Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
to take off your skin, And dance around in your bones!

Mr. Wookums posted:

Real answer:

American food is historically worse than British, the cold water helps numb your tongue.

Then why the gently caress is Britain's national dish Chicken tikka masala?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Trochanter posted:

Then why the gently caress is Britain's national dish chicken tikka masala?

:boom:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Dynastocles posted:

That's bullshit. The Chinese drink warm water because of Taoist superstition, the same reason they bake live dogs to death in large ovens (pain makes meat taste better) and torture black bears for their entire lives (bear bile supposedly has magical properties)

that's just like your opinion man

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."

Skeleton Ape posted:

Why do Europeans think about / discuss America roughly 1000 times as much as we do them. We drink cold water because you're loving fascinated with us and we know it baffles you and pisses you off, that's why :mad:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Skeleton Ape posted:

Why do Europeans think about / discuss America roughly 1000 times as much as we do them. We drink cold water because you're loving fascinated with us and we know it baffles you and pisses you off, that's why :mad:
we don't think about Europeans as much because we get hung up on simple things like calling fries chips, so we never get any further

i mean what the gently caress fries are not even chip shaped, call them sticks or pieces or something if you're gonna be that literal

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
cold water is really nice in the summer or when u are really thirsty...but room temp bottled water is typically what i am drinking throughout the day and it is just something ive become so accustomed to and dont mind it at all. plus a man from china that i used to work with said always drinking ice cold water isnt good for u because it like shocks ur system or something and i kinda get that.

water of any temp though is still far better than drinking any other kind of typical america refreshment though that is loaded with HFCS/sugar, artificial sweetners, brominated veg oil, etc. drink like 1/2 to 1g a day and u will start to feel and even look a little better, trust me i speak truth. obviously u will also piss more which is a good excuse to get away from ur desk and it also feels p good most of the time.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
After a nite of drinking and a morning wake & bake, I get the hot pipes. If i'm out for brunch I'll just ask for a pitcher of ice water with my pinkpanks & bacon, and bloody mary. :getin:

texasmed
May 27, 2004
the only thing floating in my water is cubes of ice, you drat dirty euros

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Cold water is better than warm or hot water.

However, room temperature water is better than cold water.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Paper Diamonds posted:

the only good food i had there was made by people from other countries

anglosphere.txt

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
did austerity take your ice europe?

who has taken your ice?

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

david... posted:

if the world was a party then america is the guy shouting and loudly making GBS threads his pants in the middle of the room and it's a party you can never leave and the water is all room temperature

If the world were a party then America is the guy shouting loudly while the rest of the world shuts up and listens. Some countries at the party love America some hate America, and all of them want to be in Americas place some day. Europe is the jealous guy in the corner seething because, not long ago he was in the middle of the room shouting loudly, and now no one cares about him.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Aesop Poprock posted:

I get Paris syndrome just from reading about how horrible europe actually is on here. Like i've been conditioned to think its all good beer and wine and stuff but then i find out europeans are baffled by cool water and i wake up hours later after a fugue state huddled under an overpass in my PJs
Europeans are hard-wired against anything that makes their lives easier. Which is why they still mostly drive manual transmissions.

Which can be kinda cool. I like manual autos.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Sometimes I want to drive a sporty, European manual. After I have a glass of introspective warm water. Other times I want a super-sized American truck automatic with giant cupholders and I can just cruiiiiise down the highway chugging on my big gulp.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Smiling Mandrill posted:

If the world were a party then America is the guy shouting loudly while the rest of the world shuts up and listens. Some countries at the party love America some hate America, and all of them want to be in Americas place some day. Europe is the jealous guy in the corner seething because, not long ago he was in the middle of the room shouting loudly, and now no one cares about him.

Europe is the quiet, introverted guy that snidely says to the girls around him "Pfft...can you believe that guy? Thinks he's king of the world..."

Then he simmers in a quiet rage when the same girls go chat up the loud, obnoxious American.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I can handle it because I am warm-blooded unlike you European reptile monsters.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

duckfarts posted:

it's a chinese medicine thing

tl;dr: you drink warm water because it's closest to your body's normal temperature, cold water can throw off your body's balance in various ways

i drink warmish water normally, but cold water is still goddamn delicious

God drat, traditional chinese medicine is some goofy poo poo.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Ugly In The Morning posted:

God drat, traditional chinese medicine is some goofy poo poo.

Shut up and eat your goat's penis, it will help you have more confidence in yourself.

