Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

matrix ripoff posted:

i like a cocktail, but i gotta have a good dose of booze in there to have that bitter, medicinal taste otherwise it's a waste of time for me.

and if you're going to dilute the alcohol to such a level that an alcohol-adverse person wouldn't taste it, it's gotta be at a level that nobody would reap the benefits of hooch in their system

anyways this is stupid bickering - you got your ideas, i got mine

sorry you are wrong in a gbs thread im going to write a five paragraph diatribe about how you are a human being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
i've earned this *prepares anus*

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

only drink that is genuinely palatable is a strong whiskey sour imo

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.
Alcohol makes me feel more tired than anything. It's much less enjoyable for me than it seems for other people.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Gentwise posted:

Alcohol makes me feel more tired than anything. It's much less enjoyable for me than it seems for other people.

red bull and vodka b*tch

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
p. sure i'm genetically predisposed to be an alcoholic because alcohol makes me feel loving GREAT

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Nefarious posted:

p. sure i'm genetically predisposed to be an alcoholic because alcohol makes me feel loving GREAT

same. my ancestors werent fools and knew a good thing when they drank it

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

im gonna take this 1mg xanax w/some bong rips and then not drink and feel better than if i had drunk. owned

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I'm running a fever of 100. I've been making GBS threads fire water all day. I've had one bowl of soup I've managed to keep down after a three hour nap. The medicine has kicked In, you goddamned right I'm gonna have a beer or five

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I'm running a fever of 100. I've been making GBS threads fire water all day. I've had one bowl of soup I've managed to keep down after a three hour nap. The medicine has kicked In, you goddamned right I'm gonna have a beer or five

terrible idea

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I would pound a half a beer before my shower, shower, then finish the beer after the shower. Not too keen on having a beer bottle in the shower.
Scandinavians do it right with the vodka shots & hot tub. Really dialates the capillaries.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
i have more fun when i dont drink alcohol

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

i live in nebraska

i do get paranoid w/ weed but imo its because im a legal larry when it comes to most things

it's decriminalized in nebraska dude, get with the times
http://norml.org/laws/item/nebraska-penalties-2

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

holy moly

no excuses for not blazing it 24/7

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i did not know that

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

see this is a key point. What do you put on a cut to kill germs and infections and w/e? Alcohol, right? So if you're sick on the inside with germs or infections or w/e, what should you put in the inside?

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

looooooooooool

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

Frog Act posted:

terrible idea

I know.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

http://norml.org/laws/item/virginia-penalties-2

:(
:(

my friends girlfriend, the one in the door opening incident, just finished her 48 hours in jail over a gram

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

look ive only been in nebraska for a year

someone mail me some weed thanks

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
make some friends goofball

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Ocean Book posted:

i have more fun when i dont drink alcohol

oh gently caress me

we got one of these

"I'm so CRAAAAZZZY sober there's no way you could handle me drunk lol"

these guys are only useful for driving you around

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

holy poo poo hash oil is a felony here

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
The crash is annoying. Maybe not if I have time to guzzle 2 water bottles but it just gets annoying feeling like poo poo the next day. The "all day hangover headache" is not fun.

Beers are pretty good natured fun

Banging down a few shots is great

but

I dunno man there's just something really queer about it

why am i even doing it i guess its fun but maybe its to ~escape~ you know man?

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Brother Jo Smith said it was bad. Where oats and barley are only meant for animal feed.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

killaer posted:

why am i even doing it i guess its fun but maybe its to ~escape~ you know man?

Life sucks. Need to get away from it to stay sane.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

jackyl posted:

oh gently caress me

we got one of these

"I'm so CRAAAAZZZY sober there's no way you could handle me drunk lol"

these guys are only useful for driving you around

its more of if i drink i end up drinking so much i dont remember stuff or i spend so much time focusing on not drinking too much that i cant enjoy whats going on. drinking gives me a single track thought process of 'drink a lot, drink quickly' that prevents fun from happening. also being drunk is something ive done so much that there isnt any fun novelty to it so it isnt worth the bother.

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice
When I drink I don't sleep well for poo poo. So if I have to get up too early then it's a real quandary OP

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i don't get it either op, it boggles the mind

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

Wicker Man posted:

Life sucks. Need to get away from it to stay sane.

Its self defeating tho. You cant escape a sucky life by doing a sucky thing.

I dont know how I feel about it. I can't say poo poo since I woke up today with two swigs of whiskey and ended it with a 40 oz.

