Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
You could continue the bloodline of Dio and have the game start with Samson taking over the farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
I'm seconding Pubert as a good farmer name.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I've narrowed down the choices of what HM games I'd actually want to LP next down to three: Animal Parade, Story of Seasons, and Rune Factory 4. I've set up a strawpoll to see which folks would most want to see, and RF4 is near-unanimous as of now. I'm open to doing another twofer thread though so don't sweat if you'd rather have one of the other two.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
This is a bit late, but I had an amusing encounter at the grocery store about a week ago:

Bought one of these and just cooked it, was boring about preparation (just microwaved it) so no picture of the finished product.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
If you do make another HM/RF LP I'll probably watch it!

If it turns out to be RF4 then I suggest Rube, because somehow the main protags of RF games always get suckered into working at the farm.

Also you could call the farm Goldberg

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I'm already well into recording both RF4 and Story of Seasons. You'll see who got named what. I'll post here when the new thread is up, but until then, both LPs have been archived:
http://lparchive.org/Harvest-Moon-Hero-of-Leaf-Valley/
http://lparchive.org/Harvest-Moon-Tale-of-Two-Towns/

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

ThornBrain posted:

I'm already well into recording both RF4 and Story of Seasons. You'll see who got named what. I'll post here when the new thread is up, but until then, both LPs have been archived:
http://lparchive.org/Harvest-Moon-Hero-of-Leaf-Valley/
http://lparchive.org/Harvest-Moon-Tale-of-Two-Towns/

Oh well, hope it's not more JoJo, though I enjoyed these LPs a lot in spite of that.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
So between me starting recording on the next LPs and now, four people voted for Animal Parade, putting it just ahead of Story of Seasons. So now I'm in a weird box of kinda wanting to record it but running low on external hard drive space.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

ThornBrain posted:

So between me starting recording on the next LPs and now, four people voted for Animal Parade, putting it just ahead of Story of Seasons. So now I'm in a weird box of kinda wanting to record it but running low on external hard drive space.

Clearly, the answer is more gigabytes.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Torlon posted:

You want the name of a farmer? How about a rattling farmer? You must continue the adventures of Pubert!

Pubert's Retirement village.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Last couple things before I close this thread:

1)

KieranWalker posted:

Clearly, the answer is more gigabytes.
Pretty much. I've ordered a second external with 4TB to stuff my extensive LP archive (and all these TV shows and movies I'm not watching) into and free up space for more footage. I'm going to record Animal Parade at some point and, if not LP it at the same time, have that sequestered for later use. Maybe I'll have another megathread of sorts. A medithread...?

2) I show off Story of Seasons' online mode when it unlocks, but the community is only a trickle at this point. If anyone in the North American/NTSC region has the game and wants to help make things easier for me, my friend code is 3007-8369-6454. It's not cheating when the game has no point! :v:

• Locked thread