Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
it doesn't deter theft at all and only serves to annoy the poo poo out of everyone in earshot. i think we've found something truly indefensible here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

THE PENETRATOR posted:

actually op, it notifies me if my car is being broken into, so that i can stop the theft myself, you dumb mother fucker

and what're you gonna do about it, huh?

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

if he had a gun, the car alarm wouldn't have happened

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Torquemada posted:

But if the alarm doesn't wake me in the night how would i know which car to key? Also no tough guy has a loving car alarm.

Three Olives posted:

Do they even make cars without car alarms anymore?

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

gggiiimmmppp posted:

just the chance of succeeding

guns make suicide easy, without them you have to be able to tie a knot or steal the right drugs from your grandma or drive to a tall enough bridge and idiots just can't get that poo poo right

if you're black, suicide by cop is a pretty darn viable option too

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Philthy posted:

the best thing about car alarms is when they start to wear down the battery and they start sounding slower and slower and then finally do a half honk every other minute and then the entire car battery is dead and the owner the next day cant start the fuckin thing

yeah, that does own

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

HEY VAPER posted:

itt goons not understanding that the whole point of a car alarm is so that potential car thieves will see it and move on to case some other car. A little blinking red LED or a window sticker works just as well though, so car alarms are p dumb unless combined with a dead switch of some sort.

right, so people who actually use car alarms are just assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
of course, car alarms made this possible, so there is a little silver lining to them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YDUi0PashY

• Locked thread