Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
i actually only shower once every other day during winter, but I have naturally dry skin and use tons of expensive colognes and my mom hasn't said anything about my stench yet so . . . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
please at least rinse your front-butt 4-5x per week

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

a messed up horse posted:

please at least rinse your front-butt 4-5x per week

the last wipe I use fabric softner

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Tsinava posted:

This thread reminds me of the time I got into an argument with a juggalo who insisted that not washing your hair was good because keeping your hair oily was healthy.

wanna know what else is healthy?

...smoking meth.

WHOOP WHOOP

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
its good to smell like a dumpster full of cat food

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
washing your hair too often will strip it of important healthy oils. Source:
My stylist who does/did the hair of really awsome people like Axel Rose back in 1988

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
i sometimes use the oil from my hair and use it as cooking oil when i cook food for my guests.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uldt6Y-CE3s

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Glasgow Kiss posted:

i sometimes use the oil from my hair and use it as cooking oil when i cook food for my guests.

reduce your carbon footprint with this one weird tip

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
If you'd actually wash your body with a relative frequency you can easily get away with not using shampoo or conditioner. It end's up being even healthier because the outer layers of your body are actually a bad thing to strip away, but like any loving mammal on this planet the human body requires constant grooming, and at the very least being capable of taking a daily shower with hot water is gotta be responsible for saving like 10 lives per 1,000 a year.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

lookit this clean rear end monkey

you think he'd feel guilty about getting a rim-job right about now?

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
nobody cares about your lame rear end metrosexual cosmopolitan hygiene regiment, just loving bathe ok

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Red Suit posted:

In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion

this is legit

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Feb 8, 2015

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
i'm a male stripper. my clients love when i have a little natural musk

SurfinArbiter
Jul 3, 2013

Y
o
u

f
o
u
n
d

m
e

heh
can we see if we can make a 16 page thread saying that you should definitely shower daily?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
humans are the most complex biological organisms ever known. it would be silly, if not stupid, to assume everyone needs to follow the same grooming habits and rules

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
ban everyone that doesn't wash themselves

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

An Ounce of Gold posted:

ban everyone that doesn't wash themselves

im glad you care more about cleaning yourself to impress the local starbucks barista instead of considering starving and dehydrated children in third world countries.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Poetic Justice posted:

humans are the most complex biological organisms ever known. it would be silly, if not stupid, to assume everyone needs to follow the same grooming habits and rules

The roman empire used lead pipes for centuries, and we'd probably be on alpha centauri by now if they didn't, but if you didn't want to take a hot shower in those bath houses you're probably a terribly boring person.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Rapman the Cook posted:

HERES MY EXCUSE FOR BEING A DISGUSTING PIECE OF poo poo

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Unless you're homeless, living in a third world slum, or physically or mentally disabled, there's no excuse not to shower daily. I shower at least once and sometimes twice daily and always shampoo because I'm not a filthy bum.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

you can write whatever you like about why you don't shower but the fact of the matter is that personal cleanliness isn't that important to you

you can back it but with whatever second hand internet bullshit you've read but in reality you're just stinky and lazy and you don't care about it

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
if you shower once a day you worse then great big dog who dances in rain only to smell it's own rear end

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

16 pages. 16 pages justifying why they should not wash their bodies

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
24 hours isn't some magic period of time before which you won't start to smell. Even if you're an unattractive loser who doesn't do a full daily workout, you should be showering at least twice a day.

If you don't, you DO smell. Trust me.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

FluffyDice posted:

How do you sick fucks even make it though a day with your testicles feeling like you've dipped them in oil?

Didn't read past the only true post ITT

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im gonna ride my bike all day tomrrow and then email my stink to your inbox the next day

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Showering every day is just too risky. It's just one more chance to fall into the tub, and then the nurse has to get the fire department to hoist you out and all that poo poo. I'm sticking to once a month until disability approves my waterproof Rascal.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Cnut the Great posted:

24 hours isn't some magic period of time before which you won't start to smell. Even if you're an unattractive loser who doesn't do a full daily workout, you should be showering at least twice a day.

If you don't, you DO smell. Trust me.

24 hours is some sorta magical time limit that once that happens you start to stink. THIS IS NOT TRUE. Most women actually appreciate a man who has a scent not marred by cosmetics and corporations. No wonder you guys aren't getting laid.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

just imagine the stink of the seat of their chair from not washing. they're not moving. crust. ingrained crust in the carpet fibres

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

i decided to renounce my filthy ways. i now take 365 day showers. a year long shower.

-posted from my shower

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Poetic Justice posted:

back when SA had tons of traffic and was the premier site of the internet, it was a good idea to make a bunch of subforums for individual specific genre topics. Now I think they should mostly be merged back into GBS

srsly SA has like 45-75 subforums and I haven't gone in 98% of them

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Didn't read past the only true post ITT

i hope that's hyperbole because your testicles really shouldn't feel like you dipped them in oil, even if you skipped a shower that day (which is bad)

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
like that' sreally gross and i dont' think that's normal

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
:350: and a bubble bath

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tiny Lowtax posted:

srsly SA has like 45-75 subforums and I haven't gone in 98% of them

I go in all the subforums. You're a little bitch.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i still havnt taken a shower yet thread

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

SHISHKABOB posted:

I go in all the subforums. You're a little bitch.

what the hell man that's not cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The only times I haven't showered were also the times I didn't have access to running water. Even then I still wiped myself down with a cloth and baby wipes. Also mentholated gold bond on the balls and feet keeps 'em nice and fresh when a shower isn't possible. This is something I did in the mountains, please don't actually do this to stay clean, ya dirty rear end goons.

Poetic Justice posted:

im glad you care more about cleaning yourself to impress the local starbucks barista instead of considering starving and dehydrated children in third world countries.

water use from showering is minimal at worst. if someone is actually avoiding showers to save water then loving :laffo:

• Locked thread