Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

Werix posted:

Quintus
He then turns to Eadian, "You say that as if it was a bad thing. This planet could use a good scouring of xenos filth."

Wrathbeard

"Hur hur hur, keep talking like dat Beakie an I'll channel the full extant o' me boot into yer face," the ork says, good naturedly. But then his face becomes serious, "An don't go breaking any of dem bitz I was gonna be lootin neither, I want one of dem flash dreadz. I has... planz fer it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Quintus

Quintus gives a little laugh, "I would love nothing better than to see you try, Xenos. Your life is spared so long as the rogue trader has use for you, as it is his right through his Warrant of Trade to deal with all manner of Xenos, reguardless of how bad an idea it is. But were you to attack me greenskin, I would certainly be justified in defending myself. As for your precious 'flash dreads' whatever the Emperor that means, I will show them the same level of discretion you showed the xenos here," he motions to the bullet riddled corpses in the room and laughs, "so if capturing one is your prerogative, you had better engage it in combat before I do."

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!
Dino

Dino laughs at the uptight marine, "Well it's not a big concern of mine, I was an ork once for a bit back in the service. Great fun until they started shooting us." He looks Quintus up and down, "It's more psykers that get my hackles up, never been around one that didn't explode in short order." He shrugs, "Still, I'm sure you won't."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The receptionist avidly tries to avoid eye contact with D'Jasper even as he is being addressed, hoping beyond hope that the loud man will forget he exists and just leave. When the other loud old man appears, the relief the receptionist feels is almost palpable; he gets to work ordering up transport for the guests, not noticing as M4X and Murdah make use of the maps M4X had found to make their way to the garage. Quintus, seeing the ork leaving, excuses himself from the trio of nobles to keep an eye on the xeno, leaving Elana to decide between staying with the old, jabbering humans or follow the other three who are more likely to get up to something interesting. Regardless, two of the three surviving tau soldiers follow M4X and Murdah, if only because they recgonize them as two powerful people that did not outright kill them. Ch'ad stays behind, to help guide D'Jasper.

After a few temporarily locked doors, M4X and the others find themselves standing in a massive parking facility, primarily containing the vehicles of the guests staying in the resort, as well as rentals suiting most imperial tastes. However, it is the Devilfish (likely used by the now deceased fire caste) in the far corner that catches the eye of both admech and ork, and the two make their way quickly to the vehicle. Quintus notices a tau attendant leaving with a vehicle, likely the rental intended for D'Jasper, Eadin, and Dino.

Murdah easily makes his way through the door lock on the Devilfish, and finds himself staring at a bright blue console with an array of buttons, levers, and gauges for him to completely gently caress up. He, by either sheer luck or possibly the innate intuition of orks, opens up the troop loading hatch with his first button press. The hatch lowers to the ground, and the space within allows for Quintus, Elana, and the fraternity of Tau to sit with some comfort; M4X, in the meanwhile, climbs into the shotgun seat to monitor Murdah and inspect the xenos console himself. There is faint protest from T'odd about the ork driving, but he shuts up when he realizes the ork could probably fly the thing fine and also smash his skull in with a punch.

Up front at the reception desk, an actual, honest to Emperor rickshaw pulls up, driven by a tau and pulled by several drones. The tau attendant steps down and opens the door for Eadin, Dino, and D'Jasper to climb in, giving them a very forced smile.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 25, 2015

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
D'Jasper Probincrux III

The trader drops change from his pocket on to the receptionist's counter as a tip and saunters towards the exotic carriage clearly intended as a some sort of joke for the resort guests, but one which D'Jasper believes is what they really use for travel here.
"HELLO. WE NEED TO GET TO A 'TAU 'SEARCH FACILITY'. UMBUBU HERE KNOWS THE DIRECTIONS." he roars at the chaffeur while pointing at Ch'Ad.

Sormus fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 26, 2015

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!
Dino

Dino leans toward the driver and clears his throat, "Ahem, meep meep meep; meep meep meep meep meep meep meep meep meep. Meep meep meep meep?". He climbs aboard relaxes in the seat, "Shall we?"

