Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
do you think earthlings will colonize space or is this it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
ive been waiting for this outdated piece of poo poo civilization to end and i'll even take a lame successor like kudzu over us

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

we peaked when the lion king got released

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
interesting question. yes, I think the best is yet to come and that we're going to colonize space.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

We will colonize space, but in doing so will bring back a terrible incurable disease that will wipe us all out.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
seems like we're living in a dimension where cars rule the world

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
dunno about humanity but i know you have OP

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i believe that we have peaked

i believe that we will colonize space

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Rickycat posted:

dunno about humanity but i know you have OP

aw gently caress

so when will the big project where humanity pools its talents together to make a mothership start to happen?

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stoat posted:

we peaked when the lion king got released

The lion king was too sad for me as a kid..like i didnt enjoy the movie cause mustafas death just shook me up for the rest of it. Am i alone or did they really just push every little kids buttons hardcore out there.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Also yea thanks to petroleum the human race has had its little hundred year party, complete with the added genocide sideshows..shows about to be over soon, from what direction the end of the debauchery comes nobody knows. We sure didn't become like this due to our own ingenuity alone, have to thank the cheap and plentiful energy of mother earth for that one.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Tautologicus posted:

The lion king was too sad for me as a kid..like i didnt enjoy the movie cause mustafas death just shook me up for the rest of it. Am i alone or did they really just push every little kids buttons hardcore out there.

It's probably sadder to me now than as a kid.

When that squeaky shoe in Roger Rabbit got dipped or when they had Chucky previews in front of my Top Gun vhs was that moment for me

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Tautologicus posted:

Also yea thanks to petroleum the human race has had its little hundred year party, complete with the added genocide sideshows..shows about to be over soon, from what direction the end of the debauchery comes nobody knows. We sure didn't become like this due to our own ingenuity alone, have to thank the cheap and plentiful energy of mother earth for that one.

who spilled oil all in my poooool

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Tautologicus posted:

kids movies were loving horrific. please see: all of pinocchio

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
You can pretty much only go to a shittier planet than earth

AMINAL
Dec 6, 2014
it's all going to work out

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Lightanchor posted:

You can pretty much only go to a shittier planet than earth

Would you want to live in the part of the universe where every country had it's own planet

AMINAL posted:

it's all going to work out

humanity destroys itself and the reptiles rule the world again

I agree

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Junk posted:

kids movies were loving horrific. please see: all of pinocchio

I got this intimidating feeling from a lot of them. I don't like watching disney movies now (besides aladdin) because they make me remember that feeling. no reason to relive it, and emotionally besting a disney movie is not an accomplishment. But i know they're all super popular and that's fine, i guess they ought to be.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
We may not have to go that far to peak. Peak of humanity could happen to an earthbound humanity, space exploration and colonization are neat but I feel due to it's vast emptiness, space may not hold the key to the next or final level of the human existence, I believe we will need to find that on our own where we stand.

In other words, the question in the title and the question in your OP are two totally different questions.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Cyberball 2072 posted:

We may not have to go that far to peak. Peak of humanity could happen to an earthbound humanity, space exploration and colonization are neat but I feel due to it's vast emptiness, space may not hold the key to the next or final level of the human existence, I believe we will need to find that on our own where we stand.

In other words, the question in the title and the question in your OP are two totally different questions.

to continue this epic quest we will need new planets to survive on as we are only a few thousand years into this millenial journey

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Tautologicus posted:

I got this intimidating feeling from a lot of them. I don't like watching disney movies now (besides aladdin) because they make me remember that feeling. no reason to relive it, and emotionally besting a disney movie is not an accomplishment. But i know they're all super popular and that's fine, i guess they ought to be.

aladdin might be one of the only ones from the 90s that didn't go full on horror. I mean yeah there was that part at the end where everything turns evil but there wasnt anything :nms: about it like other movies

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
humanity peaked when we took midgets, harnessed them to an airplane and paid them to race against an elephant

naem
May 29, 2011

We're going to spread like a virus throughout the Galaxy

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

naem posted:

We're going to spread like a virus throughout the Galaxy

are only the elements exclusive to harness a planet

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Probably not going to colonize space if its anything like this : http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3696491

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Probably not going to colonize space if its anything like this : http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3696491

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Humanity will have peaked when we all become robots and aren't really recognizable as human anymore.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
humanity will peak when we all jsut loving kill ourselves

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
humanity will peak when my mom FUCKS OFF already about my messy room. I loving HEARD YOU ALREADY

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Humanity peaked centuries ago.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

im peak humanity

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

humanity is a sad thing

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

peak anime

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Faster than light travel is impossible, so we won't be colonizing any planets. Except maybe Mars.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

burritolingus posted:

Humanity peaked centuries ago.

It cannot be centuries ago if the internet was only invented last century

So the 90s

The Dennis System posted:

Faster than light travel is impossible, so we won't be colonizing any planets. Except maybe Mars.

This would have been an ideal place for prisons

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ffff

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
someone make a gif of fonzie jumping the shark but replace fonz with the earth

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
We're way past the tipping point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.
Just thought about this today as well.
Yeah, pretty much hosed at this point. The low hanging fruit has been taken and there are just too many of us here.

:smith:

• Locked thread