Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theadder
Dec 30, 2011

whats the appeal i never look at the keyboard ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a) kinda cool

and b) i realise i look enough, not to see where letters are but where my hands are in general. there are like 3 or 4 keys to the right of most letters. that poo poo fucks poo poo up

i mean i could

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,toprekeys

keyboard guy does some for mine in weird colours but no cmd or option

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

get all orange ones

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

echinopsis posted:

when i was young like 12 or 14 boxer shorts were "cool" but i didnt like the feel so i used to wear normal undies under boxers and my dad told me kids would find out and ridicule me for wearning dual layered underwear

i guess thank god no one found out. i have kept that secrete for like 19 years

You should not store your underwear secretions for 19 years op hth

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I'm an exofficio boxer briefs underwear man. They're super comfy and make me feel like I'm wearing nothing at all. *last three words echo multiple times*

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I bought a queen size ~*~MEMORY FOAM~*~ mattress from bed in a box. It's beastly.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i bought some blue buffalo dog food yesterday

i don't think they make it from real blue buffalos though

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
[The buffola dog food]: I just blue myself!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cold on a Cob posted:

good choice

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Cold on a Cob posted:

animal by product meal??? *shakes head disapprovingly*

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I bought some beats bluetooth over-ear headphones and I like them very much. I tried Harmon-kardons, bose, and some other type and I have no loving idea who they modeled the ear cups on but after like 2 hours I couldn't even wear them and had to return them. I know I paid for the name but gently caress it, no wires rules, and they are comfy. I'm no audiophile so they sound fine to me.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I just purchased a cheap weather radio that was on sale because it's not peak weather season here. I feel good about doing this because when it is peak weather season our peak weather in Florida tends to be fuckoff tons of lightning, tornadoes and hurricanes. This one also warns in case of nuclear attack, so that's good to have.

I just made my family safer through clearance items, what did YOU do today :colbert:

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I bought some beats bluetooth over-ear headphones and I like them very much. I tried Harmon-kardons, bose, and some other type and I have no loving idea who they modeled the ear cups on but after like 2 hours I couldn't even wear them and had to return them. I know I paid for the name but gently caress it, no wires rules, and they are comfy. I'm no audiophile so they sound fine to me.

with headphones comfort is the most important

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I also learned that quote is not edit today.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

colbylol posted:

with headphones comfort is the most important

I have learned this the hard way. All the others I tried were $100-$150 less but sucked to wear for any length of time.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

theadder posted:

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,toprekeys

keyboard guy does some for mine in weird colours but no cmd or option

do u have topre keyboard those things sound elite

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I have an old pair of planttoics headset mic with big cushy cans idk and I like em a lot gonna qq when they die

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

I just purchased a cheap weather radio that was on sale because it's not peak weather season here. I feel good about doing this because when it is peak weather season our peak weather in Florida tends to be fuckoff tons of lightning, tornadoes and hurricanes. This one also warns in case of nuclear attack, so that's good to have.

I just made my family safer through clearance items, what did YOU do today :colbert:

i hope u got one that lets u pick which alerts u get. otherwise goongratz on getting woke up at 4AM for a flash flood warning

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

PuTTY riot posted:

our queen is fine but a king isn't much more expensive and also if my wife goes to bed before I do she somehow is able to position herself so that there's no room for me at all

quoting this from waaaay back in the thread to say that wives, much like gases, can expand to fill the entire container / bed no matter the size

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

bobbilljim posted:

quoting this from waaaay back in the thread to say that wives, much like gases, can expand to fill the entire container / bed no matter the size

I have a 9lb dog, every morning I'm the one on the edge of the bed :moostery:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

nice

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

do u have topre keyboard those things sound elite

i do ya u might say it suits 50% of my input needs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is it amazing to type word is some like it better than cherrys

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

heh i bought these. not what i really wanted but cheap and already in nz

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nyan cat song just started playing in my head

i.....i like it

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
does stuff from China make it down to nZ quickly or no

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

echinopsis posted:

heh i bought these. not what i really wanted but cheap and already in nz

why would you buy a keyboard with no characters printed on the keys and then buy keys with characters on them and put them on the keyboard

also why are you using what seems to be a cameraphone from 2006 or a webcam from 2002

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

PuTTY riot posted:

sometimes days, sometimes months

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Beeftweeter posted:

why would you buy a keyboard with no characters printed on the keys and then buy keys with characters on them and put them on the keyboard

also why are you using what seems to be a cameraphone from 2006 or a webcam from 2002

new zealand, new zealand, New Zealand, NEW ZEALAND!

