Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks Obamacare!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
you never get sick ever right

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Can't afford to get sick, can't afford to stay healty, it's almost like this poo poo was rigged so private corporations take your money and if you don't give it to them then the government takes your money

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

nobody is saying insurance isnt hosed in the USA, but if you cant afford $32 a month for insurance then youre so badly off why even care about paying the fine at all? like it sounds like you have much worse problems than getting in trouble once a year

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You go ahead and owe the government money. Lets see how easy that is for you

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
is this a private chat or can other ppl post in this thread too?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

universal weed care NOW

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

this whole world is like a debtors prison

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I am gay

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Hey your sacrifice so that millions of people poorer than you can get medicare won't be forgotten *stifles a laugh* you are doing the right thing *bites lip* for a better, healthier America

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
One president had a dream to give millions of hard working americans affordable healthcare and a bunch of lobbyists stood up to proclaim "Only if it lines my pockets!"

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
The American Healthcare system is a turd. Obamacare is that same turd but with strawberry sprinkles.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
president obama rubs his hands together gleefully

"heh heh heh now that I have mandate I will institute the most communoliberal gay healthcare plane imaginable- A REPUBLICAN PLAN FROM THE 90S"

*booming evil laughter is heard, facist kenyan lightning streaks across the sky*

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Volume posted:

You go ahead and owe the government money. Lets see how easy that is for you

Its better than owing someone else money. If you can't afford the $32 a month you have bigger problems. I have crippling debt (real debt, not the $325 fine a year youre somehow whining about) and I manage to get by, with poor money management skills at that.

quote:

The IRS will hold back the amount of the fee from any future tax refunds. There are no liens, levies, or criminal penalties for failing to pay the fee.

you literally dont even get in trouble lol. so skip out on the bill, just like you do when you have when you go to the ER for your boo boo and get a $17000 bill for 5 stitches and an IV bag

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
this is why its so important not to pay taxes

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

1gnoirents posted:

If you can't afford the $32 a month you have bigger problems.

No disagreement there yet some how the governement sees that and is all "Well have another problem ontop of it"

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

ok so we have this problem it's that healthcare is really expensive and not everyone has access to affordable care

so what we'll do is we'll force everyone to buy it

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

1gnoirents posted:

nobody is saying insurance isnt hosed in the USA, but if you cant afford $32 a month for insurance then youre so badly off why even care about paying the fine at all? like it sounds like you have much worse problems than getting in trouble once a year

lol if you only get charged $32. as a firmly middle class rear end in a top hat i got quoted over $400 a month for obamacare and don't qualify for subsidies

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
that's right america- the very plan MITT ROMNEY IMPLEMENTED AS GOVERNOR... ON A NATIONAL SCALE!!!

*Toccata and Fugue in D Minor is heard*

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
In theory that should work as it spreads the risk around to healthier individuals. In practice, more money for me, gently caress you.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Tuxedo Gin posted:

lol if you only get charged $32. as a firmly middle class rear end in a top hat i got quoted over $400 a month for obamacare and don't qualify for subsidies

gently caress youi

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Germany also forces everyone to buy health insurance for the record, its not a US only thing. But their system has more subsidies for the poors and less bloat overall and after that point i dont know any more things

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
*waving glowstick* obaaaaama obaaaaama

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Tuxedo Gin posted:

that sucks dude. sounds like you're better off paying the fine since you were cruising along without insurance anyways right?

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

Tautologicus posted:

Germany also forces everyone to buy health insurance for the record, its not a US only thing. But their system has more subsidies for the poors and less bloat overall and after that point i dont know any more things

yeah and germany had nazis so USA is basically nazis

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tautologicus posted:

Germany is a country full of soulless, dead-eyed krauts capable of imagining nothing except the next morning when they can go back to their job at some incredibly utilitarian and efficient factory so the fact that they have deece bureaucracy isnt surprising

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
our system is a huge piece of poo poo compared to any other 1st world country

it's loving embarrassing

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Monkey Fracas posted:

that's right america- the very plan MITT ROMNEY IMPLEMENTED AS GOVERNOR... ON A NATIONAL SCALE!!!

*Toccata and Fugue in D Minor is heard*

Im a big fan of MassHealth, i don't have to pay poo poo and i get fast quality healthcare. But I go to the VA anyway for most stuff. Rocks knowing i'll be covered for life no matter what i do, from either source, unless i make the big bucks somehow and then ill get a big buck plan. I inwardly lol at the completely uninsured.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
This thread is like one of those movies where the intro drops you into the middle of a tense situation with no context, followed by the caption "six months earlier . . ."

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I wish debtor's prison were still an actual thing.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Give Pat a Job posted:

Go work in Dubai and live very unsustainably and make your dreams come true

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Tautologicus posted:

Go work in Dubai and live very unsustainably and make your dreams come true

Not for me, for all the loving poors I have to listen to bitching about how their credit won't allow them to buy a car.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
well now listen healthcare isn't a right, ya gotta earn it!

oh gently caress you've got cancer, hope you did a lot of earning buddy

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Give Pat a Job posted:

Yeah the healthcare there would better and more affordable for your average citizen.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

1gnoirents posted:

that sucks dude. sounds like you're better off paying the fine since you were cruising along without insurance anyways right?

yeah i just paid the fine for last year and i'll just stop declaring/paying taxes on my contract income so now i qualify for subsidies because i'm a poor. just signed up for obamacare and it only cost $2 a month. the system works. thanks obama.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Tuxedo Gin posted:

yeah i just paid the fine for last year and i'll just stop declaring/paying taxes on my contract income so now i qualify for subsidies because i'm a poor. just signed up for obamacare and it only cost $2 a month. the system works. thanks obama.

This sounds like a good plan that could not possibly ever backfire on you.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Give Pat a Job posted:

Debtor's prison don't really work though. How is someone supposed to work to pay off a debt when they're in prison?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
its supposed to reduce costs longterm by making preventative care affordable but doesnt do that at all so instead when preventable thing strikes you theres a cap on how much debt they can give you a year so youll owe 5000 instead of practically infinity

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
lousy obama who literally wrote the affordable healthcare act all 974 pages :argh: http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf

i dont know why that pdf is hosted on housedocs.house.gov when it should be on whitehouse.gov or the website of one of obamas muslim communist czars

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

obama must have a lot of time on his hands if he wrote all that

maybe he should spend some of that time.......being.........a good president

take that obama

• Locked thread