Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

A tossup between Uwe Boll's House Of The Dead and Luc Besson's The Family.

Oh wait, I saw McG's This Means War, but that was still at least better than both of those. At least I had someone else pay for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Bruce Kison posted:

Kingdom of Heaven

If you watched the original in theaters or on TV then I agree, the movie seemed to lack a great deal of character motivation and jump around from scene to scene wildly.

Then I saw the Director's Extended Cut edition one holiday.

quote:

An extended director's cut was released on December 23, 2005, at the Laemmle Fairfax Theatre in Los Angeles, unsupported by advertising from 20th Century Fox. This version has been widely praised; at approximately 45 minutes longer than the original theatrical cut, it is reportedly the version Ridley Scott originally wanted released to theaters. The DVD of the extended Director's Cut was released on May 23, 2006. It comprises a four-disc box set with a runtime of 194 minutes, and is shown as a road show presentation with an overture, intermission, and entr'acte. The first Blu-ray release omitted the roadshow elements, running for 189 minutes, but they were restored for the 2014 Ultimate Edition release.[44] Scott gave an interview to STV on the occasion of the extended edition's UK release, when he discussed the motives and thinking behind the new version.[45]

The Director's Cut (DC) has received a distinctly more positive reception from film critics than the theatrical release, with some reviewers suggesting it is the most substantial Director's Cut of all time[46] and a title to equal any of Scott's other works,[47] offering a much greater insight into the motivations of individual characters.

Turns out the movie was butchered with bad editing by the studio.

Try watching the extended cut. It is a way better movie and actually redeems Orlando Bloom's acting somewhat. If you don't like the original story/setting it likely will not do much to sway your opinion though.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Marley and Me

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I wanted to like Kingdom of Heaven but boy it was just not that interesting and Orlando stank. I've heard about the magical cut that makes everything better but I don't know man. Orlando sucks in everything I've seen him in

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
dana carvey seems to have a successful stand up comedy tour gig

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Zogo posted:

Makes me feel bad this is probably the last film some saw before leaping to their death in the WTC towers.

I saw this for free and at some point during the "where do we put it" scene, someone in the audience yells out "Put it in my rear end!"

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

My Q-Face posted:

I saw this for free and at some point during the "where do we put it" scene, someone in the audience yells out "Put it in my rear end!"

Thankfully I don't even remember that scene. Although I do remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXpqA3BvLLg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdMVzxis5vs

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

rander39 posted:

Never understood the term "gnashing my teeth" until I saw the third Matrix movie in the theater.

Third matrix is actually pretty cool. The part where stabbed out eyes neo goes to the machine city asking for a truce is badass chosen one poo poo. 2nd matrix is a bag of dicks.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

I sat through Battlefield Earth (saw it for free and did so as a joke), and managed to make it through to the end of Ghosts of Mars, but I walked the gently caress out of The Last Samurai. That movie was so bad it was offensive.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
Pokemon 2000. My dad took me and sat through the whole thing without saying a word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

Scary Movie 2. The worst movie on the worst date ever. I call for everyone involved to be executed.

• Locked thread