Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Car alarms are to city living what frogs and crickets are to honest living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE5Ck4sjII0

Daimo posted:

Car alarms are like nukes, they only work if everyone has them.
nukes work great when 1 entity has them and pretty good a completely different way when 2 distinct sides have them but when everyone has them

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

gggiiimmmppp posted:

just the chance of succeeding

guns make suicide easy, without them you have to be able to tie a knot or steal the right drugs from your grandma or drive to a tall enough bridge and idiots just can't get that poo poo right

if you're black, suicide by cop is a pretty darn viable option too

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

thathonkey posted:

You sound like a severe rear end in a top hat

Come try stealing my car and I will make you a new one.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Three Olives posted:

Do they even make cars without car alarms anymore?

Lol those manufacturer equipped ones are poo poo.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I have the best car alarm. It's called a manual transmission, and someone broke into my car and failed to steal it once lmao.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Demonachizer posted:

Come try stealing my car and I will make you a new one.

nobody wants your car dumbass :thumbsup:

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

thathonkey posted:

nobody wants your car dumbass :thumbsup:

Well I technically have two. A charger srt hellcat and an escalade esv platinum. I think they are pretty desirable. I would kill someone without remorse if they tried stealing one.

Don't mess with Texas you liberal human being.

Demonachizer fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 9, 2015

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
the best thing about car alarms is when they start to wear down the battery and they start sounding slower and slower and then finally do a half honk every other minute and then the entire car battery is dead and the owner the next day cant start the fuckin thing

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Three Olives posted:

Do they even make cars without car alarms anymore?

i'm with three olives on this one for once

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Demonachizer posted:

Well I technically have two. A charger srt hellcat and an escalade esv platinum. I think they are pretty desirable. I would kill someone without remorse if they tried stealing one.

sell them both imo

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

no one wants to steal your hyundai

i left my VW unlocked for years and once only once someone went in and found out that all my discs were burned copies of motley crue, ac/dc and metallica albums.

fun fact: my key from my VW would open other VW car doors of the same era, but it would not start them.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
When I lived in a black ghetto for a while I left my jeep unlocked because it had a soft top that people could cut their way into. I'd rather they just open the door.

Only problem I had was bums reclining the seat to take naps and stealing change from my cupholder.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

sorry your 1987 toyota tercel doesnt have an alarm op

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

Horniest Manticore posted:

if he had a gun, the car alarm wouldn't have happened

or one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeWXGy8Uack

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
some cars chastise you. it's really cute. I once had a female sports car angrily tell me to back away. Pretty awesome imo.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Nathilus posted:

some cars chastise you. it's really cute. I once had a female sports car angrily tell me to back away. Pretty awesome imo.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

quote:

I Was Tampered With (shout)

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Here people have alarms on their lovely electric scooters. Super annoying since these are the most sensitive alarms, and also completely useless. Oh no, somebody might want to steal my "HOUDA" electric scooter which is being kept together by duct tape.

*truck drives past*
*50 scooters go AIUUUUUAIUUUUAIUUUU"
*nobody goes out to turn their alarm off*

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

The one I brushed against walking by didn't scream for help. :( I would have been ecstatic and entertained for hours. And I can buy one of those for 70 bucks?! Can you still buy those?!? Because hot drat.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I accidentally set off the car alarm in my neighbors 1970 GTO By leaning into the window to grab my phone on the seat. i almost had a heart attack because who the gently caress would think a car that old would have one

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I don't lock my car, at this point it's worth more if someone steals it AND impetus to finally purchase a new one.

Anyhow, I don't want to know the last time anyone have a gently caress about car alarms but what about the first time? They must've come around in my lifetime and I don't remember any point where society was like "oh dear a car is being accessed illegally someone contact the local constabulary post haste."

joxxuh
May 20, 2011

Imagine getting into a car crash with that thing installed. Just lying there bleeding to death while your car shouts "I was tampered with" on a infinite loop.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

joxxuh posted:

Imagine getting into a car crash with that thing installed. Just lying there bleeding to death while your car shouts "I was tampered with" on a infinite loop.

In that case hopefully Please Help Me (scream) loops instead

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Can it shout 'RAPE' if someone shoves 3 pounds of Play-Doh up the tailpipe?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I had my car alarm modded so that it sounds like an hysterically crying baby (only amplified several hundred times). I also upped the sensitivity of the vibration sensor so even the tiniest jostle will set it off and it doesn't stop until I turn it off personally.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Demonachizer posted:

Lol. Those hellcats are p sweet though.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Philthy posted:

the best thing about car alarms is when they start to wear down the battery and they start sounding slower and slower and then finally do a half honk every other minute and then the entire car battery is dead and the owner the next day cant start the fuckin thing

yeah, that does own

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
Car alarms are supposed to be more of like a HEY LOOK AT THIS FUCKIN CAR EVERYBODY like when a waitress drops a tray full of poo poo at a restaurant and everyone turns around and she's all ashamed and wants to kill herself

it's about drawing attention not so you can somersault out a window and dispense justice with your katana

fuckin goons i swear

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

my car alarm has a fuel pump shut-off so when everyone ignores the alarm you still cant drive teh car. i figured out something cheaper, though: sell the car and buy a car with a manual transmission.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

also if you are breaking into my car to steal some poo poo enjoy the 6 year old box of raisinets i guess?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Cool car alarm story: I lived next to Fenway Park and was walking out my door when I saw 3 F-15's or whatever flying directly at me at a very low altitude - I assume they did a flyover of the park - and then they went straight up and you could see the cherry coal of their engines and then a boom came down and every single car on the street with an alarm went off. It was crazy.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

fyodor posted:

also if you are breaking into my car to steal some poo poo enjoy the 6 year old box of raisinets i guess?

Gross

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

so i have to beat the poo poo out of my car to set the threshold. great

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

joxxuh posted:

lol

fearlessflyingfish
Dec 24, 2014

Did you seriously pack drugs and candy for dinner?

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

Car alarms are supposed to be more of like a HEY LOOK AT THIS FUCKIN CAR EVERYBODY like when a waitress drops a tray full of poo poo at a restaurant and everyone turns around and she's all ashamed and wants to kill herself

it's about drawing attention not so you can somersault out a window and dispense justice with your katana

fuckin goons i swear

Nah man, that car alarm is just the opening note in the symphony of rage that I've been composing in my imagination...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

joxxuh posted:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

thathonkey posted:

You sound like a severe rear end in a top hat

Haha yeah we shouldnt kill criminals or attempt to prevent theft thru murder... why dont you gently caress of you liberal shitstain

Drfishback
Nov 5, 2009
Preemptive car alarms seem better,dude lookin shady?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Torquemada posted:

Can it shout 'RAPE' if someone shoves 3 pounds of Play-Doh up the tailpipe?

(scream)

• Locked thread