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

M4X

"We should bring our former employer's remains with us. The body could prove a useful point of... illustration."

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Murdah Wrathbeard

"I dun get you oomies sometimes. I mean sure, strapping da body of our formah boss to the front of dis ere floaty-wagon, well... It'd be sort of like strapping a grot ya krumped to da front of yer trukk. You's sending a message, but what kind of message is ya sending? Dat humie boss, if'n he still had a skull, well it wouldn't be one you'd want at the top of yer bosspole if you take my meaning."

The massive ork sets his accumulated guns, bitz and loot on the floor of the devilfish, looking around the cockpit and trying to figure out the workings of it. However, he had other work to do and it dawned on him that he had no idea where he was going in any case. He gets up and stomps back to the troop area, looking around at the assembled group. Deep down, a part of him died. Stuck in a trukk with a 'oomie mek, a beakie weirdboy and a couple of greyskins. He needed to take his mind off his misery and so he points to one of the Tau.

"Oi, Greyskin, get up 'ere and drive us to where you keep yer big gunz. Ya know, da guards of dis research facility nearby. I want to engage in a bit of commerce on the side while we're 'ere. I'z gonna get to workin on deez bitz. Do ya think one of yer Fire Boss' would trade a shooty-suit fer a bit of kustomization to dis 'ere trukk? Iz not bad but it could be fasta and it isn't even painted red. Wot kind of meks do you has wot doesn't even paint yer trukks red?"

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Elana

"Commerce? That means we need something they want, to trade for. Why would we do that?" Elana puzzled for a moment, before it dawned on her. "Oh, right, commerce. Yes. Good plan. Although I think that if we start from a moving vehicle, it's technically piracy."

"Murray, I wouldn't bother with this lumbering whale of a vehicle though. Their battlesuits are a whole different story, agile but underpowered." Elana grinned, "I'm sure you'll be able to fix that though."

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

Incy posted:

Elana

"Commerce?"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Quintus

Quintus says a quick prayer to the Emperor before he steps into the foul xenos vehicle. He takes his seat in the back, hunched over due to his power armored height. His force sword is drawn and held between his legs, the blade point dug into the floor. That way if the things explodes or crashes or something, he can quickly channel his might into the blade and cut through the hull.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
Eadian

Well at a minimum this should be an interesting trip.... Scoot over ork.

(effort post as gently caress sorry i'm on a work trip)

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
With the knowledge he has gained from the tau's tourist terminal, M4X knows exactly where to go. T'odd is more than happy to take up the wheel and follow the explorator's directions. The devilfish carefully banks out of the garage, and whizzes past the rickshaw containing the Inquisitor and the Rogue Trader, who are busily yelling at the poor drone pulling the device. Ch'ad sits slumped between them, his chin in his hands, trying not to get involved.

For the team in the Devilfish, the travel takes less than 10 minutes, but they find themselves waiting another half hour for the rickshaw to make it, and by this time, the poor tau soldier looks like he's on the verge of willing himself into death. The officers now stand before the sloping, angular roof of the tau research center, and standing at the door is a pudgy looking xeno with leathery skin and a bird-like face; it wears an ill-fitting uniform similar to that of the arbites, and wears a helmet much too large for its head with a translucent visor. Currently, the xeno is bent over next to the trashcan by the door, rooting through it and cawing appreciatively when it finds something interesting, before snacking on it noisily.

M4X notices that the entrance they have arrived at is for some sort of tourist trap, a museum of the planet and resort's history, interlaced with information on the Tau Empire; from his previous access of the tourism board's databanks, he finds he already has access to the recording for the walk-through tour, and notes on his internal map that the door leading to the proper research facility lies within the tour itself.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
D'Jasper Probincrux III

D'Jasper dismounts the rickshaw and saunters to meet with the rest of the squad "THE ONE NATIVE THAT CAME WITH US WAS SO AFRAID OF TRAVELLING WITH THE AID OF TECHNOLOGY HE LOOKED LIKE HE WAS GOING TO DIE OF FRIGHT!" he guffaws. It takes him a moment to notice the Devilfish for what it is "MY WORD WHAT HAVE YOU FOUND. SOME SORT OF MARVEL OF MECHANICUS FORGE WORLDS?" he booms staring at it wide-eyed. "But its in the savages' colors, most strange!

