Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I have been putting a lot of time into this game and really enjoying it so far.

If everyone thinks its a good idea, I am going to remake the thread with more Evolve Stage 2 specific information as there is a lot missing in the OP and at this point I think a whole new thread is warranted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Knifegrab posted:

I have been putting a lot of time into this game and really enjoying it so far.

If everyone thinks its a good idea, I am going to remake the thread with more Evolve Stage 2 specific information as there is a lot missing in the OP and at this point I think a whole new thread is warranted.

Evolve: The real monster is pubbies

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Grognan posted:

Evolve: The real monster is pubbies

Yeah I have a good OP lined up but still need a title, taking suggestions from all comers.

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

How about something that tells people to cut off the monster and not try to outrun it from behind. It's the biggest mistake I see with new players that leads to them calling it a running simulator and quitting.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Evolve Stage 2: Chasing the Purple Goliath

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

HMS Boromir posted:

EDIT: On the bright side,

:shepface:

You monster.... had my 1st victory against the Wraith last night. Abe tracking it in the bubble made him trivial, also didnt help that he kept "escaping" through our Assault mines lol.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Evolve - Best 2015 game of 2016

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Evolve: Currently Stage 2 F2P; not yet Stage 3 P2W

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.

terrorist ambulance posted:

Yeah but dome him and then what. Cabot uses his 4 once, and then the monster eats your medic while you plink at it with your railgun

Cabot's damage amp forces a monster to react to it, protecting the medic. Provided the medic can dodge, the damage amp can't be underestimated.

Same with Kala, once she gets to stripping the armor, all damage becomes permanent which requires the monster to deal with her or gtfo.

I say this as someone who monsters every game, I'd rather deal with shields that just draw the fight out vs. those two ending matches before I can get purchase. Except sunny. I would deal with anything over a competent sunny.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Ynglaur posted:

I think this one takes it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ynglaur posted:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

amitlu posted:

How about something that tells people to cut off the monster and not try to outrun it from behind. It's the biggest mistake I see with new players that leads to them calling it a running simulator and quitting.

It doesn't really help because you can sit there with a microphone telling them this and pinging the right routes for them to take and describing them kindly via voice chat and they still follow the tracks in a straight line.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783343

New thread is up, I am expanding the rest of the OP as we speak.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
This is a game I always felt should've done well, but that I was not prepared to drop a big chunk of money on. I'm kinda sad that they removed a lot of the stealthier/strategic elements from the game (I play monster exclusively), but I guess that didn't work first time so oh well. I'm still pretty good at getting a full evolve bar before getting domed.

Would like the gameplay to 'feel' faster though Bigger maps so the monster has more room to lose hunters, and better mobility for hunters so they don't feel so sluggish without jetpack juice.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Knifegrab posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783343

New thread is up, I am expanding the rest of the OP as we speak.

Assault gets a 90% shield instead of a invul for duration, just should point that out.

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

Ocrassus posted:

This is a game I always felt should've done well, but that I was not prepared to drop a big chunk of money on. I'm kinda sad that they removed a lot of the stealthier/strategic elements from the game (I play monster exclusively), but I guess that didn't work first time so oh well. I'm still pretty good at getting a full evolve bar before getting domed.

I feel like that was a big problem with the game, you would chase some monster around for 30 minutes and then have a fight. Why not just make the monster start at level 3 and have to destroy the objective? They really made it more fun for the hunters, and it can be really intense for the monster. You can still get past them, but you can't ever relax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I posted this in the wrong thread.

• Locked thread