Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
you'd never have a shower beer and that would be a travesty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
agreed

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
It does bad things to my intestines, that's why. :(

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

jackyl posted:

you'd never have a shower beer and that would be a travesty

people that don't drink are weird and creepy. When someone says that they don't drink I wonder to myself "how many people did you kill in your DUI, creepo?" or "please don't try to scam me into coming to your church"

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
if i drink i get kicked out of my halfway house and homelessness is not a good look on me. also, last time i drank, a little over 2 years ago, i drank for 10 days straight around the clock. i was drinking a half gallon of whiskey a day. that run ended with me being hospitalized for 5 days lol.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
because the fruit of the grape is haram

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

if i drink i get kicked out of my halfway house and homelessness is not a good look on me. also, last time i drank, a little over 2 years ago, i drank for 10 days straight around the clock. i was drinking a half gallon of whiskey a day. that run ended with me being hospitalized for 5 days lol.

you have had a shower beer though right? If so, this might be the only acceptable reason there is

if you haven't had a shower beer you done hosed up

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
do people need beer to shower?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

it makes me feel good, and the more i drink it, the more good i feel

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

jackyl posted:

you have had a shower beer though right? If so, this might be the only acceptable reason there is

if you haven't had a shower beer you done hosed up
yeah of course, in the early days. towards the end, i'd drink an entire half pint of whiskey in the shower just to get my hands steady enough to be able to shave (this was while I was still able to drink and make it to work)

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Alcohol got me laid a lot of times and also one time helped me break into a construction yard and poo poo in a construction guy helmet.

Also, karaoke.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If you're stretching the lines, you probably missed it. There was never anything there in the first polace.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

here's some crazy ideas: drink until you feel only slightly drunk and then stop, like you have probably seen adults do. Don't harm yourself.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i wouldn't drink alcohol if i had access to pretty much any other common intoxicant

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Only legit reasons is if a person is aware of serious alcoholism that might run in their family.

Or maybe they are one of those poor bastards that gets an allergic reaction to beers or something so they omit all alcohol.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Frog Act posted:

i wouldn't drink alcohol if i had access to pretty much any other common intoxicant

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Frog Act posted:

This. I'm a big gay baby that can't find anyone who has weed or anything else.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
re: shower beers - i drank one in the shower and i didn't get it

then i drank one after i did a bunch of yard work and i was hot and disgusting and i still don't get it

maybe my beer was too weak or too strong or whatever; i'd rather drink after the shower in my underwear

drinking's awesome but i don't see what essential element makes it so much better whilst showering

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Wicker Man posted:

always having weed is why i rarely drink. always regret when i do, anyway

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Wicker Man posted:

i wrote to my congresswoman about legalizing weed and i got sent back a form letter saying she believes that weed is dangerous and causes lots of law problems and health problems and etc etc etc

i'm tempted to write her again and demand that she criminalize alcohol and i would cite her objections to weed as reasons as to why she should so that she doesn't come off as a giant hypocrite

yes i would gladly throw booze under the bus to make a good point what of it

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Wicker Man posted:

i could probably get a weed hookup easy enough and my job doesnt drug test but im too paranoid about legality and getting hosed over it to enjoy it

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

i could probably get a weed hookup easy enough and my job doesnt drug test but im too paranoid about legality and getting hosed over it to enjoy it

if you're a white guy who can clean up you'll be fine come on

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Frog Act posted:

if you're a white guy who can clean up you'll be fine come on

i would get pulled over or some dumb bullshit and the cop would smell my dank weed. also i live in an apt complex someone would smell it or whatever

even if the actual chance of getting caught is low the consquences are too drat high. i never want to put something like that on a job application. i didnt give a gently caress in college but now i do :(

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Wicker Man posted:

black people know where to get weed. This isn't racist. Befriend a black dude.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

i would get pulled over or some dumb bullshit and the cop would smell my dank weed. also i live in an apt complex someone would smell it or whatever

even if the actual chance of getting caught is low the consquences are too drat high. i never want to put something like that on a job application. i didnt give a gently caress in college but now i do :(

man if you're this paranoid sober it's probably for the best

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Frog Act posted:

man if you're this paranoid sober it's probably for the best

i live in nebraska

i do get paranoid w/ weed but imo its because im a legal larry when it comes to most things

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
people come in and buy drug tests all the time at my job and it drives me nuts on two levels

1) i can't just be all HEY YOU I'M COOL GIVE ME SOME WEED WE'LL BE PALS

2) my job won't hire you if you got weed in your system, but will gladly sell customers tests to see if they have weed in their system? "Our puritanical work ethic demands we shun you from employment if thou hast smoke'd what Nixon hath forbade... BUT COME ON DOWN IF YOU THINK YER GONNA GET TURNED AWAY FROM SOME OTHER JOB!!!!! that'll be twenty simoleans plz"

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Dudes who don't drink cuz dad was alkie are just weak

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

i live in nebraska

i do get paranoid w/ weed but imo its because im a legal larry when it comes to most things

i'm also a law abiding citizen in a very-illegal weed state but being carefl + white is almost always enough. only person i know with a weed charge who didn't get it in a realy dumb way, like keeping a quarter in his console in the car or something, was my buddy whose fiance opened the door for the police (they were telling peopleto move their cars) with a cloud of weed smoke billowing out behind her

getting a possession charge would be a really horrible experience though and i can see why people would make the calculus that it's not worth even the miniscule chance

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

gently caress Your Website posted:

Dudes who don't drink cuz dad was alkie are just weak

daddy drinks because you cry is correct on either side

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

now this is a thread i can get behind

eig
Oct 16, 2008

ama i dont drink

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

eig posted:

ama i dont drink

why come?

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
tru fact: people who don't drink because they don't like the taste are NOT assholes (mostly)

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

matrix ripoff posted:

tru fact: people who don't drink because they don't like the taste are NOT assholes (mostly)

i think that is retarded because there are plenty of ways to drink alcohol where you cannot taste the alcohol. there is an entire market for these fags with carbonated wine coolers

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

TEAYCHES posted:

no one gives a poo poo if you smoke weed dude your neighbors dont care the cops dont care just dont blow it in a babys face or something and everything will be ok

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
gonna drink until this thread is good

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

TEAYCHES posted:

i think that is retarded because there are plenty of ways to drink alcohol where you cannot taste the alcohol. there is an entire market for these fags with carbonated wine coolers

another tru fact: wine coolers universally taste like poo poo

Nefarious posted:

gonna drink until this thread is good

someone call 911

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

matrix ripoff posted:

another tru fact: wine coolers universally taste like poo poo

not really, also pina coladas or other stupid cocktails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
i like a cocktail, but i gotta have a good dose of booze in there to have that bitter, medicinal taste otherwise it's a waste of time for me.

and if you're going to dilute the alcohol to such a level that an alcohol-adverse person wouldn't taste it, it's gotta be at a level that nobody would reap the benefits of hooch in their system

anyways this is stupid bickering - you got your ideas, i got mine

• Locked thread