Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
DISCLAIMER: This is a rabbithole down into the depths of a man that can only be described as the most evil being you will ever still feel pity for. Please do not contact him, if we are ever to contact him we can do it in a civil manner and I'm sure he will be over the moon. The entire time I looked into this it felt like something straight from GBS so even though I don't typically post I felt obligated to do so.

Everyone, meet John Rodgers.

This man publishes a local quarterly paper in Louisville, Kentucky called Hike's Point News. At first glance, it's merely a bad publication. Check the site out here:

https://www.hikespointnews.com

If you dig deeper, though, it gets much, much worse.

He is a former priest who is now a salesman, and he sells a product of his own design. It is a diet supplement he calls Ascension (literally a snake oil salesman):

He sells this, but he also allows people to join his "Hike's Point Women and Mens Program", which is a pyramid scheme where you have a referral number and try to sell as much of the stuff as possible. Please note some of the ingredients are Shark Cartilage and "Devil's Root".

Also on his website, he sells the "Cover Model" spot. It costs only "$2,500.00 to put your image on the cover of Hike's Point News (unless we waive this fee)".

He publishes all of this himself. There is no "we", and I sadly suspect that he waives the fee in exchange for certain...privileges.

Here is an interview featured in the publication - you almost can't believe it isn't satire:

I will leave you now with an entire 140 page issue of the magazine.

http://hikespointnews.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/859575.pdf

There are a lot of local ads, another way this guy schemes money off people, but it includes his own fiction about an America in 2017 that is overrun with gays and has literally become Hell (among countless other great articles, the newest issue features "Has Anyone Ever Shot At You With a Gun?"). I can't seem to find the latest issue, where he removes the table of contents "to provide more content, you'll find the stories anyway" and runs a dating ad for himself on the cover page. I will scan it if there is interest.

Oiled and Ready fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Feb 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

A scholar who owns his own successful small business and he's single? Im very interested. Whats his thoughts on MsM and muscle worship

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
in a shocking turn of events a priest becomes a sort of scam artist :smuggo:

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I sure do know a lot more about David Owner of Fern Creek Transmission than I did before

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'd like 3 minutes with that "model"

So I can show her how to take a better pose

*Photo by John Rogers

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Howard Beale posted:

I sure do know a lot more about David Owner of Fern Creek Transmission than I did before

Why doesn't he dream in color? I suspect David may be a liar. I need a follow up.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I'm glad he's moved on since the Jump to Conclusions mat.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

He looks like he should be some corrupt mayor for a podunk Southern town.

Two Piece
Jul 30, 2011

~*wonk*~
That interview is so hard hitting, really going for the tough questions. I bet David was loving choking on that pie.

No idea why the gently caress he brought a wrench to a dinner though.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
id like 45 seconds with that model

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Apply the pie.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

DISCLAIMER: It is dangerous to consume too much John Rodgers in one sitting. Please take a 10 minute break every 60 minutes for your own health.

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

Oiled and Ready posted:

DISCLAIMER: It is dangerous to consume too much John Rodgers in one sitting. Please take a 10 minute break every 60 minutes for your own health.

Is this suppose to be his version of "Obama's America"?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
For a moment I thought he was the My Pillow guy.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
vote my family for best family of prostitutes 2018

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

I think this is just another ad, the interview format is an attempt at humor.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

he has such sights to show you :cenobite:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
He's no Alex Jones that's for sure

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the base of the washington monument doesn't really have steps. unless they signed it inside the monument, but that seems weird.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
theoretically if this guy is getting sex once a month from those cover "models" after several years that could add up to an unfathomable number of sexes

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Psygnosis posted:

Is this suppose to be his version of "Obama's America"?

It's another John Titor story, just without the time travel stuff that made it sort of interesting.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
hang on, who was it who conquered america exactly

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Clipperton posted:

hang on, who was it who conquered america exactly

I think it's a "Choose your own boogeyman" story - federal government, Russia, China, etc. etc.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
the gays

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Oiled and Ready posted:

Goatstein posted:

King Hussein Obama I, flanked by his bodyguards, stepped out of his blinged Limoscalade and marched up the gold-lined marble steps of Washington Palace. It should have been a glorious day, yet under his heavy yet exquisite crown of carved human fetus-ivory his brow was ridged deeply as he silently brooded. Still, his posse, boomboxes on their shoulders, dance-walked up the steps, chains and gats jangling over the din as they grabbed their crotches.

As his trusted associates T-Von and Mook-Mook the Bushman pushed open the grand organic farm-grown cruelty-free redwood doors paid for by his 95% tax rate, he stepped into the antechamber of the gold-domed palace. Outside, ShariaVentalism reigned, but in here his word was law, and all his white teen sex slaves cowered before his glare more than even the hemp whips of their latte-drinking tweeded atheist masters.

He walked down the hallway toward his office and a prisoner in chains passed before him, lead by two turban-wearing Mexicans. He spotted the King and began shouting curses.

"You loving fascist! I knew it! I knew it! I told them, but they wouldn't listen, that your health care platform was a slippery slope to all this! You won't get away with this! The will of the Free Market will not be denied!"
"Seelenceo een the prezence of the Keeng, preesoner!"

King Obama spotted a chance to improve his ill mood.

"Bring him here. Good. Give me his file." The king looked over the prisoner's dossier. A long list of crimes against the state, and a repeat offender.
"You'll never get away with this! Never!"
"Hush now, Mr. Jack. We have ways of dealing with unruly sorts such as yourself."
"Praise be to Allah, seenyor."
"Peh! I spit at your torture! The Free Market gives me strength!"
"Oh, no, not anything as gauche as that."

The King grabbed a syringe from the outstretched hand of one of his nearby breakdancing bodyguards, and plunged it into the man's helpless neck.

"Now you are immune to rubella."

Kyle's lingering, echoing screams of tormented horror brought a slight smile like a crack in Obama's stony brown face as he walked into his lavish velvet-lined office and shut the door behind him. He motioned for his bodyguards to leave the room, and he addressed the giant screens hanging over his desk.

"Screen one on. Connect to Emperor bin Laden of Eurabia. Screen two: Hugo Chavez of the U.S.S.A.R.. Screen three: The High Elder of Zion."

The three figures appeared live via satelite.

"Gentlemen," began Obama darkly, "it's time to have...a conversation."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Give Pat a Job posted:

I'm glad he's moved on since the Jump to Conclusions mat.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
reading that "america 2017" story was honestly a pretty sexually arousing experience for me

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Math Debater posted:

reading that "america 2017" story was honestly a pretty sexually arousing experience for me
ahh hey!! youre that guy!! ffrom that video!!!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Gonna go ahead and get on page 1 for when this thread goes places

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Math Debater posted:

Amrerica*

I think John got a little aroused while writing it too. He seems to get a little sidetracked trying to figure out who's family would make the best prostitutes. Fun fact: he is divorced with two young daughters.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

post the whole thing

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

post the whole thing

I would but I can't remember anything to google the rest up with

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

I took Ascension and now my piss turns blue

thanks Ascension

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
thanks for telling us

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Used cars and joint treatment, all under one roof!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
this profoundly ugly and retarded man has changed my life forever

• Locked thread