Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
Rob Sneider is a lady. Rob Sneider is an animal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

univbee posted:

This is pretty common in early showings and one-off screenings (e.g. film festivals).

Yeah except this was a screening at a mall in Albany like two weeks after the movie opened

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Push.

electrigger
Dec 18, 2005

so gay and you don't even like boys
Haha seen a lot of these. Worst would have to be Rollerball starring Chris Klein and LL Cool J. Only movie I ever fell asleep in the theater for. Runner up would probably be The Legend of Chun Li. Another Chris Klein movie...I guess a pattern emerges.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

electrigger posted:

Haha seen a lot of these. Worst would have to be Rollerball starring Chris Klein and LL Cool J. Only movie I ever fell asleep in the theater for. Runner up would probably be The Legend of Chun Li. Another Chris Klein movie...I guess a pattern emerges.

The original rollerball was bad rear end though and predicted a lot about how sports would be in the future

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Alexander.

Walked out far far too late.

electrigger
Dec 18, 2005

Oh poo poo how could I forget I saw The New Guy starring D.J. Qualls. Man that movie was a bag of gently caress.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I've seen three movies in a theatre: A cartoon movie about whales called Samson & Sally, the first Harry Potter flick and Terminal (starring Tom Hanks).

I have no intention of ever seeing any more.

Edit: Should've stopped after Samson & Sally, really.

quakster fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 10, 2015

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

Recently: The Pyramid

Past: Last House on the Left - only movie I've ever walked out of.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Brotherhood of the Wolf.

It was extremely bad, but it became so bad that at least the theater had a good time laughing at it.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Throwing in another vote for Alexander. I made it to the end, but it was a hell of an ordeal. By about the 3/4 mark at least half of the theatre had already walked out and the rest of the audience had pretty much checked out mentally and were just waiting for the lights to turn on. The strange thing was that it seemed Colin Farrell's boredom with the role mirrored my own and increased in step as the movie progressed.

Every aspect of that freaking movie was phoned in.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

electrigger posted:

Oh poo poo how could I forget I saw The New Guy starring D.J. Qualls. Man that movie was a bag of gently caress.

it did have eliza dushku modeling swimsuits which gracefully carried me into puberty

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Gaunab posted:

it did have eliza dushku modeling swimsuits which gracefully carried me into puberty

She is somehow even hotter now

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Pearl Harbor I guess.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

haljordan posted:

She is somehow even hotter now

i agree

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
every one

theatres suck

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Punisher: Warzone

Prometheus

Oblivion

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The Quest starring JCVD and a boatload of unnecessary slow motion.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The cookout

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

after earth

wtf will smith. not cool man

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Snakes on a plane

I still sort of think it was never actually made and I just dreamt the whole thing

electrigger
Dec 18, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

Punisher: Warzone

This isn't the best movies you've seen in a theater thread.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Blistex posted:

Throwing in another vote for Alexander. I made it to the end, but it was a hell of an ordeal. By about the 3/4 mark at least half of the theatre had already walked out and the rest of the audience had pretty much checked out mentally and were just waiting for the lights to turn on. The strange thing was that it seemed Colin Farrell's boredom with the role mirrored my own and increased in step as the movie progressed.

Oh thank God I thought I was the only one.

I could put up with the weird sexual poo poo between Angelina and Colin (it was bad mostly because it seemed forced and Colin acted like she was shanking him in that scene). I lost all respect for the movie when Colin who is suppose to be Alexander a competent and intelligent general looks over his shoulder after he completes this flanking maneuver on horseback to lure the enemy in and Colin's eyes widen like he is in shock. gently caress THAT. This was a plan you strategized five seconds earlier and its working and Alexander is one of the most competent generals in history you shouldn't look loving SURPRISED like a goddamn child. Oh my loving God I was so pissed.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 10, 2015

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

electrigger posted:

This isn't the best movies you've seen in a theater thread.

that movie is a big stinky poo poo, man.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
double post

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Feranon posted:

after earth

wtf will smith. not cool man

Will Smith and his entire loving family have lost their drat minds. You play make believe for a living, settle down.