:snrk, snicker:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Wicker Man posted:

Shut up and eat your goat's penis, it will help you have more confidence in yourself.

:snrk, snicker:

I dunno, I think I have a cold, I'll just nibble on this thunder root to clear out the ol' chi, then die because that poo poo is mad toxic and doing the equivelent of treating the sniffles with a round of chemotherapy is actually a terrible idea.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
from what i've seen, most stuff in traditional chinese medicine is ok/not completely batshit insane, and the crazy poo poo is more on the fringe and even considered to be snake oil by most(like "eat this shaved antler horn" or something). the easy way to tell which is which usually is if the edible/practice in question is supposed to be "good for men", which is inevitably about augmenting dick power, and anything about dick power is like a supermagnet for dirty asian men. it seems the rarer and more exotic the bullshit is, the better it is for your dingdong. me and my brother hypothesized that the most powerful medicine in the future will be powdered frozen tiger fetus penis whenever they get around to figuring out how to make it

duckfarts fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 6, 2015

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
It's got diagnostic tongue fuzz for everything and arbitrarily decides whether or not things are hot or cold and how they balance each other out. It's pretty goofy.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
that necrotizing bacteria can only survive in warm water

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
here in america we have expert plumbing and filtration systems so we dont have to boil our water to make it safe to drink...and then drink it hot because we're too lazy to wait for it to cool down...suck my rear end ,homo

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
who the gently caress drinks warm water wtf disgusting

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Because we're correct.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

duckfarts posted:

tl;dr: you drink warm water because it's closest to your body's normal temperature, cold water can throw off your body's balance in various ways

you know, some people think mao was a bad man because of the whole "horrible loving idiot autocrat" thing, but I'd hazard that his encouragement of the most laughably idiotic superstitions china ever shat out is a far more intellectually serious crime

i mean, yea, sure, millions dead, but at least it wasn't "One wierd tip to cure your limp dick using endangered species!!!" being justified by people pretending to be doctors

duckfarts posted:

from what i've seen, most stuff in traditional chinese medicine is ok/not completely batshit insane, and the crazy poo poo is more on the fringe and even considered to be snake oil by most(like "eat this shaved antler horn" or something). the easy way to tell which is which usually is if the edible/practice in question is supposed to be "good for men", which is inevitably about augmenting dick power, and anything about dick power is like a supermagnet for dirty asian men. it seems the rarer and more exotic the bullshit is, the better it is for your dingdong. me and my brother hypothesized that the most powerful medicine in the future will be powdered frozen tiger fetus penis whenever they get around to figuring out how to make it
literally every thing that works in traditional chinese quackery, you can get for realz from an actual pharmacy

it is the worst sort of bullshit that fills me with a mixture of glee and horror at how they are indirectly murdering thousands of chinamen every day and now added africans to the list

hot loving water

also if I want cold water I just go to the goddamn mountain stream next to my grandfathers hovel and scoop out pure goddamn snowmelt because why the hell would I heat it up, hot water is full of sulfur and poo poo

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I can't think of a beverages other than scotch that I prefer lukewarm. I like hot beverages such as coffee and tea and for water and beer I prefer as chilled as possible.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
In the country of europe we drink warm water only. Also warm beer and warm liquor and wine and warm soda

the more lukewarm something is, the more desirable it is

It all started when the president of Europe declared cold beverages to be haram and it kind of snowballed from there

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

In the country of europe we drink warm water only. Also warm beer and warm liquor and wine and warm soda

the more lukewarm something is, the more desirable it is

It all started when the president of Europe declared cold beverages haram and it kind of snowballed from there

Savages

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I used to prefer water to be cold with ice in it. Then I started running and room temp water is way easier to gulp down than ice water. And I guess it just stuck and you dont have to gently caress about with icecubs.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Only savages drink water.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I dont know, the water that comes outta the faucet tastes like the inside of the grease trap. Cold water numbs the gross.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I like room temperature water.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Room temperature like the water in the toilet?

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
toilet water is usually pretty cold in my experience (i drink from the toilet)

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Mariana Horchata posted:

plus a man from china that i used to work with said always drinking ice cold water isnt good for u because it like shocks ur system or something and i kinda get that.

you sound real fuckin dumb

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

duckfarts posted:

who the gently caress gets brain freeze from cold water

there's as much whackjob pseudoscience in this as a Jenny McCarthy book

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

Nefarious posted:

you sound real fuckin dumb

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe