Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
really, really want to play a battefield mmofps in the vein of toy commander. gotta capture the bathtub guys, so shoot botttle rockets from the RC blimp for CAS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Told Two Times
Feb 13, 2014

by Smythe
I was number one in the entire motherfucking world with a grenade launcher in BF2 for the longest time. My name was CleverName and I instilled madness and despair into the hearts of thousands on the 24/7 warlord server. I had a way better K/D ratio and less time played than anybody that was close to me on the ladder. Tremble before my mad noob tube skills! They nerfed the grenade launcher but I was such a loving surgeon with that motherfucker I kept using it. That's when I climbed the ladder to the top! I would always switch teams to insurgents at the beginning of the round too, the terrorists almost always won on that map.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Arkanomen posted:

Strike on Karkand
ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED
ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED
ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED
ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED
ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

SD87 posted:

Bad company 2 is the best forever

BF2 and BF4 own but BC2 will likely never be topped. So much fun and the goon server(s) were always full of good competition. Who was the dude who used to record his beer squirts in the bathroom and then play them back over teamspeak?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i used the thompson and garand in bc2 exclusively

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

in BF vietnam you get two choppers and two PT boats and you duel in mid air like 1960's air pirates

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

toggle posted:

i used the thompson and garand in bc2 exclusively
i always use M14 because it was the poo poo in rainbow 6: raven shield

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Xaris posted:

I think it was just :dice: is loving terrible and either listened to idiots or didn't pay attention. BC2 was great because it struck a pretty good balance of time to kill, mobility, vehicle vs inf vs air, and had really loving cool destruction. like no video game has quite accomplished the feeling of FUCKYEAH as you roll a tank through the smoking remains of village thats been completely demolished as far as the eye could see after intense fighting. Or trapping a building with c4 and taking out a whole squad as it collapses on them. there was just so many crazy hijynx that could ensue with it, so clearly DICE didn't like that and slowly neutered it from BF3/4 and took it out nearly entirely in Hardline for some reason.

There wasn't prone, and, run n gunning and generally being carefully aggressive was well rewarded. classes all full-filled a nice niche and complemented each other fairly well. there were no skygod jets, vehicles were often fairly rare but powerful and fairly well balanced vs infantry vs air. You didn't often find yourself being dominated by a single vehicle/copter squad, nor did you feel like you were papermache as a vehicle. also the unlock system was simple and you didn't feel overwhelmed with 5023942348923 different attachments to unlock.

also carl gustav :getin:

I miss BC2.

lol like, have you played BF4?

Like, this is a pretty disingenuous argument about this series as BC1 and BC2 are the only games in the series that play like that and all of the "hijinks" stuff you mention was created long before those games released.

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 8, 2015

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

i love 42 but basically got fed up with the series because of vietnam and 2's punkbuster issues.

best mod was battlefield pirates though

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I was going to say which battlefield games were the best ones and then I realized they're all really really fun except Battlefield 3 which sucked a truckload of donkey dicks. All the wacky poo poo in BF2 Special Forces holds a special place in my heart though. Please bring back grappling hooks in all your games :dice:

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

BF:V was great cause you could roll through a warzone on a scooter blasting Surfin Bird

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
I really liked 2142, but got into it right about the time that no one played it anymore, so there were only about 2 servers that were never filled and the epicness was kind of gone.

Played the original BF when it was free or whatever on battlelog a while ago. Can't really do worse than that.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Warren Zevon posted:

I really liked 2142, but got into it right about the time that no one played it anymore, so there were only about 2 servers that were never filled and the epicness was kind of gone.

Played the original BF when it was free or whatever on battlelog a while ago. Can't really do worse than that.
i like 2142 also.

drat BF games were good.

stopped after BC2 though. just dont play video games much any more. except owning scrubs at CSGO

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
2142 was awesome except for the fact that the Voss SMG was completely and utterly OP. That horseshit made me so mad and every loving idiot scrub used it exclusively.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ghetto wormhole posted:

2142 was awesome except for the fact that the Voss SMG was completely and utterly OP. That horseshit made me so mad and every loving idiot scrub used it exclusively.
the baur was my go to.

i loved the ability to blow up grenade bullets above or beside enemies taking cover when you dialed in the range just right

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
I didn't really understand what was going on, and had been playing Delta Force Xtreeme for the better part of a year.

