Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Captain americas costume is dumb as gently caress but i think its better when hes not wearing the headgear

They figured out that Thors ridiculous helmet he wears in the comics was a bad idea so they scrapped it for the movies and they should do the same with captain :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

Captain americas costume is dumb as gently caress but i think its better when hes not wearing the headgear

They figured out that Thors ridiculous helmet he wears in the comics was a bad idea so they scrapped it for the movies and they should do the same with captain :911:

I thought CA's costume was supposed to look kinda dumb and cheezy because it was his costume for the USO shows.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Crusader posted:

Marvel and Sony have announced a partnership that will officially bring Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The deal calls for “the new Spider-Man” (as the press release describes him) to first appear in an upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe film – though which film that will be is not named. Spider-Man will then star in his own new film, released by Sony, opening July 28th, 2017, which will be produced by Marvel’s Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal, who just stepped down as co-chairman of Sony.
Translation, Sony hosed up the last Spider-Man reboot so they're begging Marvel to help them make some cash.

burritolingus posted:

Hope Marvel does... everything, so we get a good Spiderman.

Also

FogHelmut posted:

superheros should only wear various shades of tactical black leather

Thats what DC seems to think which is part of the reason their cinematic universe is doing so well.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Batman: The Brave and the Bold taught us how superheroes really ought to be handled.

We need a comeback of Silver Age goofiness on the big screen, especially for Wonder Woman.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Android Bicyclist posted:

Considering they decided to use Black Panther in Spidey's role in Civil War

How the gently caress does this work? Panther is the leader of a foreign nation and not subject to American law.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Alucard Nacirema posted:

This is the greatest day in American history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4BH8p2hkqw

i cry evry time

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Batman: The Brave and the Bold taught us how superheroes really ought to be handled.

We need a comeback of Silver Age goofiness on the big screen, especially for Wonder Woman.

yeah

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The Wonder Woman sequences at the beginning of Scorn of the Star Sapphire and in Triumvirate of Terror were probably the best/most fun portrayals Wonder Woman has had in two decades. I really like the 70's-esque, lighthearted portrayals of her over the dark and brooding hardcore version of her that's been dominant lately. Also, hate the sword.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Machai posted:

How the gently caress does this work? Panther is the leader of a foreign nation and not subject to American law.

Just emulate Obama.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Applewhite posted:

Batman & Robin did this. People hated it. Enjoy your stupid gravel voice Batman, dickwads.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the doc oc arms were awesome
not the actor or the story or that they talked and whatever
but they nailed how those things should move and be used
every time they do anything with a lot of force 1 of them is holding on to something just to brace them all and it kicks rear end

im really disappointed that joker wasnt about killing people all the time like this teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWw0ov-cAUg
batman being desperate and frantic to find and stop joker because he represents a true horror
instead theres lots of pondering and waiting and then joker wants to be cuddle buddies and then he would rather do a social experiment (which dont get me wrong is something he would do but it wasnt nearly as impactful for a movie as him giving someone a "bad day" which they also botched by having harvey turn by joker convincing him that he wasnt intentionally responsible for events and that it was just random instead of harvey turning of his own accord as a result of jokers plan)
they couldve taken it further
also heath ledger overdosing -bad movie for the potential sequels

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

burritolingus posted:

Batman & Robin did this. People hated it. Enjoy your stupid gravel voice Batman, dickwads.

Batman and Robin combined the worst of both worlds: hammy overacting with 90's overdesign and semi-grimdark plot.
Campy acting needs campy sets and costumes. For an example on how to do it right see: Austin Powers .

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Applewhite posted:

Batman and Robin combined the worst of both worlds: hammy overacting with 90's overdesign and semi-grimdark plot.
Campy acting needs campy sets and costumes. For an example on how to do it right see: Austin Powers .

I've never heard Batman & Robin described as "grimdark" thanks for the laugh bozo.

IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE THERE IS ONLY STUPID ICE PUNS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNaDZIrxh-0

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

burritolingus posted:

I've never heard Batman & Robin described as "grimdark" thanks for the laugh bozo.

I said "semi-grimdark"
like one of those swords with way too many curves and dragons that are both useless as swords and ugly to look at while simultaneously being devoid of kitsch value.

E: "Semi-grimdark" is undoubtedly not the right word but I don't know the right word to describe something that tries to bring 90's seriousness down to the level of 70's camp rather than elevating 70's camp up to the level of 90's production values.

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 10, 2015

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
they should get the dudes who made John Wick to make a superhero movie

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
dark knight rises was mediocre

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
So who's gonna play spidey now that garfield has been dropped?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

snodig posted:

Michael Cera

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Android Bicyclist posted:

Everybody ends up in the Avengers.

Considering they decided to use Black Panther in Spidey's role in Civil War I'm interested how he'll be integrated into the Marvel Movie Universe. Rumor has it that Spider-Man will be in the 3rd Thor movie then have his big story in Avengers 3.

Personally I think Spider-Man would fit better in Marvel's smaller Netflix universe with Iron Fist, Jessica Jones & Daredevil.

Except spiderman is marvels biggest property, and has been for a long time. If marvel gets at least some creative control over the sony script it should be a decent popcorn movie at least. Though really I'd like to see them just cast Andrew Garfield and be done w/it, that way we don't get ANOTHER loving origin story.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

snodig posted:

dong lover

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Time for another actor to fade into obscurity after a few failed superhero movies lmao

RIP.

maybe he'll end up like Brandon Routh -- cast as some no-name cartoon dude nobody cares about in a lovely tv-series.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Applewhite posted:

lol at how wrong you are.

Also:

wow person makes bitch post then says they like a kids movie seems like they are a bitch

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Fonzarelli posted:

i hate these superhero movies because they get cool stylish directors and suck all of the fun out of them and you're left with what is pretty much a marketing label attached to a movie that looks and feels the same as the rest of them

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ArtIsResistance posted:

wow person makes bitch post then says they like a kids movie seems like they are a bitch

Sorry you hate good movies :shrug:

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

these super hero movies are middling at best

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

snodig posted:

Time for another actor to fade into obscurity after a few failed superhero movies lmao

RIP.

maybe he'll end up like Brandon Routh -- cast as some no-name cartoon dude nobody cares about in a lovely tv-series.

you think emma stone will break up with him? that'd be funny

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
marvel's offerings are v. good popcorn flicks but i don't think it's physically possible to watch them more than once

prove me wrong. you can't. you just can't

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Acne Rain posted:

that's the last of the leaked stills from the sony pictures i have

spidat man

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Idris Elba as Uncle Ben.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I swear to god they better not do a loving origin story. OH LOOK HE GOT BIT BY SPUDER! UNCEL BEN DIE! MISTER JAMSON I GOT PCITUR

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Applewhite posted:

Michael Cera

http://youtu.be/H5KfHEoZDKI

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

redshirt posted:

Idris Elba as Uncle Ben.

he's already in the marvel universe as heimdall
:goonsay:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Gaunab posted:

Idris Elba as Venom.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaunab posted:

Vin Diesel is supposedly playing two roles, so who cares.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Rated PG-34 posted:

The best superhero movie was Super.

Chronicle was the best superhero film it really owned

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Donald Glover as Spider-Man, Danny Glover as Uncle Ben. Some white broad as Aunt May to piss racists off even more.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Neurosis posted:

Chronicle was the best superhero film it really owned

i disagree

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Gaunab posted:

dark knight rises was straight up garbage

Agreed.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Peter Parker as Spider-Man in Captain America 3, he gets killed during the Civil War, then in the solo movie it's Miles Morales so we don't have a loving third set of movies about Peter Parker cause gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
does that mean spiderman and all the property like villains and whatnot can be used?

• Locked thread