Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Mind_Taker posted:

Holtbys having a bad night
I don't blame him for the first two, the other two though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Jumbo needs to shoot a lot more. I don't think he knows his shot is as good as his passing.

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

mcvey posted:

I don't blame him for the first two, the other two though...
That was a pretty great pass from Pavelski, though I agree that's a savable shot.

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3
ugh i love Pavs so much

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I can't see how Holtby can be blamed much for that last goal, if Joe Thornton's standing four feet in front of you with the puck on his tape you are in deep poo poo.

The shot was right on the money and I don't think a lot of goalies make that save

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008
Like yeah, Holtby squared to the shooter there, but on the other hand when it's Joe Thornton shooting the puck and there's no one in front of you I can't really blame him for letting it in.

e: f,b

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

Eric the Mauve posted:

I can't see how Holtby can be blamed much for that last goal, if Joe Thornton's standing four feet in front of you with the puck on his tape you are in deep poo poo.

Yeah we've gotten too used to him making that save probably. Peters lets that one in 12/10 times.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Eric the Mauve posted:

Nope, bad leader, better trade him. :rolleye:

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

Spamtron7000 posted:

Yeah we've gotten too used to him making that save probably. Peters lets that one in 12/10 times.
It's not like anyone knows the book on Thornton either, man doesn't shoot a whole lot given how good his wrister is.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Eh he was leaning really far from the near post. I guess I don't blame him since it was Thornton and he usually passes, but it's savable.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
That hot pockets chick is hot

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008

Whale Cancer posted:

Jumbo needs to shoot a lot more. I don't think he knows his shot is as good as his passing.

it's puff puff pass, dude. not puff puff shoot.

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008
I love Joe Thornton's confused face when he realized he was on camera and that Baker was talking about him a couple of feet away

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

lol, Orpik fall down go boom

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
LOL Orpik

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Man Marleau is terrible in all phases of the game now. His game has gone off a cliff and it's sad.

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008
Hertl fell on his own but I'm a little surprised there was no call there, because at-speed it looked like he got hauled down.

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

coronaball posted:

Man Marleau is terrible in all phases of the game now. His game has gone off a cliff and it's sad.
:what:

That's just an inaccurate statement.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Time to bring in Nabby

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Happy with a point, but a win would be just dandy.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

FREE HOCKEY :dance:

Mind_Taker posted:

Happy with a point, but a win would be just dandy.

gently caress the loser point and everything it stands for

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

FREE HOCKEY :dance:

gently caress the loser point and everything it stands for

Id take the loser point over the skills competition every time. gently caress the shootout.

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008
Even if you write off possession numbers and Marleau's ability as a defensive forward, he's still 50th in scoring in the league despite an extended six-week period where his shooting percentage was sub-3%.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Did the ref just wink at the Sharks or am I crazy?

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008

Pat Clements posted:

Even if you write off possession numbers and Marleau's ability as a defensive forward, he's still 50th in scoring in the league despite an extended six-week period where his shooting percentage was sub-3%.

gutless

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

Joe Thornton told the linesman he had his back after the gently caress-up, I doubt there's foul play going on or anything

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

Teemu is reffing this game?

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008
That was a beautiful backchecking effort from Ovie.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

God damnit, I said play Nabby!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

GAME OVER PLEASE DRIVE HOME SAFELY :frogsiren:

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Ward does something useful!

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Nice win! Maybe a lucky no call! Beagle 3 points!

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

Yep, I knew the Sharks would lose. :sigh:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Every time a game goes to overtime I fondly recall Darius Kasparaitis scoring on Dominik Hasek in Game 7 OT, possibly the unlikeliest goal that has ever happened

Made hilarious by a gregarious Kasparaitis telling reporters after the game, "I OWN Hasek"

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008
I think Hannan quitting on the play to complain about the non-call had a bigger impact than the non-call, but that was absolutely a hook.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Jesus Christ.

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

coronaball posted:

Jesus Christ.
Elaborate on why you think Marleau is terrible because I'm super curious

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008

Pat Clements posted:

I think Hannan quitting on the play to complain about the non-call had a bigger impact than the non-call, but that was absolutely a hook.

I've stopped really blaming Scott Hannan for anything Scott Hannan does and by the grace of God have found the strength to forgive him in my heart.

Fire Doug Wilson into the sun. Via his anus.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

HELLO LADIES posted:

I've stopped really blaming Scott Hannan for anything Scott Hannan does and by the grace of God have found the strength to forgive him in my heart.

Fire Doug Wilson into the sun. Via his anus.

well you see he's a grizzled veteran who knows how to win and :suicide:

The worst part is that we're in a situation where you're forced to put Hannan in on an OT situation. Who am I kidding, I see him in critical situations loving up all the time. Put him on waivers, call up Fedun or someone, and fire Doug Wilson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008
Jesus, I keep forgetting a perfectly functional Taylor Fedun is sitting around in Worcester

• Locked thread