Okay, What next? Ask the Three Stooges to lead us into the research complex proper?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

M4X

"Captain, please! Even small blasphemies offend the Omnissiah." If the hulk of metal could communicate distaste, he would. "This fey contraption pales before the might of humanity's craft. Where are the armor plates, the flexible fuel systems, the choral reciters? But we digress. Clearly, the... 'quality' of the guards shows that this is a valuable facility." Somehow, an artificial voice can appear sarcastic.

A quick check to the records suggests their next move. "The entrance to our destination is camoflauged within this pititable attempt at Xeno propaganda." He turns to the Tau driver. "Pilot! Inform your commanders that we are here to complete our deal, and that the individual who so unwisely disrupted it has been dealt with. You may also wish to inform them that their network security is lacking."

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Murdah

He gets out, still fiddling with what is slowly becoming a... thing. A large number of the Tau pulse rifles have disappeared from his pile, and seem to have been cobbled together into some kind of cohesive... thing. However it seemed unfinished, which might have been even more frightening considering the Ork was tampering with plasma containment fields.

The Mek is also not pleased with their destination, "Oi, I said I wanted to talk to ya Fire Boss, I dun care about dis hoomie bit. What're we doing here? I want to acquire one of dem shooty-suits fer me personal experimentashun."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Quintus

Quintus hurriedly rushes out of the back of the Devilfish. Partly to get away from such a foul and primitive xenos contraption, though mostly to get away from the walking plasma containment breach that was the Ork and the blasphemous device he was making. He sheaths his sword, for now, and slowly stomps over towards the Kroot. "Does not your species steal the genetics of the things you eat, adapting it to yourself? If so it seems you've finally found a diet worthy of your station, Kroot." While tempted to just curb stomp the thing, Quintus hesitates for a moment, just in case the Rogue Trader wanted to add this pathetic thing to his growing menagerie he called a retinue.

No, insulting the thing would have to suffice for now.

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!
Dino

Dino dismounts, shaking his head, "Could've sworn I spoke the Lingua Tau-a, must be a defective bot." As he looks up at the building he smiles and whacks D'Jasper on the shoulder, "AH! I've been on this tour before, bloody interesting let me tell you, had quite the explosive ending if I remember rightly."

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
We should come up with some sort of plan on how we are going to play this. If we barter right I’m sure we can get our artifact as well as a shooty….suit….thing…..for our friend.

so time to negotiate?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

M4X

"That should not be difficult. These particular Xenos are notorious for over-valuing their line personnel. The return of their remaining soldiers without further damage will prove a powerful bargaining chip, or at least enough of one to cause them to part with some of their techno-heretical trash."

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
D'Jasper Probincrux III

"M4X, Fair point on the tank, but those.. things you just listed.. given we would add those to it and maybe a small auto-shrine in the rear of the vehicle and painted it green, maybe added few skulls everywhere.. would you say we could sell them to Imperial Guard as M4X-pattern STC Hover tank?" the trader ponders, not even caring for this 'tech-heresy' as it keeps violating his profit margins every time, no matter how much he wants to comply. He furrows his brow and ponders for a moment. He spots Ch'ad looking into the hammerhead nervously, talking with his crewmates in the tribal language

"Umbubu, Do what the Metal Man told you, but can you also call in to get new guides from the Fac'il'it'ee for us, I'm sure you all want to get back to your multiple wives or whatever you have?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Security Kroot lifts his head from the trash can with half a ploin in his beak, and starts to speak until he catches sight of Quintus and gives a double take. He immediately drops the ploin and any steel in his spine melts away as he realizes he has the unfortunate job of dealing not only with a space marine, but an ork, an eldar, and one of the robotic humans which, in the bank of his mind, he hates simply because he can't eat them. Quintus can tell the kroot's first instinct is to draw and fire, but all the poor creature has is some sort of communications device, and the air of terror and defeat on the xenos is palpable. It takes a moment for Quintus to catch the faint, foul scent in the air, and he remembers from his hypnodoctrination that kroot release a foul stench defensively when startled, stressed, or simply for their own amusement.

