Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If you can drive a truck, you can probably pilot a drone and get paid about twice as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i really miss having jobs like i did during college that involved driving around all day interspersed with moments of physical activity and social interaction. In hindsight despite the lower pay and non existent opportunity for advancement it was still far less soul crushing than working in a dehumanizing open office amongst underemployed coworkers afraid to behave like humans out of fear of losing their jobs or not being able to being passed up for a raise/promotion who resort to burying themselves in between a set of headphones all day and use gchat as a sole means of communication...when they are likely fairly normal people outside of the office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pokpfj6ZF90

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
breaker breaker ten nine there is poop coming out of my butt, repeat, poop coming out of my butt over

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

CharlestonJew posted:

breaker breaker ten nine there is poop coming out of my butt, repeat, poop coming out of my butt over

the way of the road boys

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestonJew posted:

the one day I *had* to drive home even knowing I had horrible diarrhea. but I stopped in a rest stop and some trucker sat down next to me and I realized that his shits were as watery as mine. That's when I knew what it means to be a trucker.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Arian_Samurai posted:

What's in all these trucks?????????????????

From someone who is a boss of many truckers, anything you can loving imagine

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

haljordan posted:

the way of the road boys

boom right into the post office

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

From someone who is a boss of many truckers, anything you can loving imagine

What's the ratio of boxes containing cargo to boxes containing dead hooker parts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imhBoE56OEs

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
like, imagine what your colon would be like if you ate nothing but subway and combos for a week.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Harald posted:

the one day I *had* to drive home even knowing I had horrible diarrhea. but I stopped in a rest stop and some trucker sat down next to me and I realized that his shits were as watery as mine. That's when I knew what it means to be a trucker.

i had a mexican driver once that would rather piss all over himself and the cab rather than stop. he was canned, sacked, fired if you will

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

haljordan posted:

What's the ratio of boxes containing cargo to boxes containing dead hooker parts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imhBoE56OEs

work with carriers in mexico and youll transport a great deal of "rare art"

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Raider posted:

i had a mexican driver once that would rather piss all over himself and the cab rather than stop. he was canned, sacked, fired if you will
a loving american hero and all he got was fired.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Blue Raider posted:

Why didn't he use piss jugs?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVJQSnmeGzI

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Buck rules

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Can you still get "nasal spray" that's just straight up speed at real truck stops? Fuckin' Thruway only has garbage rest stops with Roy Rogers and Asian people pissing on the bathroom floors.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Arian_Samurai posted:

Why didn't he use piss jugs?

who the hell knows. piss jugs come with their own issues, especially if multiple drivers share a truck, but weve never figured out why he was so pissy pants

we paid another driver 100 bucks cash to clean it out after he got fired

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I don't understand why they don't just pour the piss out of the jugs and reuse them

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

haljordan posted:

Can you still get "nasal spray" that's just straight up speed at real truck stops? Fuckin' Thruway only has garbage rest stops with Roy Rogers and Asian people pissing on the bathroom floors.

you can get all kinds of sketchy poo poo around hub cities like atlanta but your general flying J or BP id think not

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

gnarlyhotep posted:

I don't understand why they don't just pour the piss out of the jugs and reuse them

listen i'm perfectly willing to piss in a jug

just not a jug that someone else has pissed in, alright?

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Harald posted:

but I stopped in a rest stop and some trucker sat down next to me and I realized that his shits were as watery as mine.

God I loving hate when people do this

gnarlyhotep posted:

opportunity cost

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

gnarlyhotep posted:

some do. a recurring theme with piss jugs is being forgotten then kicked over later

see also: dip spit

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
who uses a piss jug without a lid? use a gatorade bottle or something

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egcXvqiho4w

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Blue Raider posted:

some do. a recurring theme with piss jugs is being forgotten then kicked over later

see also: dip spit

:yikes:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Smoremaster posted:

who uses a piss jug without a lid? use a gatorade bottle or something

buddy you're talking sense here

something many truck drivers don't have

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

buddy you're talking sense here

something many truck drivers don't have

I thought most truck drivers were just taking a break between earning their PHDs and their MDs!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
trying to earn my Masters in Driving. its all for course credit you see

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

haljordan posted:

I thought most truck drivers were just taking a break between earning their PHDs and their MDs!

poo poo you get all kinds. way more than youd think with 4 year degrees. the truth is that it pays pretty well generally.

you also get an inordinate number of ex and part time cops as well as firemen.

dont let this make you think that most of them arent just retard good old boys. i love em but they are completely retard good old boys

its a low skill, relatively high paying job that only requires an advanced license. its a decent gig all said

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

like if you dont care about not being home ever, you can clear 100k a year

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

poo poo you get all kinds. way more than youd think with 4 year degrees. the truth is that it pays pretty well generally.

you also get an inordinate number of ex and part time cops as well as firemen.

dont let this make you think that most of them arent just retard good old boys. i love em but they are completely retard good old boys

its a low skill, relatively high paying job that only requires an advanced license. its a decent gig all said

It's good to know that driving a 53ft trailer loaded down with god only knows how much weight is considered "low skill"

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

low skill? it looks hard as gently caress driving one of those things. i can't even imagine trying to back up, or driving on city street, making right turns.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

haljordan posted:

It's good to know that driving a 53ft trailer loaded down with god only knows how much weight is considered "low skill"

never more than like 50k pounds but dont ever think its brain surgery. truck driving is an easy rear end job

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

low skill? it looks hard as gently caress driving one of those things. i can't even imagine trying to back up, or driving on city street, making right turns.

its easier than you think. i mean you might have a hell of a time doing it at first but people fall into the job QUICK

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I was driving back from Philly the other weekend and I actually saw an open weigh station, I think that's the first time ever I've seen that poo poo. Wonder how many drivers were sweating their balls off with a load that was overlimit.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

haljordan posted:

I was driving back from Philly the other weekend and I actually saw an open weigh station, I think that's the first time ever I've seen that poo poo. Wonder how many drivers were sweating their balls off with a load that was overlimit.

they probably just loving went around it on backroads

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
well if I can handle your mom I sure as heck can handle 50,000 lbs

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
do you actually have to know anything about fixing the truck if it breaks down, or do they just expect you to drive? like, is there AAA for truckers?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
you need to work on your timing, Harald

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

do you actually have to know anything about fixing the truck if it breaks down, or do they just expect you to drive? like, is there AAA for truckers?

nope, they just call the breakdown dept or dispatch and itll get handled from there. some companies won't let drivers tinker with trucks for insurance reasons

• Locked thread