Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mechanical elements in games are worth analysis and discussion and I am fursonally tired at the portrayal of them as the "dumb" parts of games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Alain Post posted:

Mechanical elements in games are worth analysis and discussion and I am fursonally tired at the portrayal of them as the "dumb" parts of games.

actually you shouldn't analysis, discuss, think or even possibly look too long at any element of a game, unless it is to say that it is unequivocally good or that you don't care either way. games v fragile and we should avoid any actions which may harm them including dropping them, talking about them behind their backs or not whispering about how much you love them as you gingerly place them back in their case.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
gently caress off stux

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stux posted:

actually no that owns sorry if you are a literal child who cannot understand concepts past "A make mario do jump. hit gumbo head"

i'm sorry. the AIDS has gone malignant... you don't have long to live.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

yes hello this is the School Teacher yes larry is sick he needs to come home. well we asked him a question about a game other than "what button is jump" and it seems to have quite an effect. yes. mhmm. yes unfortunately he seems to have shrunk back down to the size of an infant, and a diaper has emerged from his skin and swaddled him. yes, it is full already how did you know? ah this is a known condition? well I'm very sorry your child has Fail Baby Idiot Syndrome, best of luck to you with your terrible child.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Larry Parrish posted:

That is not how AIDS works.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think the emphasis on highly controlled (sometimes) personal works in indie gaming is wrong-headed and is moving away from the mechanical strengths of games as a creative medium.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

circ dick soleil posted:

gently caress off stux

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Alain Post posted:

I think the emphasis on highly controlled (sometimes) personal works in indie gaming is wrong-headed and is moving away from the mechanical strengths of games as a creative medium.

did you know: you can have both types of games and you don't have to play them if you don't want to

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Stux posted:

did you know: you can have both types of games and you don't have to play them if you don't want to

The same is true of game criticism IMO. You don't have to agree with all of it, and there's no mandate that critics only look at games that they like. I think the opposite is true.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Alain Post posted:

The same is true of game criticism IMO. You don't have to agree with all of it, and there's no mandate that critics only look at games that they like. I think the opposite is true.

agre I think all games should be enjoyed and welcomed and anyone who want to limit games to certain thing sshould eat my rear end

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think all games should be taken seriously. That doesn't mean enjoying all of them- in fact, if you go in with an attitude of enjoying every game, you aren't taking games seriously.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Here's a gaming "Aide" ;)

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Stux posted:

i don't think you should've used AIDS in the title thats rly not v nice. maybe something like "Bad Thing About Gaming" or "Gaming Fails" wouild be better?

Stux posted:

the hacker is good as well but it doesn't really change the fact that its really bad in general

Stux posted:

actually no that owns sorry if you are a literal child who cannot understand concepts past "A make mario do jump. hit gumbo head"

Stux posted:

agrreed, i find subject other than "what colour is donkey kongs tie" existentially terrifying, so i will sit in a dark room away from all media ever made other than pong, a game treuly untouched by the ravages of normal people being interested in it.

thank u for your help at this trying time.

Stux posted:

*walks into a movie* what is this bullshit. where are the loving points? wheres the goomnbas? what the gently caress. What the gently caress. this is hosed up where are the princesses to save?? what is this poo poo what is going on. gently caress this. gently caress This

Stux posted:

actually you shouldn't analysis, discuss, think or even possibly look too long at any element of a game, unless it is to say that it is unequivocally good or that you don't care either way. games v fragile and we should avoid any actions which may harm them including dropping them, talking about them behind their backs or not whispering about how much you love them as you gingerly place them back in their case.

Stux posted:

yes hello this is the School Teacher yes larry is sick he needs to come home. well we asked him a question about a game other than "what button is jump" and it seems to have quite an effect. yes. mhmm. yes unfortunately he seems to have shrunk back down to the size of an infant, and a diaper has emerged from his skin and swaddled him. yes, it is full already how did you know? ah this is a known condition? well I'm very sorry your child has Fail Baby Idiot Syndrome, best of luck to you with your terrible child.

Stux posted:

Stux posted:

agre I think all games should be enjoyed and welcomed and anyone who want to limit games to certain thing sshould eat my rear end

gently caress off stux

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I get it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

circ dick soleil posted:

gently caress off stux

eat mu rear end

Adbot