Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
i'm a gamer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
it's about ethics in video game journalism

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
My name is Ben Kuchera

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

bloodysabbath posted:

lol if you think I'm going to waste time and precious life penning a massive manifesto on the grand Internet shitflinging of 2014/2015.

yeah why do that when there is lego to waste it on instead

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
*literally defends every video game in every thread from criticism, ever*

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Blackdog420 posted:

I helped kickstart Godus

Trusting Molyneux to deliver on his promises is probably the dumbest loving thing I've seen in this thread so far, and that includes people paying thousands for fake ships in a game that doesn't exist.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'm tired of all these 2d/retro games! What about the graphics!?

No. No more dancing!
Jun 15, 2006
Let 'er rip, dude!
I have the perfect idea for an MMORPG with Diablo style loot. All I need now is a programmer and maybe an art guy.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

MotU posted:

anime is bad

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc4h8hNYev0

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
I only like games ironically

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

drat, can't wait to express my gaming opinions in this thread, but in a roundabout manner.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Hi. I post in the Games forum on Something Awful, the website. Hello. Hi.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't even appreciate the SNES classic Kendo Rage, and can perform no kendo techniques in real life.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Video games fill the raging void in my life and I react harshly to criticism of them

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

destiny is a good game and i just love that multiplayer and grind

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I can't even name the Thom Yorke of gaming, despite it being incredibly obvious to literally everyone, even Jeremy who is dyslexic and got like a D in algebra.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

bloodysabbath posted:

I stand with the games press because three high-profile white women from very wealthy families have had to read some less than kind words on the Internet while checking their Kickstarter/Patreon balances.

This is shitpostception, I love it.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Video games aren't hostile towards women, that's ridiculous! Pardon me while I me use this dead, but sexually posed, stripper corpse as cover.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Stux posted:

yeah why do that when there is lego to waste it on instead

What if I make a giant Lego Chie statue? Is it okay then?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hm, yes, it is not extremely good and epic to explore the city of Haven City and collect all 420 Precursor Orbs and 69 Power Cells using jumping. Also, I am a libertarian.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hm, yes, it is not extremely good and epic to explore the city of Haven City and collect all 420 Precursor Orbs and 69 Power Cells using jumping. Also, I am a libertarian.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02/11/loss-of-faith-will-godus-ever-have-a-god-of-gods/ Honestly I just feel bad for the guy, they got his hopes up, promised him possibly decades of earnings and basically Molyneuxed the poo poo out of him.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blackdog420 posted:

I helped kickstart Godus

this is a great one

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Although I am but a humble man sewn from a burlap sack and stuffed with straw, I nonetheless stand near open flames while playing Boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hand on my Game Boy Advance Micro.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
*posts literally anything Anthony Burch has ever tweeted*

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
*Plays games exclusively on the PC. Does not use controllers like a loser would because using controllers is for losers*

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Hmm, yes, the way this woman is treated is veryyyy problematic. I think I'm gonna derail the entire thread now to have a fit about it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SunAndSpring posted:

Hmm, yes, the way this woman is treated is veryyyy problematic. I think I'm gonna derail the entire thread now to have a fit about it.

lol wow

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

here is a literal low IQ gamer post: we shouldn't think about anything. don't think. me want press button. give flashy light. button for flashly light. ooga booga

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What the? There are too many enemies, and too many hazards. What the? Too many gaming, I can't even. I can't. I like Minecraft and Super Mario Bros 3. I like Final Fantasy 6 and Madden 2008. I like Demon's Souls and Um Jammer Lammy. I bluh bluhhhhhhh uh-oh I need more lives.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

me am press buton make jump. good. like press sbuton. why talking. game make head hurt. game bad. game talk. no think, want button. give button. give big number. me am want play button press for score. *picks up simon says* game of the year 2015

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

FactsAreUseless posted:

What the? There are too many enemies, and too many hazards. What the? Too many gaming, I can't even. I can't. I like Minecraft and Super Mario Bros 3. I like Final Fantasy 6 and Madden 2008. I like Demon's Souls and Um Jammer Lammy. I bluh bluhhhhhhh uh-oh I need more lives.

Games shouldn't be hard, as this is exclusionary, I think.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
scarlet really was the deepest and most impactful female villain in gaming and you gw2 story snobs just cant handle it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't think it made sense for Locke to try to resurrect Rachel, and I definitely am opposed to Umaro and Mog's friendship, even though they clearly have a connection.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Sorry, I won't play anything made before 2005 because it's dated

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
ugh why are all the alien deaths in alien:isolation so phallocentric

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

how bout that madden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The Starcraft series has evolved its story in such a way as to be sublime and perfect, and hoovering up almost all RTS money is a good thing for the industry.

• Locked thread