T'odd gives a confused look to M4X and D'Jasper and is for the moment all shoulders. He points out all of his equipment was stolen by the ork, and that for the most part, their communicative devices are within their helmets and, as emergency backup, their rifles. He does, however, know where the entrance to the facility is, and the simplest thing would be to purchase entrance from the kroot to the museum and split off from the tour proper. He, however, has no money, and he proudly proclaims his people see no need for such base things as currency, but in spite of this, the resort charges proper thrones for entrance, and so the end result is an additional ticket that may need to be purchased for yet another hanger-on. He also very politely corrects D'Jasper on the fact that his name is T'odd, and not Umbubu, and that he is sadly unmarried. The poor soldier seems a little affected by this last admittance; there must be a story there, though it is highly unlikely D'Jasper has any sort of sane empathy.

Murdah, meanwhile, finally gets a good look at the signs around the building, and what particularly catches his eye is that the facility has an exhibit showcasing the wondrous technological advancements of the Tau race, from start to current, with military examples as well. If he were literate, this alone would excite him, but on the sign with a starburst to highlight it is a trio of crisis suits, including the siege-oriented XV88 Broadside, which he does not know the name of but knows it shoots anchors into the ground and then blows things up beautifully.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 12, 2015

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Quintus

Quintus is glad that his helmet is on, though the Kroot's foul odor is so much that his multi-lung's filtering kicks in and he wished for the first time in his life he didn't have a Neuroglottis with which to taste the discharge. The marine feels a burning at the back of his throat and realizes what is about to happen. He removes his beak helmet just in time to vomit a little on the ground. Considering the existence of the Betcher's Gland, the small bit of vomit quickly burns a pothole into the duracrete ground. "Emperor drat it, even plague marines don't make me vomit." He draws his pistol and points it at the Kroot, "If there is no objection I am going to kill this foul thing! It should stop the excretion, and it's decaying corpse has got to smell better than this!"

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
D'Jasper Probincrux III
The Trader kinda zones out while the Tau warrior speaks. While his tale of how he was not born a trillionaire is truly heartbreaking, he just can't muster enough care for someone without a proper lineage.
"So that's just one extra ticket then?" he had asked before the Librarian started menacing the Birdperson.

D'Jasper's eyes dart between staring at the terrified Kroot and the disgusted Astartes. His hands alternate between being crossed over and facepalming. "I implore you don't, as that would seriously hinder our chance of getting an amicable welcome." his mind races as he tries to figure out how to soothe the Librarian. "If you promise not to kill any of the Birdpeople we see during our stay I will personally buy twice the amount as mercenaries that you can slay them how you choose back on the ship, deal?"

Sormus fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 16, 2015

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

M4X

"If you can restrain yourself for a short duration, Librarian, we can finish our business and be off this despicable rock all the sooner. The very ether is thick with the squealing of tech-heresy. Perhaps our pet barbarian can scrape together whatever leavings he desires along the way." He turns to the sad excuse for a Kroot. "Guard! Stand aside, we are entering."

aw jeez M4X is super racist isn't he

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 17, 2015

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Murdah Wrathbeard

The ork looks... annoyed, as he listens to the back and forth between Quintus and M4X.

"Oi, Zog da boof of ya. I'z da barbarian? Lookit you Mistah "da machines have souls wot must be appeased" and yer friend, "Rawr I'z gonna smash anyfing dat isn't loik me." Perhaps you'll find dat da real barbarianz... Is yerselves."

