Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
http://gawker.com/make-hitler-happy-the-beginning-of-mein-kampf-as-told-1683573587

:allears:

oh Gawker, where will your hilarious hijinks go next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i literally don't understand why coca cola thought this was a good idea

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

i literally don't understand why coca cola thought this was a good idea

same logic in allowing free comment on GOP State of the Union Youtube response lol

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.
it's funny to see one of the giant poster childs of capitalism get owned

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Nonsense posted:

same logic in allowing free comment on GOP State of the Union Youtube response lol

Also allowing printting your name on some political sticker, etc.

this is pretty cool

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
So Gawker is 4chan?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Doctor Shapes posted:

it's funny to see one of the giant poster childs of capitalism get owned

it's like i'm in the VR of gawker right now, a site that hates pranks

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I find this humorous

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
wait so gawker tweeted all of mein kampf line by line, to prove... what exactly? I don't understand any of this

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Seems like Coke actually made Gawker look dumb? Gawker tried so hard to be edgy but instead, all their dumbass Mein Kampf quotes got reduced to smiling bananas and poo poo.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

BigBoss posted:

Seems like Coke actually made Gawker look dumb? Gawker tried so hard to be edgy but instead, all their dumbass Mein Kampf quotes got reduced to smiling bananas and poo poo.

Pretty much. Coke's campaign worked as intended, took trolling and made art out of it.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

BigBoss posted:

What is with sites like Gawker prematurely declaring victory over stupid poo poo? Hurr durr their program to turn stuff into ASCII art that we voluntarily submitted hateful things to made bananas out of hitler quotes, look at how much we owned them.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

they should put cocaine back in coca cola. i'd drink that poo poo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sexy young infidel posted:

wait so gawker tweeted all of mein kampf line by line, to prove... what exactly? I don't understand any of this

That corporations are like, bad, man.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I like that banana.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
no WeedlordBonerHitler, voted 1

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

What is with sites like Gawker prematurely declaring victory over stupid poo poo? Hurr durr their program to turn stuff into ASCII art that we voluntarily submitted hateful things to made bananas out of hitler quotes, look at how much we owned them.

A lack of talent and content combined with a need to endlessly provide poo poo. See buzzfeed for examples.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

BigBoss posted:

A lack of talent and content combined with a need to endlessly provide poo poo. See buzzfeed for examples.

more examples:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=183777

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
yeah gawker's dumb

but I'm still a little peeved that multinational corporations are running cute/dumb social media campaigns and tricking morons into participating in them

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mcdonalds is worse by every measure

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Nonsense posted:

I got a buy one get one free coupon for a Quarter Pounder.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Nonsense posted:

disney vs mcdonalds vs coke in a three way cage death match (the winner gets murdered)

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
This is exactly like the time when taco bell tolled my brand recognition by streaming diarrhea down my pant leg and into my shoes and over my socks

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tonsured posted:

This is exactly like the time when taco bell tolled my brand recognition by streaming diarrhea down my pant leg and into my shoes and over my socks

This is only real way to get any real brand loyalty.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i support team gawker

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the most evil man employed by disney is colin cowherd

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Nonsense posted:

the most evil man employed by disney is colin cowherd

the herd with colin cowherd

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Coca-Cola is simply encouraging us to imagine how different WWII would have been if the SS wore Coke armbands and rounded up all the Jews to give them refreshing ice cold soft drinks instead of bullets to the face.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
article has "hermeneutical" as lik eits tenth word

where the gently caress do they find these ppl?

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
this is just as shameful as when weedlord bonerhitler signed the repeal obamacare petition

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
everyone knows coca cola is owned by nazis

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Sweet Tea posted:

they should put cocaine back in coca cola. i'd drink that poo poo
they already spend time and effort taking it out of the coca leaves. they should send it all to TCC.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Oh Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I lust for gawkerdeath

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

its interesting how companies are like, everyone in this intense hate-fuelled knifemurder festival needs to calm down, we're trying to sell you things and its bad for business. everyone calm down, just oh god stop saying those things, hey look at this, doesn't this seem great oh please god no

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
so gawker wrote up a bot to own the coca cola bot

thats a pretty good metaphor for contemporary life but not in the way gawker intended

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So Gawker tweets Mein Kompf and somehow Coke is the bad guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Volume posted:

So Gawker tweets Mein Kompf and somehow Coke is the bad guy?

coke does not care about your happiness or negativity. coke wants to sell you sugar water and make a lot of money. social media marketing is retarded and cynical so good that they tweeted hitler and had to shut it down

• Locked thread