Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

does the film start when he's born and end at 12? i bet the film ends when he finally becomes semen capable and then spunks all over the camera and screams "finally after 12 years i loving did it!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
I watched it, or walked out after 2/3 I forget, then WATCHED IT AGAIN having forgotten that I'd seen it. After 40 minutes I realized what I'd done. Didn't make it all the way through the second time, either. What a snorefest.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Twelve. Years.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

I'm gonna be really glad when Birdman beats it for Best Movie.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Oberleutnant posted:

Twelve. Years.
i've been jerkin' off for longer than that but nobody gave me no awards

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This gimmick's expiration date was Before Sunset, now he's just churning them out like sausages. Talk about flogging a dead horse.

e: I suppose his next movies will be "Before Pre-Dawn" and "Young Adulthood".

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I want to see this just because it's a grand experiment. Like how Russian Ark was shot in one 90 minute take or The Fall was made in a dozen countries over four years out of the director's pocket. Even if the film isn't great, it's refreshing compared to $200 million pissed away on tepid melodrama.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Egbert Souse posted:

I want to see this just because it's a grand experiment. Like how Russian Ark was shot in one 90 minute take or The Fall was made in a dozen countries over four years out of the director's pocket. Even if the film isn't great, it's refreshing compared to $200 million pissed away on tepid melodrama.

lol gay

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

krampster2 posted:

does the film start when he's born and end at 12? i bet the film ends when he finally becomes semen capable and then spunks all over the camera and screams "finally after 12 years i loving did it!!"

Yup, this is the last scene
'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zDpSf5CL28

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Egbert Souse posted:

there's also Timecode which is multiple cameras one take, and also gives a bunch of the actors nothing to do for minutes at a time

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
it's okay if something is lovely as long as it's different

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That sucks I only watch movies that took 13 years to make or longer

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Nefarious posted:

it's okay if something is lovely as long as it's different

ah, welcome to my movie collection

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

matrix ripoff posted:

ah, welcome to my movie collection

"hmm, ah yes The Room, a fine vintage. Did you know the director Tommy Wiseau shot this on Film and Digital?"

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

bernie is a good linklater movie

Fun fact: the real Bernie Tiede lives in Richard Linklater's garage. For real.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
don't talk poo poo about The Room you loving plebeian

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Doflamingo posted:

I'm gonna be really glad when Birdman beats it for Best Movie.

Birdman legit owned

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Birdhood, starring Ethan Hawke as Michael Keaton's estranged daughter.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Egbert Souse posted:

it's loving bad though

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Egbert Souse posted:

$200 million pissed away on tepid melodrama.

Jupiter Ascending was a better movie on every level, even when it comes to time investment gimmicks because an action scene that Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis spent every day for six months shooting represents a bigger and more complicated investment of time than calling up that bored teenager and C-list actor you shot half a movie with ten years ago and asking them to hang out for a week

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Sleeveless posted:

Jupiter Ascending was a better movie on every level, even when it comes to time investment gimmicks because an action scene that Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis spent every day for six months shooting represents a bigger and more complicated investment of time than calling up that bored teenager and C-list actor you shot half a movie with ten years ago and asking them to hang out for a week

It looks ok and knowing the Wachowskis, it is at least something they believe in. I'm referring more to films that are nothing more than a product, rather than a work of art. Even Ed Wood made movies with a heartfelt message, regardless of quality. Billions of dollars are spent on movies that serve no purpose other than a revenue stream. Not that it's bad to make money, but there is nothing wrong with making good films.

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Feb 13, 2015

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
The Boyhood is kinda like The Machinist. The Machinist is an OK movie that nobody would care about if Christian Bale didn't look like a skeleton in it.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Alan Smithee posted:

"hmm, ah yes The Room, a fine vintage. Did you know the director Tommy Wiseau shot this on Film and Digital?"

jesus you're mean

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Highly Unnecessary posted:

it took 12 years to make

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

beautifully shot but a pretty weird movie with an anticlimatic ending. the girl is adorable though

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Would be legitimately more interesting if it was 12 years following a kid with actual problems instead of the most whitebread boring life imaginable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Goonhood. Follows a goon who joined the forums in 2000 all the way until 2013. (more years is better)

• Locked thread