Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kikka posted:

heres the entire library of retro game sound effects

attack = white noise
enemy kill = white noise
explosion = white noise on a low frequency
getting hit = meow
coin = mario coin

you joke but i did this irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mysterious frankie posted:

1:M'yes, sounds good. Ok, let's schedule another meeting to discu- *tiny, mentally unstable Ukrainian man who is the only one in the team who can code and works for 2/3rd of what everyone else makes flies out of nowhere, gibbering, and latches onto lead* -AHHH WHAT IS IT, GET IT OFF ME, GET IT OFF ME!

2:NO MORE MEETING! MEETING SOLVE NOTHING! NO MORE MEETING! *is dragged away by staff*

1:... ahem, ok then... that was weird. So... next item, where should we move the office; San Francisco, London or on the Eiffel Tower?

i vote london because of doctor who because they have great subsidies for indie devs

brah we're gonna be making so much bank off this poo poo who gives a gently caress if it'll cost us two grand a month to rent a one-room studio

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

BKPR posted:

was he himself a clown? this is important.

no, dropsy is just his clownsona. every indie game is secretly about the lead developer's 'sona. starbound, for example, is about the director's fedorasona

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
what do you mean you need to "license" helvetica?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Noyemi K posted:

*never sends the composer a simple track requirements doc, instead sends some incomprehensible "design doc" that's actually a film script*

wow, people actually do this? after a while i just sent my composer a fuckin build and was like "yeah that area"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

a hole-y ghost posted:

Oh, I missed that. May we see your game? We're very interested in it.
i'm sure you aren't being sarcastic at all but why not, its a game where you play as a lazy rear end dragon who watches maury-type shows all day and smokes more weed than the surgeon general recommends, like most 'muricans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-7LPTkH3zk
it says summer 2014 but it looks like it's gonna end up being closer to summer 2015

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

a hole-y ghost posted:

at least the white dragon got the IPA wrong, that means hes not as insanely autistic as me.

i got it right, it's how you would say it in hawaiian creole english :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

its like doom only you have no guns and the monster usually wins

didn't they already do this at the end of wolfenstein spear of destiny

• Locked thread