Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

nomadologique posted:

13th warrior is pretty much my favorite movie

Best Beowulf adaptation. Though, I wish they'd stuck with the title of the book: Eaters Of The Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

david... posted:

maximillian was/is the coolest movie robot

And when he combines with the evil scientist at the end, they basically become the robot devil.

putative
Dec 2, 2013
Soiled Meat
"The Core"

Stanley Tucci's character was the best thing about that movie. Also the ship was made from unobtanium (presumably mined from beneath a big cat-infested space tree???)

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

. . . Virtuosity.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Phrasing posted:

. . . Virtuosity.

I love this movie.

I also love Godzilla 2014. poo poo's so awesome.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Also Ravenous. An MTV produced dark comedy about the Mexican American War and cannibalism, but mostly cannibalism. Killer soundtrack as well

haha, what?

Just eatin some folks, nbd

I love everything about Ravenous.

Waterworld rules and I will watch it to the end everytime I come across it on TV.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Resident Evil movies. Yes, really.

They just get more and more and more absurd and it's almost amazing. Paul WS Anderson is like Michael Bay if Michael Bay wasn't really a cynical rear end in a top hat. He's like a 5 year old being handed multi-million dollar toys and allowed to crash them into each other over and over. And it's great. Anyone that's bitching how they aren't like the games needs to remember that this is a series that recently featured a dude punching a boulder repeatedly to move it. The laser-hallway scene everyone remembers about the movie is a perfect summary of the whole franchise: It makes no sense, but it's entertaining as hell anyway.

When the final one rolls around, I'll be there, probably in all it's gimmicky 3D glory.

Oh yeah, the last two movies do have an absolutely awesome soundtrack that's probably too good for them.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

You gotta be a real thick maudlin oval office to think Freddy Got Fingered isn't at least an okay funny movie.

Holy hell man, your avatar just had me looking for something to knock a bug off my monitor. The fact it's twitchy just made it look freakier. That's great.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I fuckinrg love waterworld!

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
prayer of the rollerboys, apparently so obscure it isn't even on RT
seconding the core, even after reading all the negative reviews and articles on scientific absurdities and agreeing with them, I just couldn't hate it
the fountain is considered a bad movie? :confused:
torque, one of the few movies I unironically consider "so bad it's good". most movies people put in that category are boring as gently caress

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Super Mario Bros. is the Citizen Kane of video game movies.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I like Elvis movies.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I'm down with most of these, but my list would probably have to be:

Forbidden Zone
Bloodsucking Freaks
Repo: The Genetic Opera
Tokyo Gore Police

In general, I've burned out the fuses on too many friends' brains when it comes to bizarre movies.
I still need to see Hell Comes To Frogtown and Premutos: Lord of the Living of the Dead again because those were gloriously bad.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

You need to track down the international release of this, Salute of the Jugger. It's exactly the same, except that it goes on for five more minutes after Blood of Heroes ends. Those five minutes make an insane amount of difference.

Neither version includes Joan Chen in a sexy outfit like on this poster

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

amityville anus posted:

The Raid = OMG Bollywood smash hit!

Indonesia =! India, mate

I quite liked Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. Yes, it's stupid and there are aliens and motorbike chases and surviving a nuclear explosion by hiding in a fridge, but the original three were funny and stupid too, and it's a lot better than Temple of Doom because it doesn't have the useless screechy lady and annoying little kid.

Also The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons are terrible but I love them. It's like a live-action version of Broken Sword but with more pseudoscience and Illuminati conspiracies, and they try to turn everything into an action sequence. Reading a book in a library, smoke going up the chimney to announce the new Pope, it's all shot at weird angles and with exciting music to make it look more interesting than it really is.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

The recent Robocop remake, and Prometheus.

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head

DaveSplitter posted:

The recent Robocop remake, and Prometheus.

Robocop is worth it just for the scene when Hocus Pocus is playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8vuu0ZbvX8

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
The Simpsons Complete 9th Season

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Was 13th warrior really considered bad? I remember it as a pretty good movie about vikings and antonio banderas fighting the local barbarians imo

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Also seconding Waterworld, it was entertaining throughout

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Street Fighter is a masterpiece. Raul Julia elevates it with every scene he's in.

"And it levitates....Me."