It puts me in such a peppy mood. It's hard to imagine going through life without ever drinking again. Is that a bad thing? poo poo, I mean it's fantastic in moderation, no harm in getting a lil tipsy now and then.

But part of me is really upset that every time my friends get together we GOTTA be drinking. GOTTA be drinking. That's an exaggeration, but 3/5 of the time gotta have that bottle of vodka to keep things going. I don't even know why I feel so conflicted, it's fun as poo poo to get really drunk.

But people are assholes when they're drunk. I only started noticing recently since opting out while my roomies get wasted on the weekend. But people are RETARDED when they drink. Completely inconsiderate twats sometimes. I dunno. I feel like I'd be more human if people actually did stuff instead of having to get boozed up. I sound like such a bitch. I just dont know.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

killaer posted:

I dont know how I feel about it. I can't say poo poo since I woke up today with two swigs of whiskey and ended it with a 40 oz.

It puts me in such a peppy mood. It's hard to imagine going through life without ever drinking again. Is that a bad thing? poo poo, I mean it's fantastic in moderation, no harm in getting a lil tipsy now and then.

But part of me is really upset that every time my friends get together we GOTTA be drinking. GOTTA be drinking. That's an exaggeration, but 3/5 of the time gotta have that bottle of vodka to keep things going. I don't even know why I feel so conflicted, it's fun as poo poo to get really drunk.

But people are assholes when they're drunk. I only started noticing recently since opting out while my roomies get wasted on the weekend. But people are RETARDED when they drink. Completely inconsiderate twats sometimes. I dunno. I feel like I'd be more human if people actually did stuff instead of having to get boozed up. I sound like such a bitch. I just dont know.

how about 'I just loving like it'

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Because I become, erratic, violent and really funny to watch.

eig
Oct 16, 2008

TEAYCHES posted:

i think that is retarded because there are plenty of ways to drink alcohol where you cannot taste the alcohol. there is an entire market for these fags with carbonated wine coolers

those all taste like alchohol to me

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

eig posted:

those all taste like alchohol to me

if you werent told it was alcohol you wouldnt notice w/ a proper mixed drink

eig
Oct 16, 2008

TEAYCHES posted:

if you werent told it was alcohol you wouldnt notice w/ a proper mixed drink

ive noticed alcohol in like desserts made w rum :(

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
A shrink convinced me to quit drinking two years ago. Quitting destroyed my life faster and more completely then booze ever did. I walked out on a job that tried to make me drink at a company event, lost all of my friends because nobody who drinks wants to be around someone who doesn't, and then lived on my mom's couch while she mocked me for being a loser while she went out and drank every weekend. Now I'm 35 and a depressive and haven't had sex in years. I could go back to drinking but it's not going to repair the damage done.

City of Tampa posted:

people that don't drink are weird and creepy. When someone says that they don't drink I wonder to myself "how many people did you kill in your DUI, creepo?" or "please don't try to scam me into coming to your church"

This is the response that every single person has given me, friend or coworker or stranger on the street, since I quit drinking.

DONT EVER STOP DRINKING

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

eig posted:

ive noticed alcohol in like desserts made w rum :(

you're supposed to you dumbass

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Vampire Panties posted:

A shrink convinced me to quit drinking two years ago. Quitting destroyed my life faster and more completely then booze ever did. I walked out on a job that tried to make me drink at a company event, lost all of my friends because nobody who drinks wants to be around someone who doesn't, and then lived on my mom's couch while she mocked me for being a loser while she went out and drank every weekend. Now I'm 35 and a depressive and haven't had sex in years. I could go back to drinking but it's not going to repair the damage done.

This is the response that every single person has given me, friend or coworker or stranger on the street, since I quit drinking.

DONT EVER STOP DRINKING

That sucks man. I can sympathize, as I quit drinking two years too (I had to quit b/c I was dying physically). Have you ever considered AA? I don't buy into a lot of the bullshit, but it's a good place to meet sober people and have some laughs and make some new friends. For me, it at least makes life a little more bearable and less lonely. Just a thought.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

killaer posted:

:siren: huge fat ugly human being found:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

That sucks man. I can sympathize, as I quit drinking two years too (I had to quit b/c I was dying physically). Have you ever considered AA? I don't buy into a lot of the bullshit, but it's a good place to meet sober people and have some laughs and make some new friends. For me, it at least makes life a little more bearable and less lonely. Just a thought.

No, I don't want to go to AA. Honestly I don't really care about living anymore and I'm just going through the motions. Malnutrition and stress will fix all of my problems soon enough.

• Locked thread