He walks up to the Kroot, the overall shape of his new Megablaster almost complete. He throws the unnecessary bits and guns he wasn't going to use to the side and roots around in his pockets before producing a handfull of gold tusks, "I believe dis should covvah da cost of admission. I'z gonna go lookit dem Shooty-Suits wots on dat sign der. Call yer boss an 'ave him come down. I'd like ta make a trade fer one of dem.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Quintus

Quintus keeps the pistol pointed at the Kroot. "This isn't about killing for fun Rogue Trader. I am not some bloodthirsty savage looking to kill for the sake of killing, I leave that to the simpleton ork. This is a world that belongs to Man. It is overwhelmed with foul xenos. I wish to kill the xenos, including this despicable example, so as to return this world to Mankind, not to slake some Khornate-like bloodlust. Hire your mercenaries for me to kill if it amuses you, but knowing that we would be leaving this world under the bootheel of the xenos causes me anger."

Quintus stomps up to the kroot, placing the barrel right between the kroot's eyes. He smiles at the kroot and pulls the trigger, with nothing but a *click* being heard. "The safety is on." He holsters the bolt pistol. "You do make a valid enough point, there will be dead xenos soon enough, we should get as far as we can before we get to start killing them. Blood Ravens are tacticians, I'll not tip off our adversaries and put ourselves in a tactically poor position."

He walks away from the Kroot before drawing his force sword. "Then again we could kill it silently with a swift jab from my blade." He re-sheathes the sword and quickly puts his beakie helmet back on.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Well let’s get in there and collect our ‘artifact’ and be gone. Frankly this has taken long enough, and if I never ride in another Xenos rickshaw it will be too soon. Also maybe we could stop being BLATANTLY hostile to the majority population of the planet? It might help us conclude business sooner.

Oh my god ‘the real barbarianz is yerselves’ Curly I’m loving dying

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
With the bolt pistol shoved into his face, the kroot gives a panicked, strangled noise in the back of its throat and presses itself up against the wall, looking for an avenue of escape. The stench is momentarily stronger before it dissipates, a look of strain on the xenos' face; it seems to be trying to control itself to not further anger the towering space marine. When D'Jasper tries to ease the marine off, the bird nods vigorously and gestures towards D'Jasper. "Listen to smart man! He smart! Very smart, and wonderful!" The kroot tries desperately to smile but with its weird beak face it doesn't really work.

At the urging of M4X to step aside, the kroot seems to bolster slightly, about to speak as he's trained, before his eyes dart back to the pistol aimed at his head. He swallows hard and meaningfully steps to the side, tucking his hands behind his back. "Er, welcome to the Tau Museum of Tau: History of Tau! Tour pamphlets inside by gift shop, cheap rental of voice box giving voice tour!" He looks at the ork in confusion as he is given what is a double handful of teeth; he stands there, looking completely lost as the ork opens the door and saunters inside, with the others following with him.

Quintus steps back up to the kroot and pulls the trigger on his pistol, though the very action of the librarian approaching with pistol raised once again sends the kroot backwards into the trash can in a dead faint. The gathered teeth scatter about him, and with his conscious control over his glandular problem disrupted, there is a faint whistling as the air becomes fouler than anything the librarian has ever experienced. Putting his helmet on and sealing it as quickly as he can, the marine joins the others inside of the museum.

The lobby that first introduces the museum is incredibly spartan, though it does have a few posters and a single, cardboard stand up of an XV88 Broadside pointing the direction towards the 'History of the Glorious Supreme Technology of The Tau and Mechanical Defenders of the Greater Good' exhibit. The museum itself seems to be round, with a path through the center so people can check out the exhibits from any angle they wish. Sitting rather boredly at a recessed counter nearby is yet another kroot, this one wearing a billed cap, an apron, and a name badge saying

