionless sociopath

hosed up and riddled with pitfalls imo.....

sounds like a nice promo

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

from what i've seen of multiple youtube videos, im pretty sure that fast food workers being forced by their managers to tell people to do things to get the food they ordered will go over wonderfully

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
thi s will probably result in a net drop in customers for mcdonalds until this ends whenever, as people start avoiding mcdonalds because they dont want to stand round and be asked to do stupid awkward poo poo by teenagers

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

wrong thread: faaaarrrrtttttt

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
i want them, to pick me. i want free food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

does the free food have to be McDonald's food because I love pizza

• Locked thread