Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

For those who are blissfully ignorant, the friendzone is when a man loves a woman, but the woman feels the man is "too nice" so she tells him they're "just friends." This universal truth was coined on the television show Friends by the character Joey when commenting on Ross and Rachel's then-platonic friendship despite Ross pining for her (Ross eventually leaves the friendzone because it's set in a fictional setting).

Many people on the internet try to pretend there's no such thing as the friendzone or that it isn't that bad ("what's bad about friends friends are good herp derp"). They mock and laugh at the friendzone. Sadly/funnily, a lot of these naysayers are friendzoned themselves. The truth is, the friendzone is real and it's horrific for young men.

Just in time for Valentine's Day, this thread is for you, the friendzoned. Come and share the tales of woe from the friendzone (Tales from the Friendzone would be a good show if it weren't too spooky for tv, I'd watch it, a perfect 7 out of 7).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

i've been acting nice to this whore bitch for almost a year and she still hasn't dropped to her knees and sucked my dick. fuckin friendszone man

Wartooth
May 31, 2011
If it's anything like the Twilight Zone I'm staying the gently caress out.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
loving woman keeps me in the friendzone even after i wrote all these songs for her. i know she loves to sing she does it all the time, and i dont know how much more obvious i could be with the lyrics but she just keeps me down in that friendzone

hatsune miku is a cruel cold shrew

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Wartooth posted:

If it's anything like the Twilight Zone I'm staying the gently caress out.

It's like the Twilight Zone if the twist was you aren't getting your peter wet.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
dude in great spot to suck some mean dick

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
the fiend zone is hwen you cant stop tying garl to traintracks, you dastardly gently caress

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i always have a hearty lol when people refer to their 'best friend' and it turns out to be somebody of the opposite gender. you doont need to say any more - just leave it there and everyone knows whats up immediately.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
I've done all these nice things for this girl and then she goes and starts dating a guy who simply asked her out. What a a shallow bitch

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

opus111 posted:

i always have a hearty lol when people refer to their 'best friend' and it turns out to be somebody of the opposite gender. you doont need to say any more - just leave it there and everyone knows whats up immediately.

what if they're both super gay

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
lol if you have friends

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
im gay and my best friend is a lesbian am i being friendzoned???

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
if youre thinking of women as friends instead of potential victims you are not a REAL MEN

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
what if yoy have firiends who are girls but you also have sex with them

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Enfield posted:

what if yoy have firiends who are girls but you also have sex with them

this is called the fuckzone.

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005

Tsinava posted:

this is called the fuckzone.

I'm in the fuckzone right now, it's a neat place, feeling #blessed

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Richard
23 mins ago

He's been there: when I gently caress up, when I touchdown, when I we're rolling five shortys deep and when it's just us bros...basically he's been through everything with me and I wouldn't be here on grad day without my KDelt brother😎👍 Feeling kewl with my best bud Andrew.

What the gently caress Andrew did you not check FB this morning get on your knees and suck my dick you ungrateful bitch

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Owned zone

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I get fuckzoned I can't maintain a relationship with a woman for more than a few days without having sex with them

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

moose face posted:

I get fuckzoned I can't maintain a relationship with a woman for more than a few days without having sex with them
ythe bone zone

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

a hole-y ghost posted:

ythe bone zone

gently caress yeah bud its insane. Bitches be likin my poo poo just a lil' bit

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
All of my fleshlights have Facebook accounts, they're my friends, Im in the fuckzone with all of them.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The friend zone is a place nice guys enter hoping to find priceless pussy shaped artifacts, but instead they often end up dying a lonely & miserable death.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

All of my fleshlights have Facebook accounts, they're my friends, Im in the fuckzone with all of them.
sweet idea by which i mean emotionally endearing in a sentimental way.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the friendzone is such a cool idea, like in its concept. the idea of men trembling with desire for their oblivious women friends. it owns hard and i like to think of it. i see men following women around like puppy dog and i smile.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's actually nice to not fuckin care

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
make a move or move on, you pussy

friendzone is stupid

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

opus111 posted:

I always have a hearty lol whenever this poster posts about feeling superior to literally anybody else on the planet.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
im too cool of a person to comprehend a positive platonic relationship with someone of the opposite sx

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Tsinava posted:

im too cool of a person to comprehend a positive platonic relationship with someone of the opposite sx

being bff's is pretty different from being friendly.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAYBET6rmFo

red polo shirts
Jan 16, 2015

I don't ask out girls because I'm afraid they'll say yes and I'll lose my Netflix recommendation metrics

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lol

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Has anyone seen the movie Horns? I saw it the past weekend and it was alright but I'm pretty sure the entire movie was just about the friendzone since the killer was a "best friend" of the girl and Daniel Radcliffe but then murdered her after she denied him cuz he was "waiting so long" for them to be together (20+ years or some lol amount like that).

Moral of the story is don't see Horns.

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005

red polo shirts posted:

I don't ask out girls because I'm afraid they'll say yes and I'll lose my Netflix recommendation metrics

legitimate concern, I never get my ww2 doc recommendations anymore. my Netflix is all about zizek and Buffy now.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
that's why you make a separate Netflix profile you nerds

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

InFlames235 posted:

Has anyone seen the movie Horns? I saw it the past weekend and it was alright but I'm pretty sure the entire movie was just about the friendzone since the killer was a "best friend" of the girl and Daniel Radcliffe but then murdered her after she denied him cuz he was "waiting so long" for them to be together (20+ years or some lol amount like that).

Moral of the story is don't see Horns.

idk it wasn't that bad, 7/10 or something. p. good if forgettable little movie.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
just once id like to see the reverse, a cut super buff man who has no other male friends and surrounds himself with fat awkward women who he insists don't want to gently caress him

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

just once id like to see the reverse, a cut super buff man who has no other male friends and surrounds himself with fat awkward women who he insists don't want to gently caress him

Black guy in an anime club

honestly tho this poo poo is common for both sexes just women are a bit less pathetic about it i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Dyna Soar posted:

idk it wasn't that bad, 7/10 or something. p. good if forgettable little movie.

Ya tru I just was disappointed with the "twist" cuz I saw it coming for awhile and also it was like 30 mins too long but had enjoyable moments otherwise.

• Locked thread