pre:
'HELLO, I AM
    Omuto
LET ME HELP!'
He barely glances up as the door opens, before returning to his magazine. Around him are various museum knick-knacks, toys, and apparel, including a hat that looks like an earth caste drone and a shirt declaring all someone received from the tour was a t-shirt. Most of the goods seem to be aimed at children, including tiny, articulated figurines of kroot and tau warriors with accessories and special features like 'Greater Good Action Grip' to hold their plastic weapons, but the stand also offers informational pamphlets and maps of the museum. Omuto glances up again from his paper, looking over the entire group, before rolling his eyes and turning the page of his magazine. "Welcome to Tau Museum. Voice box rental only ten thrones. We have special on hat, only thirty throne, very good buy, everyone know you come here with drone hat." He seems wholly disinterested, reading while he gives off his spiel.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Murdah Wrathbeard

"No thanks, I gotz enuff hats right now. What I would like is fer you to call yer fire-boss. See, I wanna trade fer one of dem ovah der," he points over to the exhibit with all the battle suits, "An' before you apologize and say 'sorry sir, does onez ain't fer sale,' let me emphasize..."

He reaches around to his back and unhooks his Snazzgun, setting it on the desk like he's demo-ing it for the Kroot to observe. He then retrieves a small card from somewhere on his person and places it on the desk as well.

"Me name's Murdah Wrathbeard, the proprietah of Happy Ork Kustom Jobs, yer one-stop mek-shop fer all yer bitz, burnahs and bobs. I'z a serious buyer, collectah and creatah of all fings dat smash, bash, burn, shoot, stab, zapp an' krump. I am sure yer supahvisor will appreciate dat."

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
D'Jasper Probincrux III

The trader walks by the trash can before entering the museum and takes out his wallet.
D'Jasper takes from his wallet what he thinks is a reasonable amount of money for their entry fee and just throws the 1000 throne bills on the Kroot fallen into the trash can.
"I hope that's enough. he says. The Kroot seems like there's no reason to expect a reply so he just shrugs and walks inside. The posters seem like they were printed better than what hes accustomed to, but its clear the Imperium is merely lending the Tau their best technologies to win hearts and minds. "Mechanical Defenders. Sounds like some sort of Children's Saturday morning cartoon starring Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarii", he thought.

Feeling bit upstaged by Wrathbeard's business card he addresses the new birdperson mustering all the highborn noble he can.

"Good Afternoon, I am a Wealthy Imperial businessman and I bring TO YOU a business proposal that you can't miss! Literally millions of thrones are riding on us getting to the SECRET RESEARCH BASE behind this facade of a museum!

Charm Check on the Kroot, Fel 64, Charm +30: 1d100 30

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Omuto lowers his magazine slightly as he raises his head, a look that mixes contempt and boredom upon his face. He glances down at the weapon and then at the ork's business card, keeping his hands firmly upon his magazine. He stares at the ork with the intensity one can only muster from a life time of retail or service industry work. When D'Jasper joins in, the kroot slowly makes eye contact with the noble, and after a pregnant moment of silence, he sighs, putting his magazine down.

The kroot picks up what looks like to be some sort of shortrange telecommunications device, punching in a short code on the main console, all the while giving the two entrepreneurs a look of complete disdain. After a moment, the faint music inside the museum quiets, and when the kroot speaks, his voice comes over the speaker system in the building. "Manager to gift shop; manager to gift shop." He sets the phone down back in the cradle and picks his magazine back up, opening it to his saved spot. He makes a faint nod towards the rows of apparel, never looking up from his magazine; his voice is still bored and distracted, and a tad bit condescnding. "Many apologies for your level of service, friend. Please enjoy a complimentary item from our gift shop while we await the manager. Thank you for visiting the Tau Museum of Tau." He reaches under the counter and produces a candy, peeling the wrapper off with practiced ease and tossing it into his beak.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Murdah

The Ork takes his gun and card back and gives a toothy grin, looking over at D'jasper. What he wanted was here, he could see it, but something was nagging at him, "Are ya sure dis bit of 'oomie tek is actually here? It seems kinda... I dunno. Laid back fer being a sekkrit base."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

M4X

Never let it be said that the Mechanicus does not know its business. "As far as the Tau information network is concerned, it is. External schematics and infrastructure suggest a facility of some size concealed underneath this one, with a small but slightly over-provisioned military complement." He pauses. "It is unlikely that this information is fabricated. The Tau do not have internal conflicts, and like many species have a low opinion of human technical aptitude, usually due to the standardized military model they are exposed to."