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Squinty Applebottom posted:

i would love this hoodie cause I'm a sucker for asymmetrical designs but i can't justify it :(

http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/us/alexandermcqueen/zip-up_cod37653376vs.html

is this a pun

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Jonny 290 posted:

nyan cat song just started playing in my head

i.....i like it

I've got shine on you crazy diamond, here

though that's not the right song

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Jonny 290 posted:

oh yeah makes sense

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
peter jackson's dead-alive looks like a 1950s period piece, but thats just modern day new zealand

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

echinopsis posted:

hehe i ordered a das keyboard ultimate (blank keys) clicky edition on same day I should get it tonight it's not the 4 I think it's 3 it doesn't have volume knob an now I wanna buy WASD brand colours keys

what color clicky did you get? by color i mean the MX blue,brown, red, etc. i'm getting a bonus soon and i've been wanting to spend some money on htis stuff but i've never owned a modern clicky keyboard before. recommendations? im a grandmaster level coder by day/gamer by night, btw

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

what color clicky did you get? by color i mean the MX blue,brown, red, etc. i'm getting a bonus soon and i've been wanting to spend some money on htis stuff but i've never owned a modern clicky keyboard before. recommendations? im a grandmaster level coder by day/gamer by night, btw

blues

recommendations : see the shsc keyboard thread or r/mechanicalkeyboards is a good resource

PuTTY riot posted:

3 to 5 weeks with that budget are china post

Beeftweeter posted:

that's not my photo

why? ideally I don't want characters but I wanted colour so I compromised. the ideal set of keys would set me back $90 I don't need that in my life yet

plus no one else in the family appreciates the black keys

Jonny 290 posted:

the Arkansas of the south

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

start a dedicated keyboard thread. its been at least a week

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i got really obsessed with chairs for like 3 days

i've been mostly sitting in my bed and on my couch working, or in this decrepit thing that was in the apartment when i moved in. or stealing my partner's chair for the ~8 hours they're at work.

anyway i went from casual chair person to learned chair enthusiast and really wanted a very particular model only available in Japan, of course ( just kidding but Rakuten was one option).

then i looked on the site of the office place down the road and in a moment of clarity decided to just buy a $160 chair with most of the features I wanted:

mesh, head-rest... that's about it.

somehow it still took 2 days to get because the inventory on their website is wrong and they were too busy to answer their phone each of the 5 times i called to confirm it was in stock. but it's better than the ~2 weeks and $180+ in shipping i'd pay for the other one.

it doesn't totally suck. it's way more plastic (both in feeling and smell) than it looked in the pictures. i had to remove and reattach the back because it was way crooked somehow and will probably do it again to straighten it the other way. the headrest is far from exactly where i need it, but better than nothing. you can only lock the recline level in one of like 3 places, though too.

main thing is i can sit in it for an hour (or more) with no discomfort and my posture seems to be getting back to normal.

it's all i need for a few weeks or months till i feel like ordering the Raynor ubermnech chair i want. then i'll give this to my partner or something. no buyers remorse here at all for $160 so.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

echinopsis posted:

start a dedicated keyboard thread. its been at least a week

there was one and i brutally owned the op so hard that one is never coming back

and lol i caught up on this thread today and seeing you go from "can't wait for my keyboard" to "can't type on my keybjoard" to "i need stickers for my keyboard" is really funny

i think luddite nerds have keyboards all wrong. in no study of usability or productivity have i seen "more travel == more work == better performance".

i feel like on the macbook keyboard you have just enough travel to know you're registering a button press and not much more. shaves off valuable milliseconds.

the thing that really increased my typing speed was getting into software writing. i'm not sure why... maybe because in english you're writing so many complex words and sentences that the muscle memory just can't keep up, but when you write nothing but " if or while for and require include " etc, etc you can focus on learning to hammer out that small vernacular really, really fast, then when you go to write real people words it turns out the muscle memory is all basically there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i visited an office last year that had a bunch of those (i think) and they were office depot specials or something and surprisingly decent

• Locked thread