Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
a trilogy of movies where the combined might of the avengers, the guardians of the galaxy and the inhumans takes on stilt-man. part 2 will be stan lee's final live appearance in a motion picture. on his deathbed, his only regret will be not living to see part 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

does that mean spiderman and all the property like villains and whatnot can be used?

It's a co-production deal, so I would assume that as long as Sony gets a cut of them being used, and a credit, yes. The original press release does say that Sony has "final say," but I can't believe that's actually true.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

TheJoker138 posted:

Peter Parker as Spider-Man in Captain America 3, he gets killed during the Civil War, then in the solo movie it's Miles Morales so we don't have a loving third set of movies about Peter Parker cause gently caress.

they should make Peter Parker black, kill him off, then introduce a lily white Miles Morales

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cnut the Great posted:

they should make Peter Parker black, kill him off, then introduce a lily white Miles Morales

Who is a girl.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
*Spider-man appears in Avengers movie, no backstory given, just there slingin' webs, critics and fanboys happy*

Focus Group: "we feel that we didn't really understand who the Spider-Man person is. All the other Avengers got their back story told, why is he different? And where was his aunt? She's so adorable. What about Mary Jane?"

*Thor films are cancelled and replaced with two movies explaining the origin. The first movie is a 2 1/2 hour romcom on how Peter meets Mary Jane and is only bitten by the spider in a scene played after the credits. Netflix hosts a series where a young Ben and May Parker team up with Agent Carter to search out commies in 1950's Southern California"

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Who is a girl.
trans-man

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Maybe they will do Spider-Gwen starring Taylor Swift

:boom:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bonzo posted:

*Spider-man appears in Avengers movie, no backstory given, just there slingin' webs, critics and fanboys happy*

Focus Group: "we feel that we didn't really understand who the Spider-Man person is. All the other Avengers got their back story told, why is he different? And where was his aunt? She's so adorable. What about Mary Jane?"

*Thor films are cancelled and replaced with two movies explaining the origin. The first movie is a 2 1/2 hour romcom on how Peter meets Mary Jane and is only bitten by the spider in a scene played after the credits. Netflix hosts a series where a young Ben and May Parker team up with Agent Carter to search out commies in 1950's Southern California"

They didn't even bother to redo the loving Hulks origin when they got him back, there's no chance in hell we're getting another Peter Parker origin story. Maybe if they do Miles Morales, but no Parker.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Good? He's the best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yy62Vds8-4

If Raimi had managed to tamp down his hatred of Venom I think that might have been a solid film. I still prefer his movies to all the other Spidermans we've had so far. Actually I prefer his stuff to everything else I've seen in the Marvel filmverse so far, with the exception of the Avengers movie.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mr. Horrible posted:

Good? He's the best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yy62Vds8-4

If Raimi had managed to tamp down his hatred of Venom I think that might have been a solid film. I still prefer his movies to all the other Spidermans we've had so far. Actually I prefer his stuff to everything else I've seen in the Marvel filmverse so far, with the exception of the Avengers movie.

This isn't actually emo-Peter. Emo-Peter is him in every single scene in all of those movies except this one, which is the only scene where he's not sitting around crying about how awful his life is and how a girl won't talk to him.

Here's emo-peter:

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

This isn't actually emo-Peter. Emo-Peter is him in every single scene in all of those movies except this one, which is the only scene where he's not sitting around crying about how awful his life is and how a girl won't talk to him.

Here's emo-peter:

Yeah, I know. But Spider-Man is a little bitch in the comics so I went in expecting that.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

Here's emo-peter:

emo-peter looks just like on the toilet-peter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Spiderman isn't something you share, it's something you infect others with.

• Locked thread