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!
Dino

At the kroot's offer of free tat Dino disappears into the row of shelves in the gift shop, swiftly reappearing with a drone hat atop his glorious head. "Couldn't justify the purchase when I last came through, this is even better!"

Add (1) Foam Drone Style Hat to inventory

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Quintus

Quintus remains silent while this second kroot is dealt with, but quickly grows frustrated with the situation. He starts to meander around the store, one power armored finger out, knocking anything he can off of the shelves. starting first with hanging clothes extolling the "Great Good", then the despicable action figures. He stops at the display that has glass ash-trays in the shape of drones and ceramic shotglasses. He picks one up at looks at the price, "Ten thrones? Is not your philosophy that of the greater good? Does it not serve that good to provide all with the base material needs they require? Take this shot glass. If I truly needed this shot glass, would it not serve the greater good for me to just take it?" Quintus takes the shot glass and places it in a pouch on his belt, the little thing looking thimble tiny in his hands.

He then grabs one of the ashtrays, "Cute," he remarks as he drops it on the ground, causing it to shatter. He then picks up one after another, and either drops them upon the ground or shatters them in his mighty hand. "You may want to tell your manager to hurry up, or else you'll have to restock all your little ash trays."

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Murdah Wrathbeard

He tries, he really does. Everything in him rebelled against accepting the offer a free foam hat. But eventually his pride gives way to his lootin' instincts and he goes back and grabs a foam drone 'at of his own, a stark contrast to the iron gob and the assorted guns and bits sticking off him. However, when there is a sound of glass shattering he looks over at Quintus...

Murdah puts his face in his hands and shakes his head as he watches Quintus go, "Wot, dinna they teach ya mannahz in Beakie-skool? Fer Gorkz sake yooz gettin' glass everywhere..." he turns to the Kroot with a sympathetic look... a strange sight on an ork, especially one with a foam hat and iron gob, "I'z sorry about 'im, e'z a bit... speshul. Not really used ta dealin wiff people, I'll covah wot he'z breakin'."

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Yes we are really just here for information about a business proposition we had with the owner of this.....uhm. you museum of you...... who is in charge here?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The kroot simply rolls his eyes as the space marine begins to break poo poo just to be an rear end in a top hat. He sighs, shaking his head as he mutters, "I'm not paid to deal with this. I'm going on my break." He stands up, tucking his magazine under his arm, and pauses when the ork apologizes to him. Omuto just shrugs, turning the sign on the counter from OPEN to CLOSED, and walks off in the general direction of presumably where the break room is.

A few minutes pass, before another kroot, this one wearing horn-rimmed glasses, a tie, and a loin cloth approaches the shop. He hesitates, seeing the broken goods and the large crowd, and takes a moment to adjust his dangling tie, before walking over with a pronounced stoop. "I am Sarkskin, Manager of Goods, Manager of Ancients. What may this humble one do for you?" He warily eyes the ork and space marine, before turning his attentions fully to the normal looking humans that he is most accustomed to. "Would complimentary ashtrays help? Please, take an ashtray. Is that all we need? Very good, I will yell at Omuto now." He smiles toothily, before moving to shamble off again.

Housing bullshit, game went on back burner, apologies!

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Quintus

As the first Kroot leaves and the second, even more annoying one enters. As it turns it's back Quintus draws his bolt pistol and turns to the Rogue Trader, "Can I please start killing these damned things now? We are getting nowhere at finding our prize, and we're getting there slowly. Some good old carnage would draw the attention of the right folks."

• Locked thread