Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
to take off your skin, And dance around in your bones!
Any kind of BMW

Also, the whole Ford/Chevy truck rivalry is retarded, nobody outside of North America drives trucks and no-one anywhere really gives a drat about their cars. And I say this as a Focus owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin

Jonny 290 posted:

old bmws and mercedes and porsches are cool, the new one are just rear end in a top hat canaries though

ford/chevy is such a joke because neither can hold a candle to the real Truck That Built The World, the Hilux

contribution

Shut the gently caress up about the Hellcat, you will never own one and nobody cares about your opinion on it

I forgot about the Cousin Omar special, my shame is manifold

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
The Bugatti Veyron, worth about $2.5 million each:

Note that these crashed cars on this page represent 2% of all the Veyrons in existence

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin

open container posted:

what should i care about instead? how to learn about car?

reliability, blue book value, known problems, whether you can afford it, how much it costs to service per year and most importantly test driving it and asking yourself "will I be comfortable driving this on my 100th daily commute?"

Because if you think a car is for smoking hoons at stoplights you're loving kidding yourself.

Trochanter fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 13, 2015

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
I flew in a prius once

Thank goodness the pine trees broke my fall

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin

Butt Wizard posted:

190Es are also passable - Cosworth models especially.

German poo poo is generally pretty resistant because they didn't do stupid poo poo like certain Italian car brands who may have used salt water to cool the steel in the shells/frames and ended up impregnating the salt directly into the loving metal before painting over it. Which is a shame because most late 80s/early 90s Italian stuff otherwise owns.

What?! Why? Is fresh water scarce in Italy of something?

e: oh, it quenches the steel faster than fresh water.

Trochanter fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 13, 2015

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin

Butt Wizard posted:

No but apparently not being a shithead was in short supply. It basically affected one model of car and apparently they were already visibly rusting as the truck took them out the front gate of the factory. Some of their other cars rusted too but no more than any other car given the equivalent treatment but the damage was done and everyone associated them with rust, even when they were building arguably the greatest hatchback ever built with zero problems.

All right, I give up. My google-fu is weak. Which car is it? A Lancia Beta? Fiat 124? Alfa Romeo Alfasud?

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
I was just thinking: Back the Future used a DeLorean for laughs; lol at this wacky Irish car as a time machine! If Fox ever decide to do a remake (and it must have crossed some executive's mind) what car would make a good time machine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
Hmm, not very wacky.

A Hyundai Veloster?

• Locked thread