Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
Buying this game at launch is just enabling 2k's bullshit addiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Is your crew gimmick to make a lot of unfunny posts?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

here comes Y-O-S-P-O-S with more sick burns about things like having a job!
bitches!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
So which Angry Joe top 10 list do you think this one will be one, the worst games or the disappointing one 2015?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Jose Mengelez posted:

Buying this game at launch is just enabling 2k's bullshit addiction.

I mean, this is pretty much the most compelling reason to not pay full price at launch. Even if it was the best game in the world and turned on everyone who played it, if you can't see a massive moneygrab coming in the direction of your wallet, then I have a bridge to sell you!

It's a game that would ordinarily be sold as a complete package with free updates at a launch price of $50 that's coming in with a monetization scheme that makes Activision and EA jizz in their pants. Supporting it at launch like this is essentially telling 2K that they should keep doing this because you're dumb enough to fall for it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shadowlz posted:

goodness, no

quaunaut
Sep 15, 2007

WHOOSH
Finding it a bit interesting. There's a surprising number of maps, though I don't know what kind of diversity they have. The hunters I've played so far feel pretty different, but I've only done a couple matches.

I don't really mind/care that DLC is coming out 3 or 4 months from now, usually I play these games for 2-3 weeks and go back to my usuals.

And frankly the "you're enabling DLC bullshit" doesn't ring super true to me because if you seriously think after how much DLC bullshit has succeeded in the last 3 years that this game is gonna break the camel's back, then I guess you should certainly have fun in your paranoia.

Game seems okay, but unless these maps have even more variety than I realized(or that 5-map mode is super awesome) I'd not buy this for a dollar over 40.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Shadowlz posted:

The general gimmick, if you will, is for them to keep posting and making you mad which will result in you losing your cool and trying to insult them. Once you do that, you'll realize they're better at making insults than you are and will be constantly scoring sick burns much to the amusement of spectating goons. You will be left with a choice. You can either:

A) Have a meltdown on the forums. Maybe not the best option for you, but definitely the best option in terms of entertainment.
B) Use the power of self-awareness to realize that you're fighting a losing battle, acknowledge that they're just better than you at this, and become a chill dude.
C) Just ignore it? Seriously. If you bought the game and you like the game, maybe you shouldn't let an internet forum change your opinion on the subject. Maybe some people will make fun of you for your fiscal prudence, but if your budget can support it and you believe that you spent your money well then you can also be a big boy/girl and just post about how much you like the game, what you thought was particularly cool, or ask some goons who also like the game what their advice is on a subject. Believe it or not, some people like to go to threads and stir poo poo around to see if people get mad enough to provide us all with quality entertainment.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

LuiCypher posted:

The general gimmick, if you will, is for them to keep posting and making you mad which will result in you losing your cool and trying to insult them. Once you do that, you'll realize they're better at making insults than you are and will be constantly scoring sick burns much to the amusement of spectating goons. You will be left with a choice. You can either:

Doing gods work then. Carry on.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

LuiCypher posted:

If you bought the game and you like the game, maybe you shouldn't let an internet forum change your opinion on the subject. Maybe some people will make fun of you for your fiscal prudence, but if your budget can support it and you believe that you spent your money well then you can also be a big boy/girl and just post about how much you like the game, what you thought was particularly cool, or ask some goons who also like the game what their advice is on a subject. Believe it or not, some people like to go to threads and stir poo poo around to see if people get mad enough to provide us all with quality entertainment.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
*swirling the juice inside gushers around in a wine glass*

Hmmm, Quite.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LuiCypher posted:

A) Have a meltdown on the forums. Maybe not the best option for you, but definitely the best option in terms of entertainment.
B) Use the power of self-awareness to realize that you're fighting a losing battle, acknowledge that they're just better than you at this, and become a chill dude.
C) Just ignore it? Seriously. If you bought the game and you like the game, maybe you shouldn't let an internet forum change your opinion on the subject. Maybe some people will make fun of you for your fiscal prudence, but if your budget can support it and you believe that you spent your money well then you can also be a big boy/girl and just post about how much you like the game, what you thought was particularly cool, or ask some goons who also like the game what their advice is on a subject. Believe it or not, some people like to go to threads and stir poo poo around to see if people get mad enough to provide us all with quality entertainment.

holy gently caress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
i want to post my monster cock itt

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I have a lot of fun playing this game and feel as though it was worth my moneys.

