Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Like literally only a penny less but how the gently caress do you advertise it as a bundle deal when it costs less to buy it separate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
IS THIS THE GAMES FORUM OP

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
time is money op
*does some business deals*

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
new unreal tournament is coming out soon :hellyeah:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Volume posted:

Like literally only a penny less but how the gently caress do you advertise it as a bundle deal when it costs less to buy it separate?

They know that most people buying this stuff don't actually look at the price or have any good sense when it comes to money. Otherwise there would be no market for those overpriced collector's editions where you just get a lovely statue or something.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Kimmalah posted:

They know that most people buying this stuff don't actually look at the price or have any good sense when it comes to money. Otherwise there would be no market for those overpriced collector's editions where you just get a lovely statue or something.

I happen to love my Dead or Alive statues very much, thank you.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
op is a bundle of sticks

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

BigBoss posted:

I happen to love my Dead or Alive statues very much, thank you.

I guess it's fine if you can afford it, but I've known people who are barely getting by but oh man they've got to spend $150 on that completely ordinary version of the game that comes with this badass statue (that will sit on a shelf forever after).

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I got Dying Light for $20 because Gamestop hosed up

I dont have a PS4 tho so it's a moot point.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i was going to buy this but $60 is an outrageous price for a game

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Kimmalah posted:

I guess it's fine if you can afford it, but I've known people who are barely getting by but oh man they've got to spend $150 on that completely ordinary version of the game that comes with this badass statue (that will sit on a shelf forever after).

So worth it

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
wanna be that orca

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

BigBoss posted:

So worth it

Those tits look awfully stationary so doesn't seem worth it to the typical DoA player. :raise:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

quakster posted:

wanna be that orca

Why? You're already a whale.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Frog Act posted:

i was going to buy this but $60 is an outrageous price for a game

That's what I'm saying. Also how do they charge 60 bucks for a download of the game. WHere's the savings being passed along since they don't have to pay for shipping/plastic cases/booklets/and discs. It shoudl not be full priced

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
What the hell is a statue for if it's not to sit around on a shelf forever?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Captain Candiru posted:

What the hell is a statue for if it's not to sit around on a shelf forever?

It's an investment.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Volume posted:

That's what I'm saying. Also how do they charge 60 bucks for a download of the game. WHere's the savings being passed along since they don't have to pay for shipping/plastic cases/booklets/and discs. It shoudl not be full priced

If you want big discounts I would recommend a Song of Gaben and Steam Sales.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

steam sales have made it so i wont spend more than $20 on a videogame. its fine because steam sales give you plenty of opportunities to get whatever you want at that price

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Kimmalah posted:

It's an investment.

How muchs it go for on the resale market? What'd a pawn shop give ya for it?

Frog Act posted:

steam sales have made it so i wont spend more than $20 on a videogame. its fine because steam sales give you plenty of opportunities to get whatever you want at that price

Sounds like you have what we call 'impulse control'

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Frog Act posted:

Steam also actually provides big discounts for digital distribution, assuming you are ok with waiting a year or two for a big sale.

:wth:

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

My Imaginary GF posted:

Nerds love spending money on dumb poo poo
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dead-or-Alive-Xtreme-2-Hitomi-Artfx-Statue-1-6-PVC-Figure-/121561647626?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4da38a0a

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

Frog Act posted:

the benefits of steam sales are far from what id call impulse control

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

BigBoss posted:

So worth it

Must be brand new because it is remarkably clean of dried semen.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

lol if you think I've ever bought one of those things. I just imagine it's a similar mindset to people who stocked up on comic books or beanie babies as an investment.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Steam needs to integrate dynamic pricing with real-time big-data analytics. 'I see you just charged $230 to your card for an anime statue off ebay. Congratulations! You've unlocked the Anime Lover token, all prices on games produced in Japan are doubled for you!'

Kimmalah posted:

lol if you think I've ever bought one of those things. I just imagine it's a similar mindset to people who stocked up on comic books or beanie babies as an investment.

Woah now, I stocked up on beanie babies because the girls at gradeschool thought they were cute.

I sold my inventory to some crazy lady for far more than my parents paid for them. It was a very good learning lesson for kid me.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

My Imaginary GF posted:

Steam needs to integrate dynamic pricing with real-time big-data analytics. 'I see you just charged $230 to your card for an anime statue off ebay. Congratulations! You've unlocked the Anime Lover token, all prices on games produced in Japan are doubled for you!'

Well Steam sort of does do it through things like the TF2 hat obsession.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

My Imaginary GF posted:

Why? You're already a whale.

Nice

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

etalian posted:

Well Steam sort of does do it through things like the TF2 hat obsession.

Could you elaborate?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

My Imaginary GF posted:

Could you elaborate?

Basically clever Gaben decided to do a asset bubble experiment by including winnable accessories for TF2.

Nerds naturally got obsessed with in-game items that give a slight boost and would be really to pay real world money for video game hats.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
We laugh but when that limited edition gears of war lifesize replica gun goes for $10,000 on antiques roadshow their grandkids will appreciate it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Also certain games forum mods got a meltdown when people challenged them over the sense of paying big bucks for TF2 hats.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Dying Light is the best game I've played in months, it's worth every penny OP

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

I want to believe you but people said the samething about Diablo 3, Destiny, and Evil within. I regretted buying all of those

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
orcas aren't real whales

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

a bone to pick posted:

Game is fun as hell. It's not perfect by any means but it's minor flaws do not take away from an otherwise good game.

My complaint is it's easy to get distracted and just gently caress around. I've gotten stoned, forgotten what I was going and just spent hours drop kicking zombies into flaming pools of gasoline

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i heard it has annoying boss fights and timed missions and thsoe things make me quit games. ill buy it when it's $20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dying Light loving sucks and is tedious bullshit.

• Locked thread