Stigmata
Jul 5, 2004

Oh Trey!
Home Alone 3 or Contact, OP! Thanks for asking.

electrigger
Dec 18, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

that movie is a big stinky poo poo, man.

Yes but did he get his applesauce back? I was on the edge of my seat.

kdrudy posted:

The Quest starring JCVD and a boatload of unnecessary slow motion.

Haha this movie is great. How to improve on Bloodsport? Make it even cheesier somehow, also add James Bond.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
The 1st scary movie. what the poo poo comedy films, why do you have to go so poo poo, so fast

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Libelous Slander posted:

The 1st scary movie. what the poo poo comedy films, why do you have to go so poo poo, so fast

The wayans brothers should be executed for crimes against humanity

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Meet the Fockers.

Wasn't my decision. I came back into town, a friend recommended we see it and catch up. I went to the bathroom a lot just so I wouldn't have to watch it. I have avoided that friend since, it was the final nail in the coffin.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Star Wars Episode 2. The line about sand just made me lose it.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

kith_groupie posted:

Meet the Fockers.

Wasn't my decision. I came back into town, a friend recommended we see it and catch up. I went to the bathroom a lot just so I wouldn't have to watch it. I have avoided that friend since, it was the final nail in the coffin.

When I was like 23 I worked at a blockbuster and my douche bag frat boy manager's favorite movie was meet the parents. I found out he was eventually fired for showing up to an inventory night while drunk.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Walked out of Transformers.
The Woman in Black was insulting as gently caress.
My sisters took me to see Alien 3 when I was four and we were the only ones in the theater, but the usher came in every so often to yell at them for riffing. I remember them laughing about something and the usher came in demanding to know what was so funny. They told her the baby fell down. I remember being mortified, but I don't remember that lovely movie.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

MajorB posted:

tim burton's alice in wonderland, $13 imax 3d ticket, sold out crowd

despite the two hours of overdesigned fake-rear end CG visual aesthetic, an incomprehensible and inconsistent (not in the lewis carroll way but in a babby's first generic fantasy war epic script way), and tim burton clearly slumming it to get on good terms with disney, the abused and exhausted audience was ready to chalk it all up to mind-numbing spectacle and leave on decent terms

then johnny depp started breakdancing and you could literally feel the pent-up animosity towards the movie flood the atmosphere of the theater, like the air was so thick with contempt that you could cut it

holy poo poo yes

not just any breakdancing, really ham handed 3d movie throw poo poo at the screen breakdancing

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Blistex posted:

It was hilarious how lazy they were with Farrell's hair dye job. You could clearly see his dark roots for most of the movie. Also super obvious no one bothered to glance at classical military strategy since all of the battle scenes were an incomprehensible mess.

Luckily I didn't see that in theaters, or else it would have my vote. I'll go with The Spirit, the horrible feature length directorial debut of Frank Miller which effectively murdered the hype he built up in Hollywood after the success of Sin City and 300. Pretty much everything about that movie is awful. The dialogue is loving unreal bad and very much reflects the reality of an effete nerd affecting grit and charm, the plot is terrible, and the action is dull and forgettable. It's even a poo poo time for fans of the esoteric comic it's based on as it only vaguely resembles the source. The Spirit's outfit is even complemented by a pair of converses, just to add a little extra "ugh that is so fuckin lame"

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
The Core, when that tech fucker started screwing around with Hillary Swanks cellphone and "hacked" it so she had free coverage for life all the blood in my penis left me.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Yvershek posted:

Star Wars Episode 2. The line about sand just made me lose it.

I walked out of that movie when there was like a rainy water planet and I didn't care what was going on but we were watching it at home so that doesn't count.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Manic Mailman posted:

The Core, when that tech fucker started screwing around with Hillary Swanks cellphone and "hacked" it so she had free coverage for life all the blood in my penis left me.

Dj qualls who was also in the new guy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Real Steel. I walked out when a 1o year old white kid started hip hop dancing with a robot

e: If i would have seen Spring Breakers in theatres that would have been the worst though, i streamed it because someone told me james franco and gucci mane were in a movie together and i had to see it for myself. most bullshit movie ever

Pookum fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 10, 2015

• Locked thread