Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

:siren: Season two is premiering on February 15, 2016!!!!! :siren: old poo poo below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGsC_LO3oFY

So, Better Call Saul is premiering tomorrow, which is February 8th 2015, at 10/9c, on AMC.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Just a heads up: this is a 2 night season premiere. First episode premieres tonight at 10/9c, and the second episode premieres tomorrow night at 10/9c.

The first episode is titled "Uno" and the second is "Mijo".

Better Call Saul has received rave reviews including some saying it is as good if not better than Breaking Bad and it currently has a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Yes, there will be cameos of other characters from Breaking Bad.

This is a bad op and if someone makes a better one I will close this thread!! looks like this is the op we're stickin with folks

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Here's a spoilery overview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O56TuYQb_cs

Myall
Jan 9, 2010

I was excited to learn that if you're in UK and Europe, Netflix will be picking up each episode after it airs in the US. If you're in the US or Canada, it won't be on Netflix until the end of Season 1.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Really can't wait for this. I was worried last year or whenever when Vince Gilligan said it wasn't going to be a straight-up comedy since that seemed like the best route for the show, playing to Odenkirk's strengths while also letting be its own thing separate from Breaking Bad, but all the positive buzz has me being really eager for it.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Wisdom Suppository posted:

I was excited to learn that if you're in UK and Europe, Netflix will be picking up each episode after it airs in the US. If you're in the US or Canada, it won't be on Netflix until the end of Season 1.

Not good with time zones, anyone know if it'll be up by tommorow morning UK?

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Doakes posted:

If it's anything like Breaking Bad's final episodes were then it'll be up by morning.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Doakes posted:

I get Top Gear around 4 pm EST, so take whatever time that airs over there and add about 7 hours. So yeah probably in time for your morning crumpets.

The buzz and previews for this have me surprisingly not unenthusiastic. When this show was announced I was pretty sure it would be desperate garbage after AMC's only good show, and Mad Men, went off the air, but maybe not.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just a heads up: this is a 2 night season premiere. First episode premieres tonight at 10/9c, and the second episode premieres tomorrow night at 10/9c.

The first episode is titled "Uno" and the second is "Mijo".

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Doakes posted:

10pm est is 3am gmt, so yes

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I was pretty skeptical about the premise when they first started talking about it right after BB ended, but so far I'm hearing it gets pretty dark in places. Sounds like instead of Mr. Chips transforming into Scarface, it's McGill transforming into Goodman. With the outstanding writing/directing that went into BB I'm cautiously optimistic. Plus Mike is back woooooo.

edit: Should we start trying to guess the last scene of the final episode already? A goofy looking man with a baseball cap on sits down in his office, and coughs.

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
VINCE GILLIGAN

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 9, 2015

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Takes No Damage posted:

edit: Should we start trying to guess the last scene of the final episode already? A goofy looking man with a baseball cap on sits down in his office, and coughs.

Apparently the first scene of the show is Saul serving cinnabons in his new life after the end of BB. I wonder if they'll try to take us through the BB story from Saul's perspective to that point (which seems like it'd be really difficult) or, like you said, Walt showing up and beginning Sauls part in BB.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I haven't seen but maybe the first three episodes of Breaking Bad but from what I've seen on youtube I like this character. Spoilers are entirely irrelevant to me, but will I need to have finished the series first to get the most out of this?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Frostwerks posted:

I haven't seen but maybe the first three episodes of Breaking Bad but from what I've seen on youtube I like this character. Spoilers are entirely irrelevant to me, but will I need to have finished the series first to get the most out of this?

Do you need to finish the series featuring a prominent character which this new series bases it's entire existence on? Probably, yeah

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Frostwerks posted:

It would definitely help, knowing where the character ends up will no doubt change your perception of him in this show. I also can't imagine they won't be throwing in a bunch of wink-nudge references and injokes for BB fans.

Having said that, I think Gilligan is a strong enough writer that BB knowledge won't be required to enjoy the show, but would be a nice enhancement. Saul probably changes the least over the course of BB so once you're familiar with his character of 'slimy lawyer / comic relief' that should be enough going into things.

JustTheWorst
Sep 14, 2008

Filled with delicious shrimp!

Frostwerks posted:

... will I need to have finished the series first to get the most out of this?

In that 'A Look at the Series' video posted above they kind of say both yes and no. Vince Gilligan says he doesn't think you have to have seen BB to enjoy it, and Peter Gould says that there's a lot of things that hardcore fans are really going to enjoy. I'm sure it'll be able to stand on it's own, but there's probably going to be things that don't mean anything to you not having seen BB.

Edit: Look who can't type very fast. It's me.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Is this show by the same people who did Breaking Bad? Like, are the episodes produced by a similar team?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

a cop posted:

Is this show by the same people who did Breaking Bad? Like, are the episodes produced by a similar team?

It's almost everyone involved

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

It's almost everyone involved

It's gonna be loving great then.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
HELLO CLEVELANDALBUQUERQUE

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
Is that the Ink Spots?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Oh god Ink Spots this was secretly the Fallout Show I always wanted!!

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
This is starting like an episode of Louie

brotherly
Aug 20, 2014

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED
already the best show on tv

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

I'm so excited

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Frostwerks posted:

Watch Breaking Bad dude

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm so hungry

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I hope Gene got to keep some of his money.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
lmfao of course he works at a Cinnabon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh god Ink Spots this was secretly the Fallout Show I always wanted!!

With the black and white, it totally felt like that.

So this is what happened to Saul after he left Albuquerque.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Dude at the end there recognizes him :ohdear:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Fake out!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This cinematography is awesome so far.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

Yeah. Already awesome.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
lovely job, kinda awesome house.

Though sitting with back to the door? Not smart.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
The first episode is just 50 minutes of him watching TV.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
I could watch this for an hour

Mandy Thompson
Dec 26, 2014

by zen death robot

GonSmithe posted:

lmfao of course he works at a Cinnabon.

That's hilarious, in Omaha just like he said he would

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

twistedmentat posted:

He looks like he went back in time.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

GamingHyena posted:

Not gonna lie I'd be ok with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

GamingHyena posted:

Would watch.

Oooh what's in the hidey hole?

• Locked thread