Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ideal Jeff Jarrett Challenger?
Alberto El Patron
AJ Styles
Bobby Lashley
Tyler Black (Final Battle is after his non-compete is up)
View Results

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
13th Anniversary will not be on live iPPV. On demand immediately after only according to their Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's a good card that looks like it's worth the money, but it's so much tougher for me to buy a show that way since one of the biggest incentives for me is the ability to watch live with other people online since this isn't an interest I share with people in the real world.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

It's a good card that looks like it's worth the money, but it's so much tougher for me to buy a show that way since one of the biggest incentives for me is the ability to watch live with other people online since this isn't an interest I share with people in the real world.

i'm gonna be honest i'll probably buy the ippv but watch a ppv stream while it happens live

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

i'm gonna be honest i'll probably buy the ippv but watch a ppv stream while it happens live

Uh, I think this is like the Toronto show Jay won the title back on rather than the Memphis show or Final Battle and there is no traditional PPV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Thauros posted:

Uh, I think this is like the Toronto show Jay won the title back on rather than the Memphis show or Final Battle and there is no traditional PPV.

There is traditional PPV.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Samoa Joe vs Rey please.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

MassRafTer posted:

I really wish they were using the Armory. That venue is so much easier to get to, holds more people and we'd be getting All Japan, NOAH and New Japan shows in the same venue.

I'm glad they're doing the 2300 arena because its a block from my house and I can just walk there.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jays 4 Life

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Roppongi Vice is going to own!!!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Samoa Joe vs Rey please.
Does ROH have $20k to throw at Rey?

Seems like a lot for a promotion that's not even really trying to expand

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What have ROH's PPV/iPPV buys been like lately? Are they financially strong? Also really really hope the Spike thing comes to pass. Anything that raises the profile of ROH is good by me since ROH is awesome.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What have ROH's PPV/iPPV buys been like lately? Are they financially strong? Also really really hope the Spike thing comes to pass. Anything that raises the profile of ROH is good by me since ROH is awesome.

The first PPV did around 12,000 buys which was above expectations, second PPV was around 8,000 which is just above the break even point. I think that is combined PPV/iPPV numbers. Not sure what the numbers were for the last iPPV only show, I think around 2,000?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Most of ROH's revenue comes from the live gate anyway, right?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Most of ROH's revenue comes from the live gate anyway, right?

Probably although if you combine VOD/iPPV/PPV/DVD that's probably bigger.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Do they do strong business on DVD?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Do they do strong business on DVD?

I am guessing they don't anymore. For a while there it seemed like they were putting out a DVD every week or two, when the Tuesday Rollout was a thing.

Maybe it's just because they feel they ran the well dry on Best Of compilations.

Then again they did recently upgrade the packaging for the DVDs, so if they're putting more money into them they must be getting something back.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

WWE's apparently interested in the Briscoes again.

If the Briscoes, Joe, and Cole all go there their roster is really going to looks sad beyond reDRagon and the NJPW guys that come over occasionally.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

If the Briscoes, Joe, and Cole all go there their roster is really going to looks sad beyond reDRagon and the NJPW guys that come over occasionally.

Oddly I am also hearing the Spike thing might be more serious than Meltzer let on.

I can talk about this more as this is the ROH thread. The Briscoes lost their feud to The Kingdom in Atlanta the previous weekend. Mark put over Moose on the PPV. In the main event of the PPV all 3 other wrestlers got a visual pinfall on Jay which struck me as weird at the time.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

please no

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That would seriously gut the roster, but there is one solution: Moose is coming for that belt!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That would seriously gut the roster, but there is one solution: Moose is coming for that belt!

Moose has another NXT tryout soon.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

But NXT being 2011 ROH sounds appealing.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

TUS posted:

But NXT being 2011 ROH sounds appealing.

It is funny how Davey's the one big name from that period they seem to have absolutely no interest in.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Thauros posted:

It is funny how Davey's the one big name from that period they seem to have absolutely no interest in.

He is 5' nothing and has a huge attitude problem.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I always found it funny that Davey's version of what happened with the WWE actually makes him come off worse than what was widely reported.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I'd be down with Dem Boys in NXT. They've done everything they can in ROH, I'd be interested in seeing them in a new environment.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Give Moose the loving belt. #Moose #Moose #Moose

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

I always found it funny that Davey's version of what happened with the WWE actually makes him come off worse than what was widely reported.

Mind running it down real quick? I'm sure I heard it before but can't find anything.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

triplexpac posted:

I'd be down with Dem Boys in NXT. They've done everything they can in ROH, I'd be interested in seeing them in a new environment.

Mark Briscoe for ROH Champion

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Please don't Bris-go :ohdear:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like WWE. I like the Briscoes. I don't like the Briscoes in WWE. No sir, I don't like it one bit.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

"John and Matt Barstow call that finishing move the G.F.S.F, or Greetings From Sandy Fork in reference to where they come from, JBL."

"look at these guys, MAGGLE, covered in tattoos, its a DISGRACE!"

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
What else is there for the Briscoes on the indies? The only thing I can think of is maybe a run in Japan but they have too many guys as it is.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I like WWE. I like the Briscoes. I don't like the Briscoes in WWE. No sir, I don't like it one bit.

I just want to see them try. Who knows, they could reach such great heights as The Usos!

Really though, I'd even be happy if The Briscoes could have a long run as a midcard comedy tag team. If only to let them stop killing their bodies for a while.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the briscoes could excell at whatever wwe asked them too i just get the impression they will never ask them to do anything

just let Mark loose and he will give you something beautiful

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I don't like the fact that ROH may no longer hold much interest to me if everyone goes over that's rumored to but I can see it working. Charismatic angry drunken rednecks have had some degree of prior success over there after all. Now, I don't see Jay becoming Stone Cold 2.0 mind you but there's reasons for optimism and this is coming from a guy who is much less a fan of the WWE than you are.

The prospect doesn't bother me like the thought of the Bucks or any top native NJPW guy defecting does.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

flashy_mcflash posted:

Mind running it down real quick? I'm sure I heard it before but can't find anything.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thauros posted:

I don't like the fact that ROH may no longer hold much interest to me if everyone goes over that's rumored to but I can see it working. Beer drinking violent redneck is a gimmick that has had some degree of prior success over there after all. Now, I don't see Jay becoming Stone Cold 2.0 mind you but there's reasons for optimism and this is coming from a guy who is much less a fan of the WWE than you are.

The prospect doesn't bother me like the thought of the Bucks or any top native NJPW guy defecting does.

Oh, my problem isn't that The Briscoes wouldn't kill it. It's what it'd do to ROH. This might shock people but I really really like ROH and want it to also succeed and put on cool wrestleshows.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's been a while since I heard the story, but I feel like Davey claimed Triple H said something to the effect of "we've got enough indy guys," and that's why the Wolves weren't signed. You'll note this was long before they signed every indy wrestler on the planet .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

It's been a while since I heard the story, but I feel like Davey claimed Triple H said something to the effect of "we've got enough indy guys," and that's why the Wolves weren't signed. You'll note this was long before they signed every indy wrestler on the planet .

In fairness, I don't know that it was wrong at the time. He seems to have changed his tune based on the success of what they brought in.

• Locked thread