Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Look bitch, provide a link or something if you think I'm going to even give half a gently caress because I'm such a mature adult that I have no idea what kind of baby bitch boy poo poo you're talking about.

e. OP OP OP OP OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Machai posted:

lol why is this game $60?

this is a shocking question

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
i'll never understand multiplayer games. i game to get away from people, not get closer to them.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
looks fun

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
op is a corporate shill and has strategically made this thread so people check out the game and buy it anyway

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES
op don't take this the wrong way but... maybe YOU look dumb as gently caress

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

i paid full price for spore

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Machai posted:

lol why is this game $60?

But it comes with $15 of DLC if you pre-order can't you see the value?!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

FogHelmut posted:

Brutally loving destroyed.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

FogHelmut posted:

:chloe:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Ramsus posted:

op is a corporate shill and has strategically made this thread so people check out the game and buy it anyway

Its all about getting the name out and have people on social media talking about it

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
The only game that any real man should care about that is coming out is Killing Floor 2.

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

a hole-y ghost posted:

you're not supposed to be able to see him are you?

You could change the game to DirectX 7 or use some console command to have him show up clearly lol

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Ramsus posted:

The only game that any real man should care about that is coming out is Killing Floor 2.

is this a slaughter house simulator? i want to virtually make cuts of beef.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
they made left 4 dead but forgot that l4d was never taken seriously as an esports thing, was miserable when actually depending on people, and was the most fun when loving around spamming voice commands and mowing down fodder before everything went sideways and you left your teammates to die horrible deaths

so they decide to make a game that hinges on specific roles and teamwork with no room for error

tl:dr wait a year and get it for free

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
This game's matchmaking servers are gonna be a wasteland by month two. Don't buy it at full price. Hell, don't buy it period.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
60bux and day 1 dlc with new monster priced at 15bux and 2 new hunters at 7.50 each

man i can't wait to not buy any of it!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
from what ive seen of the game either the hunters kill the monster immediately before he gets a chance to do anything or the monster gets to level 3 and just slaughters everyone. either way its boring as gently caress

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
haven't had fun with a be-the-monsters game since avp2 multiplayer

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

All I know about Evolve is *not actual gameplay footage*

FogHelmut posted:

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

This game isn't giant citizen kubuto so it's already a bad game from the get go

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

http://www.p4rgaming.com/take-two-ceo-says-evolve-dlc-wouldnt-exist-if-people-would-just-pay-120-dollars-upfront/

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

lmfao this is great

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Somebody misses the early 90's.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

i forget this exists and then once a year someone posts a link to this site and for ten seconds i'm totally loving fooled

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

“It’s all about perception,” explained Zelnick, “Players refuse to pay 135 dollars for Evolve because they are used to the relatively cheap 60 dollar base price of games today. I personally believe 140 dollars is a bargain for what you’re getting. Need I remind players that they get to play as three different types of monsters in the game without DLC. That alone would retail for over 90 dollars in today’s market, but we’re giving it to players for 60.”

“I would buy this game for 150 dollars easily,” said Turtle Rock co-founder Phil Robb, “And that’s coming from a logical standpoint. If only people took a few seconds just to think about the value of each of the game’s components, maybe we wouldn’t be having this conversation. It’s sad to see so many people refusing to use their brain and convince themselves that this game is worth all this money.”

come on...

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
you guys think its a joke but it's not that far from what the devs actually said

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
Wait so you guys don't want to spend $450/month for 3 games?

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Wait for this to be $5

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

people actually can't justify paying $5 for l4d2 when it's on sale yet this dev thinks their under performing rip off is worth $135. This really says a lot about the state of games

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

i told the site that i was born on january 1st in 1894 and it loving WORKED

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

1stGear posted:

No multiplayer-only game has ever been worth $60.

Remember Odin Sphere? Some lovely 2D side scrolling game that looked like it was developed for the super Nintendo in 2008. Yeah lets charge full price for that like it's a Triple A block buster game

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
lmao

Kim Jong-un Convinces Gamers to Move to North Korea, Claims He Has a Copy of The Last Guardian

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Volume posted:

Remember Odin Sphere? Some lovely 2D side scrolling game that looked like it was developed for the super Nintendo in 2008. Yeah lets charge full price for that like it's a Triple A block buster game

odin sphere was pretty fun except for the fact that you needed to do a poo poo-ton of level grinding after you "beat" the game if you wanted to beat all the final bosses.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
pc games that use matchmaking instead of server browsers where people can put up fully moddable custom games suck

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Liquid Penguins posted:

Wait for this to be $5

oh my god is this piece of poo poo seriously adding pay for power stuff for a game that already costs sixty bucks or are those just all cosmetic

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Carol Pizzamom posted:

oh my god is this piece of poo poo seriously adding pay for power stuff for a game that already costs sixty bucks or are those just all cosmetic

you have to pay for a monster (free if you PRE-ORDER OH BOY). they're also making a bunch of paid-DLC hunters that totally wont be more powerful and fun to play than the base game hunters, we promise.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
lol hook line and sinker

See, its all about perception, guys

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

CharlestonJew posted:

you have to pay for a monster (free if you PRE-ORDER OH BOY). they're also making a bunch of paid-DLC hunters that totally wont be more powerful and fun to play than the base game hunters, we promise.

That's the worst, I would hate this kind of stuff even if I were a billionaire. It makes games feel cheap and boring, also it fucks with game design since you have all kinds of incentives to do stupid things that aren't "make a good product"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
if I were a billionaire I'd just make my own monsters and pay people to try to kill them while I flew around in a helicopter

• Locked thread