There are some games I spent money on and did not like, and I regret those but oh well. There are many people that like those games that I didn't like, and that's okay. I used to think that people liking things I didn't like was very scary and disturbing, but I eventually passed kindergarten and grew out of that phase.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Irrational Bees posted:

Doe's it have any other skins? If not, LAME.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Irrational Bees posted:

please send me a picture of your monster cock

ideally it would be like the pic in my av

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

LuiCypher posted:

please do NOT post the Prima(c) guide the Imp Zone

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GenericOverusedName posted:

There are some games I spent money on and did not like, and I regret those but oh well. There are many people that like those games that I didn't like, and that's okay. I used to think that people liking things I didn't like was very scary and disturbing, but I eventually passed kindergarten and grew out of that phase.

:agreed:

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Irrational Bees posted:

I do to, sadly theres nothing 'monster' about it. :smithicide:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
does evolve feature women turning into toilets as one of the monsters

i want toilet transformers

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax

Eonwe posted:

please send me a picture of your monster cock

ideally it would be like the pic in my av

it is much larger and scary.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I blow 40 dollars in one night bitches

Same, but on games that are not Evolve.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
No, Axemaniac did not infact work on Evolve.
which is a shame, because it would atleast be DNF quality then.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Irrational Bees posted:

it is much larger and scary.

so thats why they called it The Behemoth

Mr. Giggles
Nov 4, 2009
HEY GOONS spend your money this way!

game fuckin owns btw

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rrussom posted:

No, Axemaniac did not infact work on Evolve.
which is a shame, because it would atleast be DNF quality then.

:eyepop:

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

so thats why they called it The Behemoth

I always thought they called it 'BioLizard'

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
60 dollars for a few characters and a few maps for a multiplayer only game... Lmfao you retards are seriously the cancer killing games. Go play on your iphone and click the jewel or whatever it is babies do now

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I blow 40 dollars in one night bitches

I blow 40 dollars of monster cock in one night, bitches.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LuiCypher posted:

one nickel at a time

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Despite my love of monster cock this game has just monsters, not cocks.

Unless you count the players and posters but that's a different kind of cock.

Monsters are pretty great, though.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

As someone with a steady job and disposable income, I will not be buying this game.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Control Volume posted:

As someone with a steady job and disposable income, I will not be buying this game.

Your avatar horrifies me on every conceivable level

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

If a few years ago you told me I'd be playing Nosgoth instead of Evolve, I'd have punched you in the face yet...

Here we are.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Rrussom posted:

Your avatar horrifies me on every conceivable level

im glad of it

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Night Blade posted:

If a few years ago you told me I'd be playing Nosgoth instead of Evolve, I'd have punched you in the face yet...

Here we are.

Nosgoth is just as lovely as evolve, HTH

Control Volume posted:

im glad of it

a-arnt you the guy who did that blip CYOA?

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Y'all know if evolving ups basic melee damage?

Tried raising textures, shaders, and the 3rd thing to very high from high and still got a crash after a few games, booo. (AMD card.)

The very unintuitive mechanic of the monster gaining stamina faster when being shot at is srs bsns. The difference in regen is pretty big. Don't plink the monster for .002% damage from a distance or you're just helping it get away faster - let stuff like bubble traps and tranqs lead the way if you're trying to chase it down.

Wildlife work great for getting your <do damage> character masteries.

Close games as the monster (Goliath at least) are givin' me flashbacks to being the last survivor in L4D games and trying to speedrun to the safehouse and clutch out kills; fun stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDrinksAlot
Aug 6, 2006

The wicked flee when none pursueth

LuiCypher posted:

I don't know if I'd brag about that.

• Locked thread