Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
All this criticism of Jon Stewart is loving lame. We should be thankful for his constant crusade against our ridiculous political system.

However, we should loving lynch him for giving us Colbert, Carrell, and Oliver.

Frijolero fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
mo rocca was fuckin funny as hell on daily show over a decade ago and i guess he left to pursue a career in: nothing

i liked kristen schaal but they let her do a segment that completely bombed
like someone should have said they shouldnt do it but that apparently didnt happen and she bombed hard for like 5 uncomfortable minutes and it went from semi-frequent delightful appearances by her to none mysteriously

everyone on the daily show started doing annoying voices/yelling all the time a few years ago and it was horrible and the show has not been good since

and now theres someone on there specifically to make jokes on behalf of their demographic for fucks sake when jason jones could just tell the same joke and it would be fine because hes actually pretty funny

oh boy heres samantha bee shes doing a hick voice! :laffo:
and aasif mandvi is yelling in a shrill voice now! :laffo:
and now that one guy is is being a mexican! :laffo:
weakest part of the show from years past for a special segment lets welcome yelling man lewis black! :laffo:
here comes old black guy and younger black girl! :laffo:
jon stewart is being a turtle! :laffo:

i guess they were trying to find out how to replace colbert but thats an impossible task

rip in peace this show like 3 years ago or whenever it really died

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

stewart is such a loving unfunny hack it boggles the mind people actually found him amusing

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Mo Rocca is great as an annual guest host on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. They must pay really well.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
"and now for a segment that we like to call 'back in black'"

[mute]

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

gary oldmans diary posted:

mo rocca was fuckin funny as hell on daily show over a decade ago and i guess he left to pursue a career in: nothing

i liked kristen schaal but they let her do a segment that completely bombed
like someone should have said they shouldnt do it but that apparently didnt happen and she bombed hard for like 5 uncomfortable minutes and it went from semi-frequent delightful appearances by her to none mysteriously

everyone on the daily show started doing annoying voices/yelling all the time a few years ago and it was horrible and the show has not been good since

and now theres someone on there specifically to make jokes on behalf of their demographic for fucks sake when jason jones could just tell the same joke and it would be fine because hes actually pretty funny

oh boy heres samantha bee shes doing a hick voice! :laffo:
and aasif mandvi is yelling in a shrill voice now! :laffo:
and now that one guy is is being a mexican! :laffo:
weakest part of the show from years past for a special segment lets welcome yelling man lewis black! :laffo:
here comes old black guy and younger black girl! :laffo:
jon stewart is being a turtle! :laffo:

i guess they were trying to find out how to replace colbert but thats an impossible task

rip in peace this show like 3 years ago or whenever it really died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Daily show is great for high school/college aged kids, and if you're older than that and begrudgingly watch it read a goddamn newspaper

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Free Cheese posted:

read a goddamn newspaper

grandpa when did the retirement home get wifi?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
thats real neato

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
the daily show with jon stewart is good. oliver is good. colbert was good but his thing went on way too long and it's good he retired his show.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
hopefully he goes into politics

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Demonachizer posted:

Norm MacDonald seems obvious but I am pretty sure he has a reputation as "hard to work with"

i just take his lack of a steady gig as a sign many people don't "get" him

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

burritolingus posted:

Daily Show died when Bush left office.

Bush made satire obsolete IMO

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I look forward to talking about how Steven's final episode was better.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

i just take his lack of a steady gig as a sign many people don't "get" him

Norm has a steady gig of making Super Dave pissed at him

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

etalian posted:

Bush made satire obsolete IMO

theres plenty more politicians in the sea

the sea is a sea of ignorance and greed fyi

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kyrie eleison posted:

the offensive thing about this is that stewart was pretending he had no partisan affiliation, no political influence, and that this wasn't a partisan attack. whether this is due to no self-awareness or something darker and more cynical i don't know, but i like to be charitable and assume the former

Republicans are retarded manchildren and any opportunity to make fun of them is justified

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Kyrie eleison posted:

the offensive thing about this is that stewart was pretending he had no partisan affiliation, no political influence, and that this wasn't a partisan attack. whether this is due to no self-awareness or something darker and more cynical i don't know, but i like to be charitable and assume the former

But post-modern liberals are beyond ideology, didn't you know.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
he'd read the msnbc talking points for the day, but he was effetely charming about it, you know? Oh, anybody remember when he'd get real mad about something a refucklithicant said? He's fuming he can't even talk he's so mad lol

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
more bad poo poo about republicans than democrats while the nation goes down the shitter under republican control and pointing out when the officially non-news fox news passes off complete lies as news
bias!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Boy I sure hate Jon Stewart!!!!!!!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

gary oldmans diary posted:

more bad poo poo about republicans than democrats while the nation goes down the shitter under republican control and pointing out when the officially non-news fox news passes off complete lies as news
bias!
Obama is Democrat, right? He will fix everything, just needs another 2 years on top of the six years of prosperity we already have.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Nyc_Tattoo posted:

He turned it down. He didn't want to run the risk of getting doxxed.

He was niggerstomper58?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Scalding Coffee posted:

Obama is Democrat, right? He will fix everything, just needs another 2 years on top of the six years of prosperity we already have.

he didn't fix things since the Republicans blocked him.

That's why he spent massive amounts of political capital passing a originally Republican health care reform plan.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
it's not as bad as some people here are saying dang

laughing at fox news/lazy 24 hr news networks/politicians never really gets old c'mon

deviler
Feb 20, 2007

Let's take this star craft out of dry dock, shall we?

Ivor Biggun posted:

Give the show to Jordan Klepper
Nice try, Jordan.

Bassem Youssef should escape persecution and move to NYC to take over The Daily Show.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

deviler posted:

Nice try, Jordan.

Bassem Youssef should escape persecution and move to NYC to take over The Daily Show.

I like how Stewart made it seem like Youssef even had a chance.

The Egyptian daily show eventually got canceled, sharia law ftw...

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Scalding Coffee posted:

republican congressional leaders had the stones for 1 day to actually say on camera that they were going to block everything and then apparently someone informed them that was not the most politically savvy move

during (inter)national economic crisis, republican leaders to america: "gently caress you, got mine"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ivor Biggun posted:

Give the show to Jordan Klepper

deviler posted:

Nice try, Jordan.

Dude needs to lay off the craft service.

• Locked thread