Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

*People lining up to get kicked int he nuts by Evolve

*Premium passes for BF4 and Hardline

*Console wars

*Self loathing gamers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
I'm into games and paying for games

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It hasn't been the same since the 16-bit war.

Eye of Widesauron posted:

*Self loathing gamer.

Is loathing certain people who play games and identify as gamers the same as loathing myself as I play games?

i answered my own question gently caress

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
anyone who has to defend the game from any criticism levelled at it because they paid $60

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Low Tier God has gaming AIDS

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
People who get angry when a game does not have infinite content/last forever

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Its like that episode of a popular zombie show where the cdc guy whispers WERE ALL INFECTED

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
*That one dude who gets angry at every single video game and posts in every thread about how hard the game his and how he's so loving angry right now you guys

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
me

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

DOTA 2.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i don't think you should've used AIDS in the title thats rly not v nice. maybe something like "Bad Thing About Gaming" or "Gaming Fails" wouild be better?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Games Buyer's Club

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
Gaming AIDS is pretty bad in Gaming Africa.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Legin Noslen posted:

Gaming AIDS is pretty bad in Gaming Africa.

Australia is Gaming Africa

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

CharlestonJew posted:

Games Buyer's Club

Don't make fun of my addiction.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Optimistic Gamer here, its never been a better time to be alive and be a gamer. Sick games coming out constantly, Nintendo destroying the competition left and right, New Sid Meier Game coming out based on the well written and developed world of Beyond Earth (The universe is either in progress or in entropy. We choose progress! so loving smart. really makes you think). So what if the government made it mandatory for all gamers to receive AIDS injections from FEMA? I say: "Game on."

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
League Of Legends

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Dota.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Australia is Gaming Africa

lol

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
MOBAs

Multiplayer-only shooters

DLC

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002
Buying every MMO that comes out and complaining how all MMOs are the same while buying said MMOs and supporting companies making the same style MMOs.... it never ends.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

People who buy Need for Speed and The Crew.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Great Joe posted:

People who buy Need for Speed and The Crew.

And Assassins Creed.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

...I forgot Gran Turismo and Forza

Randomly Procedurally generated stage design.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Feb 12, 2015

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

if you say his name in a mirror three times he'll appear behind you and whine about how all the challenges in the Batman games are loving bullshit

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

*People lining up to get kicked int he nuts by Evolve

*Premium passes for BF4 and Hardline

*Console wars

*Self loathing gamers

fail aids

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
* GTA V not having a single female character who is portrayed positively.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
If I buy more of these will Gaming™ get better?
http://www.airdropgaming.com/

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

circ dick soleil posted:

* GTA V not having a single female character who is portrayed positively.

Best getaway driver in the game son

Just gotta do a bunch of laps of the very top of the map until her random event pops and then you only spend like 5 minutes dealing with her character and the only reason she's not awful is probably just because 5 minutes wasn't long enough for Rockstar to turn her into an awful shrieking harpy or w/e but still.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Best getaway driver in the game son

Just gotta do a bunch of laps of the very top of the map until her random event pops and then you only spend like 5 minutes dealing with her character and the only reason she's not awful is probably just because 5 minutes wasn't long enough for Rockstar to turn her into an awful shrieking harpy or w/e but still.

the hacker is good as well but it doesn't really change the fact that its really bad in general

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Eonwe posted:

anyone who has to defend the game from any criticism levelled at it because they paid $60

Civilization fans saying "it will be good after you buy $120-180 worth of expansions"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
* Caring deeply about gender portrayal in the crime movie parody series of games

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Stux posted:

the hacker is good as well but it doesn't really change the fact that its really bad in general

* being this dumbass retarded

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The portrayal of women characters in GTAV is bad because it is a Rockstar game and they are horrible at that, and also characters in general.

The "you can kill sex workers" thing was a stupid manufactured controversy, though.

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 12, 2015

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

* Caring deeply about gender portrayal in the crime movie parody series of games

actually no that owns sorry if you are a literal child who cannot understand concepts past "A make mario do jump. hit gumbo head"

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Stux posted:

actually no that owns sorry if you are a literal child who cannot understand concepts past "A make mario do jump. hit gumbo head"

maybe you should stop playing games

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

circ dick soleil posted:

maybe you should stop playing games

agrreed, i find subject other than "what colour is donkey kongs tie" existentially terrifying, so i will sit in a dark room away from all media ever made other than pong, a game treuly untouched by the ravages of normal people being interested in it.

thank u for your help at this trying time.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Stux posted:

agrreed, i find subject other than "what colour is donkey kongs tie" existentially terrifying, so i will sit in a dark room away from all media ever made other than pong, a game treuly untouched by the ravages of normal people being interested in it.

thank u for your help at this trying time.

God give me strength and deliver us from these fail aids. Amen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

circ dick soleil posted:

God give me strength and deliver us from these fail aids. Amen.

*walks into a movie* what is this bullshit. where are the loving points? wheres the goomnbas? what the gently caress. What the gently caress. this is hosed up where are the princesses to save?? what is this poo poo what is going on. gently caress this. gently caress This

• Locked thread