Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
t:mad: u Daeno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I'd like to participate but I'm a lovely two-star, whatever that rank is called. Is there anyone else participating that's at my level of play, or should I just not bother so that I don't weaken one team considerably?

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Ernie. posted:

I'd like to participate but I'm a lovely two-star, whatever that rank is called. Is there anyone else participating that's at my level of play, or should I just not bother so that I don't weaken one team considerably?

Everyone is terrible.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

If I'm a lovely Silver, may I still enter for laughs?

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Necc0 posted:

t:mad: u Daeno

Just creatin' some rivalries off the bat.

A request, if you will. That we allow Mr. Pink to play in this tournament so I can draft him into my team (if I am a captain)

I wish to create the ultimate heel team. :bahgawd:

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Ernie. posted:

We're taking any and all goons. The biggest goal is fun M I RITE.

Already at 21 people so the turn out is gonna be high. Any suggestions on what to do if we land on an uneven number? Also I know that we have a few regulars that aren't goons. Anyone able to reach out to them?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'll enter.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
everybody who isn't funny (read: all of you) stop doing joke edits on the spreadsheet lol

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I've had my thing edited like 5 times now.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Goons + public spreadsheets is like watching cancer develop in realtime

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I would love to do a tournament but it would depend a lot on when the matches are scheduled and how they are spaced.

Not sure if it would be doable, but a mini league would also be cool. Like 8 players per team, each team would play once or twice a week and then a playoff.

Edit: Might want to change the google doc to a survey so people don't gently caress with it

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Whoever is running the spreadsheet should probably lock it and add people who post in here. I think this is why it's done that way.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I would love to do a tournament but it would depend a lot on when the matches are scheduled and how they are spaced.

Not sure if it would be doable, but a mini league would also be cool. Like 8 players per team, each team would play once or twice a week and then a playoff.

Edit: Might want to change the google doc to a survey so people don't gently caress with it

With the turnout I'm seeing and a couple of the regulars still missing, it looks like this will have to span over a pretty large margin of time. So your league idea may have to be the way we go.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
It's tempting to take half of my tax return and open crates with it, lmao.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Kwilty posted:

With the turnout I'm seeing and a couple of the regulars still missing, it looks like this will have to span over a pretty large margin of time. So your league idea may have to be the way we go.
Roughly half of the people will likely bail when it comes time to actually play games.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Akumos posted:

Or just buy a knife?

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Is it possible to setup a caster setup/gotv in the pick up game servers? Only a handful of people are in spec to ready up for the next match but I'd imagine more would want to watch a tournament being played rather than a random pick up game.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Akumos posted:

lmao I owe taxes, does this mean I should give the government some sweet csgo skins?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

dy. posted:

Roughly half of the people will likely bail when it comes time to actually play games.

Yeah that was one of the reasons I was thinking a mini league with 8 to 10 people per team might be better.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

I'm gonna leave signups up until Friday to give time to people. From there I'll make a post with everyone's name and the vital information (Obviously Favorite Catchphrase is a must). Then we can decide on how we want to make the teams up.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Dork457 posted:

Is it possible to setup a caster setup/gotv in the pick up game servers? Only a handful of people are in spec to ready up for the next match but I'd imagine more would want to watch a tournament being played rather than a random pick up game.

Didn't King used to shoutcast?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Kwilty posted:

I'm gonna leave signups up until Friday to give time to people. From there I'll make a post with everyone's name and the vital information (Obviously Favorite Catchphrase is a must). Then we can decide on how we want to make the teams up.

Make a thread in pgs

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
You enter your CS name not your SA one, right?

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

bpower posted:

Doesn't matter as long as you have an entry right now. This is primarily to find interest.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Kwilty posted:

Didn't King used to shoutcast?

Yeah he does it sometimes when we MM he's really good at it.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Make a thread in pgs

PGS?

bpower posted:

Doesn't matter. The spreadsheet was made primarily to see how many people we have interested. As long as you can identify yourself to your teamates once the teams are arranged you're all set.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Private Game Servers.

So as far as I can tell, sub.io is the goon server?

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
Minineo also casts

RipDouglas
Oct 18, 2014

My tournament team has a very flexible schedule and is available to dumpster the rest of you for our free skins pretty much anytime.
Probably more likely people will show up and play if they make their own teams with friends. With some random draft I bet most people just don't show when they don't like their team.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
What about us losers with no friends?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Let's make our own teams so we can once and for all prove that Team Canada would utterly dominate you fools.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

RipDouglas posted:

Probably more likely people will show up and play if they make their own teams with friends. With some random draft I bet most people just don't show when they don't like their team.

Thanks to Necco for making a good point, I think after setting up the teams we can have a few weeks for some practicing / scrims that will let us see how teams are. I'm also hoping the idea of getting some kind of prize is enough to keep people interested.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Dork457 posted:

Both of the goon servers already run gotv, so anyone in spec in the actual server can cast

edit:

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Minineo also casts

waters is in mid like a fuckin idiot

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Kwilty posted:

Thanks to Necco for making a good point, I think after setting up the teams we can have a few weeks for some practicing / scrims that will let us see how teams are. I'm also hoping the idea of getting some kind of prize is enough to keep people interested.

I'm sure we can scrape togther some crappy skins at least. I have tons of duplicate stattrak blues worth nothing that I am too lazy to sell on the marketplace or bet with.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
I have skins I can donate I guess

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Could we give our garbage skins to one dude and he can sell/trade them all and get some nice ones for the prizes?

RipDouglas
Oct 18, 2014

My tournament team has a very flexible schedule and is available to dumpster the rest of you for our free skins pretty much anytime.
You could let people sign up in their own pre-made teams and also have a separate area for people trying to form teams/free agents to help them get more teams going. I'd say low chance of this playing out at all with random or some sort of skill averaging drafted teams.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I went through most of the skill column and updated values. I also added a link that shows you where your GPskill on sub.io is (it's http://sub.io/gp_skills/rankings).

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Minineo also casts

And he's great at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

bpower posted:

Could we give our garbage skins to one dude and he can sell/trade them all and get some nice ones for the prizes?

tbh if im giving away garbage skins i dont want to win and have random garbage skins given to me lol

• Locked thread