Archer666 fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 7, 2015

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Raku posted:

I like Elvis movies.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Seven years in Tibet is just starting on bbc 2 which reminded me that Brad Pitt once said he cringes at it because his acting is so bad in it. Nearly everyone I've spoken to says it's a bad film. My girlfriend fell asleep watching it. It's possibly my favourite movie, it's beautiful, brad Pitt is decent in it no matter what he says, the story is great, David thewlis owns it's a god drat good movie, I dunno why people don't like it.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

that one is my second favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uqaULykbH4

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans is insane but it's also legitimately great.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

hackbunny posted:

the fountain is considered a bad movie? :confused:

it didn't sell for poo poo cuz people dont have two brain cells to rub together.

I also liked cloud atlas though so it might be that im the idiot and just all turned around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg_ur5I_qRA

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ddddddffdfddddfddf posted:

Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans is insane but it's also legitimately great.

That movie was critically acclaimed. Just cuz it has Nic Cage in it doesn't mean it's autogarbage. It's Werner Herzog.
Reminder Nic Cage was an accomplished actor before he made retarded financial decisions.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

also dig that movie, just figured most people that saw it also did

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gallow posted:

Forbidden Zone

I wouldn't call this a bad movie, it's exactly the movie Richard Elfman wanted to make and it's completely consistent. There's absolutely no missteps as far as the style, cinematography, music and sound design, etc. I mean it's not for everybody obviously and a lot of people just wouldn't get it but it's definitely not a bad movie.

I agree with the rest though. Bloodsucking Freaks was quite an experience but holy poo poo is it mean-spirited and offensive. If it weren't so goofy I don't think I could've sat through it, but it was just silly enough that I actually kinda liked it.

As for my own I...

Phrasing posted:

. . . Virtuosity.

Wow, I haven't thought about this movie in years but I have to agree. Also Nothing But Trouble was one of my favorite and most watched movies, but years later I came across people talking about it on the internet like it was the worst piece-of-poo poo they ever saw.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Undercover Brother and Signs

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

EVERYONE IN THE WORLD AGREES THAT BAD LIEUTENANT PORT OF CALL NEW ORLEANS IS AMAZING, YOU DUMBASS

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

JebanyPedal posted:

I thought Hardware was loving amazing.

hardware is ace but richard stanley is a dick, not so much for nicking the story off 2000AD but for being an unapologetic dick about it afterwards

also he is still trying to rock the 90s goth cowboy look even after turning into a giant fatty

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

boom boom boom posted:

EVERYONE IN THE WORLD AGREES THAT BAD LIEUTENANT PORT OF CALL NEW ORLEANS IS AMAZING, YOU DUMBASS

oh

feller
Jul 5, 2006

The Stallone Judge Dredd. If not for Schneider, it would be my favorite action movie, but I stil like it a lot.

Also Speed Racer

Baby the Birdman
Jul 14, 2005

Every real nigga fuck they main girl in the ass.
I love eight legged freaks, also one of my favorite action films is only the strong (capoeira movie)

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I stand by Last Action Hero, I can't fathom how it got such bad reviews at the time; even now so many people can't seem to see satire and dark humor

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Godzilla (1998). 11 year old me loved the hell out of it when it came out. I even read the lovely novel based on it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Omelette du Fromage posted:

The Stallone Judge Dredd. If not for Schneider, it would be my favorite action movie, but I stil like it a lot.

I wouldn't judge a movie by its Rob Schneider cameo, he was in loving everything in the 90's.

On that note, Demolition Man is stupid as poo poo but it's still an awesome movie. I don't even know that I'd call it "bad" but I'm sure by somebody's standards it could be.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

King Vidiot posted:

I wouldn't call this a bad movie, it's exactly the movie Richard Elfman wanted to make and it's completely consistent. There's absolutely no missteps as far as the style, cinematography, music and sound design, etc. I mean it's not for everybody obviously and a lot of people just wouldn't get it but it's definitely not a bad movie.

I definitely agree that it's exactly what they were intending and love every crazy second of it, but even some people on cult/bad movie podcasts hate this movie. I find it surprising that some critics have called it art house wankery of all things (and leveled that charge at Oingo Boingo themselves). I thought that meant "pretentious". How can a movie with that much random dry humping be considered pretentious?

I've dropped that movie on at least seven different people who I figured would get a kick out of it and instead they all told me "This is what it's like in your brain all the time, isn't it?" usually followed by "Thanks, my brain is oozing out of my ear." And then later quote Freddy Got Fingered and/or Tim and Eric. WTF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head

Baby the Birdman posted:

I love eight legged freaks, also one of my favorite action films is only the strong (capoeira movie)

Bah nah nah wayyyy bah nah nah way bah na.

• Locked thread