Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, is 'Not Another Teen Movie' the one that starts off with that nerdy chick masturbating?
yes it over-the-top mocks the cold open of the 1st american pie movie.

glowing-fish posted:

:agreed:

I like how it is packed with jokes, ranging from the slapstick to the sophisticated. Nobody slouches in it. Like, the guy who plays the football coach, while he is on screen, puts all his effort into being a high school football coach.

Although is it generally considered to be bad? I thought it was generally considered to be what it is, which is a movie with a lot of jokes.

it gets lumped in with the awfulness that followed i.e. scary movie franchise, before it got rescued by the director of airplane

the vulgarity traps people who can't see that it is mocking movies that rely on shock in lieu of content. also, if you pay attention to the sets, there's a ton of sight gags (posters, etc) it's really easy to appreciate their attention to detail on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UXq2eRZGvQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Conan the Barbarian

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
A Boy and His Dog, because the ending is totally rad

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Kung-Pow is a really, really stupid movie

but I kinda like it for some reason, can't explain it

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Walking Tall although I don't know if it's actually considered bad or just a bit forgettable, regardless it's 70 minutes of The Rock breaking poo poo with a chunk of wood it owns.

Jingle all the way I think people have learnt to appreciate it but it was considered bad when it came out

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The best part of Jingle All the Way is the terrorist bombing.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
after tomorrow i bet i will be adding jupiter ascending to this list

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
I thought The Spirit was alright. Silent Hill was pretty good, too.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Waterworld.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaz2k21 posted:

Walking Tall although I don't know if it's actually considered bad or just a bit forgettable, regardless it's 70 minutes of The Rock breaking poo poo with a chunk of wood it owns.

Jingle all the way I think people have learnt to appreciate it but it was considered bad when it came out

You should go watch the original Walking Tall with my favorite B-actor Joe Don Baker

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ryoshi posted:

Super Mario Bros movie is awesome as poo poo

Daisy is p hot, it has music by Satch, plays with the idea of how dumb the mushroom thing is, and the climax involves people shooting each other with goddamn Super Scopes.

That movie gets swept under the rug because it accurately depicted 9/11 almost 10 years before it happened, so obviously american conscious completely forgot about the first time.

E: in case you forgot:

Sponge Baathist fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 6, 2015

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Monkey Fracas posted:

Same. I was going to post this

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Monkey Fracas posted:

That's what makes it so awesome, it's so genuinely and unpretentiously stupid that you can't help but love it.

"Taco bell, taco bell, product placement with taco bell..."

Has anyone posted The 5th Element yet? How about Jet Li's "The One"?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Monkey Fracas posted:

You should go watch the original Walking Tall with my favorite B-actor Joe Don Baker

He is an American treasure

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Most people I've met who have seen it hated Rubber but I thought it was good.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
prometheus

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You'd be surprised how many people really have a hate-on for Toys. Nobody 'got' it.

Also, is 'Not Another Teen Movie' the one that starts off with that nerdy chick masturbating?

I love Not Another Teen Movie. For me, my real guilty pleasure is Twilight. Granted, I love it because it's loving awful, but I love it.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Arian_Samurai posted:

He is an American treasure

it is always a hilarious enough mistake to cast JDB as the leading man in a movie that it makes that movie worth watching

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Hackers

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Novo posted:

That's what makes it so awesome, it's so genuinely and unpretentiously stupid that you can't help but love it.

The One owns solely for that scene with the explosive mouse that explodes killing everyone and freeing evil Jet Li exactly matched to the "OOH WA AH AH AH" of "Get Down With the Sickness."

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Oh and the mouse is released from the platform heel of his evil blonde bombshell chick.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
anything with vin diesel

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Superman 3 was kind of poo poo, but it had Richard Pryor and an evil supercomputer and is pretty good when you're drunk.

Similarly, Star Trek 3.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hard Target is also cool as gently caress.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

JCVD punches a snake in the head and Wilford Brimley impales dudes with arrows.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Cabin Boy.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
southland tales. also vanilla sky

stevebuscemifan
Dec 24, 2013

Not bad.
BASEketball

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

JebanyPedal posted:

Oh and the mouse is released from the platform heel of his evil blonde bombshell chick.

It takes some enormous balls to walk out of the heel of an evil blonde bombshell chick and then suicide bomb death row so Evil Jet Li can make his escape. Fortunately that mouse had them.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Who says Hook is a bad movie? Hook is a great movie.

stevebuscemifan
Dec 24, 2013

Not bad.
Also, Cloud Atlas? I"ve heard some people say it was poo poo but I thought it was pretty good.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Paycheck. Rounders.

Novo posted:

Has anyone posted The 5th Element yet?

The 5th Element is considered bad?

funky not a junkie
Aug 5, 2011
pootie tang is honestly my favorite movie of all time

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I AM YU LAW!!! I AM NOBODYS BITCH

AloneNVegas
Feb 6, 2015

by Cowcaster
I and everyone I know loved the Star Wars prequels, and was absolutly shocked when I started using the internet, and realized that some consider them the worst films ever made.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Novo posted:

since when is the 5th element considered to be a bad movie, it's awesome

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Seriously they need to make a sequel to that movie called "The Two" which is about the two of them, one good guy living happily ever after and one bad guy training like Goku in the Chamber of Space and Time in an endless battle against criminals that would make Batman go, "drat, that guy's hardcore".

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

MauveAvenger posted:

Big Trouble in Little China

Novo posted:

Has anyone posted The 5th Element yet?

Those are not considered bad movies, you stupid shits.

CharlestonJew posted:

A Boy and His Dog, because the ending is totally rad

Everyone I've met who's seen A Boy and His Dog liked or loved it, except one weird Harlan Ellison fanboy who was mad that the movie changed the ending.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
13th warrior is pretty much my favorite movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
oh and both national treasure movies are really great.

• Locked thread