Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Makes mundane simulator game as joke so YouTube celebs will play it and everyone can pay $20 to be part of the in joke of the week

We are talking about indies here, not Microsoft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cender
Sep 24, 2004

We need a companion thread for the illustrious NexusMod and LoversLab mod devs.

They are special and release much needed immersion mods to help better absorb you into the continuum of the game world.

Like, how off putting was Skyrim before the realistic fuckable horse vaginas mod, I humbly ask?

Or the weaponized beach ball sized tits mod?

Very off putting.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
*Spends more time removing any and all dissent from internal forums than actually working on the actual loving game*

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
"My game 'Chainsaw Bikini Lolita Massacre' isn't selling because consumers are too dumb"

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
its gonna be like wow but both the world & character tittys are eight times bigger like minecraft+doa or alive. i tentatively refer to it as "realm of rapecraft". moms gonna be so proud

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Makes sure sideburns are biggest in the office.

SurfinArbiter
Jul 3, 2013

Y
o
u

f
o
u
n
d

m
e

heh
I made a slightly decent game but I'm gana cancel the second one because I was hurt by people on the Internet. Then I found out that soon people stopped caring about me and I'm now afraid so I try to be the biggest bitch ever

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I'm making a twine game, please give me money for something that will have less effort put into it than your average RPG Maker 2000 game and be 1/8th as satisfying to play as one.

Driya
Feb 16, 2011

I am making retro star citizen
Fifty dollars gets you a red pixel maybe at an unidentifiable point in the future

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Make lovely game.
Get Felicia Day to voice.
Profit.

Not sure if that actually happened or not but I wouldn't be surprised. loving nerds.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
i'm presenting my rear end at an indie games competition.. this year im gonna win for sure... what the hell is a video game?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Make lovely game.
Spam free copies to TotalBiscuit, Angry Joe, YOGSCAST, Escapist, GiantBomb, etc
DMCA those that do not give it 10/10.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
survival horror zombie game with crafting elements that will never be completed

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

we are out here CHANGING THE WORLD while you whine about widescreen support.

Cracked_Gear
Nov 4, 2013

Fix the bugs? Nah man lets go the Goat simulator route

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Robo Reagan posted:

But $5 to repair item microtransactions fully implemented with no bugs.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*sees an innovative, quirky game become an overnight sensation*

*copies it poorly*

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
give it QWOP controls so PewDiePie can make some goofy faces and make me even more money

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
THIS GAME WILL BE A MAJOR STEP FORWARD FOR ALL LBGT!

*adds female character sprite with purple hair*

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

happyhippy posted:

THIS GAME WILL BE A MAJOR STEP FORWARD FOR ALL LBGT!

*adds female character sprite with purple hair*

*makes protagonist transfemale who is a rapist.*

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Robo Reagan posted:

Survival game with crafting component and broken multiplayer that is excruciatingly unfun to play.

SurfinArbiter
Jul 3, 2013

Y
o
u

f
o
u
n
d

m
e

heh
Hey guys fund my game! I promise there will be no pay to win aspects or in game transactions!

SurfinArbiter
Jul 3, 2013

Y
o
u

f
o
u
n
d

m
e

heh
To be fair there are actually some pretty good indie games but those don't count here

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*makes protagonist gay, gets applauded in every game magazine and also by SJWs*

*sexual orientation has literally zero impact on gameplay*

Cracked_Gear
Nov 4, 2013

*remakes Goldeneye on the Source engine!*
"Adds new levels, updates classic levels*
*Throws in remixed Goldeneye music too*

"Oh we're only going to focus on multiplayer. single player would be too hard to code"

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Applewhite posted:

*puts generic anime prettyboy in a dress and refers to him with they/them pronouns* we are all about genderqueer representation

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Applewhite posted:

*gets praised for the fact that sexual orientation has zero impact on gameplay*

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I'm a MtF transexual and if you don't donate to my patreon you are a misogynist.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
*makes uninteresting twine game with nothing going for it but is considered one of the best indie devs because im gay and my game is gay. the maya angelou of gaming*

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Harrower posted:

Who do I have to gently caress to get a good review around here?

im the rock paper shotgun review that gives your game glowing praise

"Dark Souls? Starcraft? Dragon Age? Sorry but all AAA titles are literally call of duty clones"

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It's a puzzle RPG where instead of controlling the characters directly, each dungeon is a Rubik's cube and you advance your party by aligning similarly colored squares.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
This thread made me look up what a "Twine Game" actually is and I have to say it is stupider than what I thought it was (I kept thinking of Kirby's Epic Yarn only with ugly brown twine because that's something hipsters like).

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Applewhite posted:

This thread made me look up what a "Twine Game" actually is and I have to say it is stupider than what I thought it was (I kept thinking of Kirby's Epic Yarn only with ugly brown twine because that's something hipsters like).

I kept thinking people were misspelling Trine.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Voxels.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I put a lot of thought into it and in memory of Mrs. Doubtfire I've decided to release my twine game "Watch out for Sadbrains" to the public for free.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It's a platform game where you play as a butt that has to bounce from place to place and poop on enemies to defeat them. The double jump is a fart.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Applewhite posted:

It's a platform game where you play as a butt that has to bounce from place to place and poop on enemies to defeat them. The double jump is a fart.

Yyyo sign me up.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Hello I am a female developer which is extremely rare and a difficult position to be, it's really hard being a female developer (that's a developer that's female btw). As a female developer, I know lots of other female developers who agree with me on how hard it is be a female developer in games.
Some of my influences as a female developer would beeeee, let me think for a sec, probably Bubsy Bobcat or Farmville. I think a LOT of female developers would agree with me there.

gibb3h
Jul 15, 2014

Thursday Next posted:

im the rock paper shotgun review that gives your game glowing praise

"Dark Souls? Starcraft? Dragon Age? Sorry but all AAA titles are literally call of duty clones"

I'm the RPS daily rant about problematic representation of women/romance/violence/sadbrains etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Why make anything good or new when there is a whole bunch of monied 25-40 year old idiots begging to be tricked with nostalgia into thinking that the joy they felt as a child is a paused thing that can be resumed, like one of those stupid games they obsess over? I mean, we've spent half our Kickstarter money just on having meetings to discuss this very question, and the only conclusion we have reached so far is that Thai House delivers faster than Grindertown.

• Locked thread