Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Flat Daddy posted:

look at this idiot.

obviously if they jump over the mat i'll just keep buying more over and over again to cover a larger area

can i sell you some shockproof shoes for when you have the whole floor covered and your cats just jump onto the counter directly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i bought a little plastic can with a rounded bottom and a lid so i can throw food scraps in it

seattle will fine me otherwise

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

turns out, that's not the same tim tyler

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
got my keyboard! kids were excited to open package at door: they then learned it was a key board.. they were not as excited. looks good. very solid. feel very nice to type on. yet to sit down and have a good solid type on it though [doing this post in the shitter, haven't taken a poo poo since like Saturday it's a bit of an ordeal ] kinda disconcerting with the lack of markings on keys but it's like, I do know them but unlike with markings it forces u to use your instinct and yeah it works! won't trust myself making passwords on it though! heheh. pics
soon maybe

it has a dual USB cord which was surprising and slightly disappointing, one for hub and one got keyboard. it's coz u can plug keyboard into ps2 with supplied adapter for nkey roll ever I can't believe normal USB 2 can't do that or is it just the basic key Baird protocol can't? anyway I need another USB extension and the the USB hub will be fired up

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

turns out, that's not the same tim tyler

well, ol tim needs to make more videos

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

featuring my wife's hands and my old keyb

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

echinopsis posted:

got my keyboard! kids were excited to open package at door: they then learned it was a key board.. they were not as excited. looks good. very solid. feel very nice to type on. yet to sit down and have a good solid type on it though [doing this post in the shitter, haven't taken a poo poo since like Saturday it's a bit of an ordeal ] kinda disconcerting with the lack of markings on keys but it's like, I do know them but unlike with markings it forces u to use your instinct and yeah it works! won't trust myself making passwords on it though! heheh. pics
soon maybe

it has a dual USB cord which was surprising and slightly disappointing, one for hub and one got keyboard. it's coz u can plug keyboard into ps2 with supplied adapter for nkey roll ever I can't believe normal USB 2 can't do that or is it just the basic key Baird protocol can't? anyway I need another USB extension and the the USB hub will be fired up

its just that the basic keyboard protocol can't do more than 8 keys + modifiers. and everything uses that, for compatibility

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

echinopsis posted:

nice wifey hands. grats

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

bobbilljim posted:

can i sell you some shockproof shoes for when you have the whole floor covered and your cats just jump onto the counter directly

nigga u dont know my layout

& if this fails i'll move on to other kinds of traps. there are plenty of other elements to choose from

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
heh now this is a meta post.. i am typing on the keyboard, right noe! this post in fact is typoed on the new jkeybarod! i feels nice. i still typo but i can now only blame mytself and not infoeroir hardware, i cant wait to get dfuckin destroyed and tyupoe on it beacsuer as we akk jbniw tyopubg us exouicallky bvetter wghen youre fuced up

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that was some shameful typo poo poo even by my standards jesus christ.

its so satisfying when you do one of thise words where you hit three keys in a bing bang row.. drat,. the click click lcik is fuickin erotic. jhesus

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

echinopsis posted:

that was some shameful typo poo poo even by my standards jesus christ.

its so satisfying when you do one of thise words where you hit three keys in a bing bang row.. drat,. the click click lcik is fuickin erotic. jhesus

Yea

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I also actually just bought a bunch of kratom because I used it to wean myself off addiction to much more serious drugs and now I'm addicted to it instead :sigh:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a lesser addiction is exactly that... lesser

i see people all the time who quit smoking and are on patches now indefintely. its miles better. dont beat yourself up

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

i used to get apple keyboards b.c they hve a great feel and are quiet but i got tired of spending 70 dollars on them so i looked around and it turns out the cheapest logitech "business keyboard k280" feels very similar and is simple and nice lookin and i like it in general very much.

good news op: they are free with the purchase of an apple desktop :)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol free

and your 5k retina imac was free with your purhcase of your large box it came in

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

echinopsis posted:

Wowie! You're old keyboard is so old that all the letters got wiped off from overuse!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I found a big stack of old PS/2 Dell QuietKey's in the back room and now me and the other devs use those and despite being like a decade and a half old they work better than any of the modern dell keyboards and make that satisfying clicketyclack

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I bought some new sneakers :)

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

a 401(k)

:(

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Space-Pope posted:

my headphone recommendation: samson sr850

still going great for a few years now

and yeah that is a 1/4" plug but it literally unscrews off to reveal a 3.5mm connector
im 99.9% positive that these are just rebranded akg k240s

which is what I have and they fuckin ooooooowwwwnnnnn (though you really need a good headphone amp)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

echinopsis posted:

a lesser addiction is exactly that... lesser

i see people all the time who quit smoking and are on patches now indefintely. its miles better. dont beat yourself up

thanks friend :unsmith:

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
nobody loving cares hth

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

colbylol posted:

nobody loving cares hth

I do

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:unsmith:

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

qirex posted:

I bought some new sneakers :)
which ones youre sneaker game is pretty on point

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
monte blanc sneakers

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
because monte blanc are the rolex of sneakers

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

I also actually just bought a bunch of kratom because I used it to wean myself off addiction to much more serious drugs and now I'm addicted to it instead :sigh:

MY NIGGA HAVE U TRIED LSD?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Widdiful posted:

they also spent £40 on an open world zombie survival game so this is very true

came here to post my purchase of dying light as well

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Squinty Applebottom posted:

i would love this hoodie cause I'm a sucker for asymmetrical designs but i can't justify it :(

http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/us/alexandermcqueen/zip-up_cod37653376vs.html

yeah same considered purchasing just to say i did

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jonad posted:

MY NIGGA HAVE U TRIED LSD?

Oddly enough LSD was the only drug I ever did in large quantities that didn't impact my life negatively, never missed class / work because of it, never had any medical problems (that I know of anyway), it was always real nice.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I think it takes a bit of toll on the body short-term - always felt like absolute poo poo the next day - but its ego loss powers are magic and it is a Good Molecule.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
of course classical psychedelics are the only drugs one should every consider using and even then don't coz they illegal but from a health/life [not legal] POV they're the only drugs which can overall enhance yor life and be enlightening

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
i preordered the new 3dsxl monster hunter edition

look forward to finding out about the even newer better 3ds sku that nintendo will inevitably announce like a month or so from now

also couple of new ssds so i can banish spinning media from my pc whenever i can be bothered to swap stuff out

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

got a couple of these in the post, they turned out to be really good if you like loose leaf tea

http://www.dx.com/p/neje-zj0062-1-creative-tilt-tea-cup-black-367718#.VNpt04bfWK0

I thought they'd have been nicer in ceramic than plastic-y, but with this material they don't get more than nicely hand-warming even with near-boil water poured in.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
yesterday i purchased a grande soy tiramisu frappuccino from starbucks WITH CREAM

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

bobbilljim posted:

yesterday i purchased a grande soy tiramisu frappuccino from starbucks WITH CREAM

those are so good, try them with extra caramel next time.

to die for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Charmin ultra soft due to my chrohns and also IBS QQ

• Locked thread