Lesson learned.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Hardline is a turd except it has cool reload animations now

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
did battlefield ever have a custom map community? if so did they ever make any rats maps

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
edit: didn't mean to post that as a new reply

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 8, 2015

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
the hotwire mode of hardline is fun. Not sure why it's a full priced game and not just a BF4 DLC. The good news is that it will be like 20 bux in three months. 5 if you wait for a flash sale. (Titanfall, I'm looking at you)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i have a 260 nvidia i dont think it will like BF4 very much

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
gently caress you nigga, all about vietnam

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
Vietnam was a sham war and you know it.

SHAM WAR!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

bad company 2 was the best, yall are faggots

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Hardline is a turd except it has cool reload animations now

in the land of destiny, the subpar BF is king

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Blue Raider posted:

elf man is correct

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

numberoneposter posted:

i have a 260 nvidia i dont think it will like BF4 very much

2008 called and wants its videocard back

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Having played BC and BC2, what make them fun is the more relaxed atmosphere to the game. If anyone hasn't played the first BC ( :pcgaming: ), Rush was literally about renegade soldiers and the MCOMs were replaced with safes filled with gold. If you don't believe me, here's the first Bad Company's menu theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4uWbhTXTHg

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Bad company 2 was the best of all of them.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

EAB posted:

The best being Bad Company 2 :parrot:

exactly

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Playing bad company 2 with goons was the best times I ever had playing a battle field game.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

:dice: needs to bring back the chamber music instead of that lovely electronic poo poo they had for bf3 and 4.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I never played Bad Company or the titles beyond it, but I have fond memories of being kicked from servers after laying waste to entire enemy teams with walkers in 2142. A cadre of engineers milled around my feet and supply crates rained from the sky as I vomited an endless stream of cannon fire and missiles into the other team's spawn, lazily-dodging incoming AT fire and laughing off their ill-fated attempts at rushing me with jihad jeeps and cloaked recons.

Also the balanced gunships and air transports were a loving breath of fresh air after the unstoppable skygods of BF2.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

TontoCorazon posted:

:dice: needs to bring back the chamber music instead of that lovely electronic poo poo they had for bf3 and 4.

BF:V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0acN2v6aIc

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Blue Raider posted:

"Pack it up! Pack it up! It's Miller Time!"

it's really very good

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Athropos posted:

2008 called and wants its videocard back
its actually a 285 now that i checked but i cooked my 480 something by overcloking it to death and it was what i had lying around

im looking at the 600 series right now. my CPU is an Intel Quad Q9550 that i have had for YEARS with great cooling and overclocked to 3.4 GHZ. rest of my rig is solid. all the ram. SSHD. huge main HD.

it is a good day to die. crank dat poo poo up.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Feb 8, 2015

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i once saw sparks fly out of the back of my video card

OG OC gamer right here

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I must say BF4 feels right to me. When I am griefed it feel less like a balance issue and more like an aimbot issue. The only major balance problems I see are the painfully slow c4 trigger response times and those god damned dual repair gun little birds. I laid 4 consecutive IGLA rockets into one last night and still didn't bring it down. That's hosed. Also I guess some maps are pretty one sided with AA, I feel like it should be all or nothing.

I am shocked how often Golmud Railway turns into a really good battle. The wide open layout seems like it should turn into a skygod slaughterfest, but it also almost breaks things into separate sky/armor/infantry battles.

I was late to the game with BC2 so I always felt way outgunned. The kit upgrades, especially with the constant XP boosts in battlepacks mean you can grind out a kit in a week and I never really feel left behind.

We should talk kit preferences. I fuckin' love playing Recon with a Carbine and just spamming spawn beacons as we plow through cap points. It owns.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

always take the most C4 you can fit.

fond memories of playing spec-ops and shutting down roads.

drat i gotta get BF4 and a new video card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

always take the most C4 you can fit.

fond memories of playing spec-ops and shutting down roads.

drat i gotta get BF4 and a new video card.

All the pros play on minimum quality anyway. Can't let the ambient environment effects like smoke/snow/dust clog up your kill cam.

• Locked thread