Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Sam Biddle literally had to find this woman's tweet (she had 171 followers) and decide that she was his victim for the day. I mean jesus, does nobody else find it absolutely horrifying that there's some guy whose job it is to troll twitter, find a tweet that you or somebody else has made, publicize it to a larger audience who are ready to quite literally mob you until you lose your job, liveliehood, reputation, and everything over a goddamn tweet.

Why is nobody loving else even remotely bothered by this? We are not a society of goddamn sociopaths!

lol just post the racist joke you made that you're afraid is going to get you fired, seems like it's going to be found anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
Valleywag might be the one gawker property worse than Jezebel

Actually that might be taking it too far

smokestacks
Dec 19, 2010
people who use the word "delicious" to describe anything other than food are scum

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

BigBoss posted:

What kind of retard uses their real name for anything ever?

I have a real name okcupid account that says "I'm just using this account so if I ever get famous no one can make a joke one""

I get about 20 messages a week, women really get hot and bothered by the potential for success i guess

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I really want to see all the OPs racist tweets that have got him so worried

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

can someone surgically attach this to the hellthread? this seems real hellthread-ish

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Where is that weed dude again? Not me, I am not giving you poo poo.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sam Biddle literally had to find this woman's tweet (she had 171 followers) and decide that she was his victim for the day. I mean jesus, does nobody else find it absolutely horrifying that there's some guy whose job it is to troll twitter, find a tweet that you or somebody else has made, publicize it to a larger audience who are ready to quite literally mob you until you lose your job, liveliehood, reputation, and everything over a goddamn tweet.

Why is nobody loving else even remotely bothered by this? We are not a society of goddamn sociopaths!

yes i worry all the time somebody is giong to find the tweet i made that said Michigan is bad, and is a place for poo poo idiots to play football and get me fired from going to michigan

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Mr. Pumroy posted:

can someone surgically attach this to the hellthread? this seems real hellthread-ish

:agreed:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr. Pumroy posted:

lol just post the racist joke you made that you're afraid is going to get you fired, seems like it's going to be found anyway

Sanjay handles all my tweeting, my company outsourced years ago, so I'm not too worried.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

How dare joke how dare

let's destroy a person for telling jokes yeah I guess that's fine because people would really stop using OKCupid

no everyone's right this isn't at all worth being upset about

If she was saying this out loud in public, she would have checked over her shoulders to make sure there were no black people around, but whoa there were repercussions for posting it on a social media site that like 85% of the world can read? Crazy times.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

A joke ruined a woman's life because we live in a Digital Puritan Hellscape where parasites like Sam Biddle can destroy people's lives for the lulz. This is the same guy who said that we need to bring back bullying to destroy nerds.

I agree with everything described in this post

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
Gunna just smoke weed and not worry about Twitter.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
i hope the rich racist white lady gets back on her feet :ohdear:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

If she was saying this out loud in public, she would have checked over her shoulders to make sure there were no black people around, but whoa there were repercussions for posting it on a social media site that like 85% of the world can read? Crazy times.

If you make a statement that somebody perceives as racist, it is Good and Just for you to be

you know what this is GBS I am not even gonna bother finishing that statement. I guess everyone's just really okay with all of this, so okay, enjoy a lovely world where everything sucks.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
All it takes for GBS to defend a woman being harassed on the internet is for her to be a racist

Good to know

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
OP you seem like kinda a oval office fyi

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

If you make a statement that somebody perceives as racist, it is Good and Just for you to be

you know what this is GBS I am not even gonna bother finishing that statement. I guess everyone's just really okay with all of this, so okay, enjoy a lovely world where everything sucks.

are you the lady in the op?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

post your racists tweets

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Mr. Pumroy posted:

post your racists tweets

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

quote:

bring back bullying to destroy nerds

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr. Pumroy posted:

post your racists tweets

Kay, here they are:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

we need a good proper war to toughen up our youth tbh

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
lol let me post jokes on my business twitter, jokey joke joke jokeman hahaha AIDS ffffffffffaaaaaarrrrrrt *is shocked and appalled when I get fired*

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
First they came for the Nazis, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Nazi.
Then they came for the Klansmen, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Klansmen.
Then they came for the Libertarian atheists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Libertarian athiest.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to say anything racist.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
What are we arguing about again? Sam Goody?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
wont someone think of the racists

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
hahaha taking a business trip to Germany, hope they dont offer me a look inside their ovens lol we like to have fun here at [professional business]

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

...fired by your boss, for who the benefits of firing you outweigh the benefits of not firing you by like a million to one?

also

Moola posted:

OP you seem like kinda a oval office fyi

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

enjoy a lovely world where everything sucks.

same

bring on the nuclear holocaust/catastrophic climate change/gamma ray burst/yellowstone caldera

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
I live in such a bubble of entitlement that I believe I can be openly racist with no repurcussions. Anyone who would dare to pierce this bubble is a bullying rear end in a top hat.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I cannot believe openly racist humor posted for the entire world with my name and occupation might have consequences - someone who posts on the internet too much

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

let's do a fun social experiment where everyone changes their forums name to their real name + place of employment

and go

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
im extremely mad, about twitter. i am holding my breath and my veins are poping out

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

idk op I think more bullying probably would have helped you a lot

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

We kid but at least the OP didn't make some dumb argument about Freedom of Speech to complete the 17 year old libertarian understanding of the world trifecta

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

let's do a fun social experiment where everyone changes their forums name to their real name + place of employment

and go

wasn't blizzard planning to do this for world of warcraft forums years ago?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm sorry, but Gawker literally thrives on this poo poo. http://gawker.com/justine-sacco-aids-free-white-person-has-officially-b-1487879681?rev=1387661849

It's like, Sacco isn't even racist. She did what a lot of people do in this forum, and made an ironic joke. But she had her face and name attached to it, and that was enough to destroy her, so there you go. But that doesn't matter.

We're really just fine with sanctimonious pieces of poo poo like this destroying careers for fun and profit. http://gawker.com/justine-sacco-is-good-at-her-job-and-how-i-came-to-pea-1653022326 Yeah here's his watered-down apology, oops, sorry I destroyed your life, would I do it again, UMMMMMMMMM HMMMMMM life sure is complicated

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Sam Biddle's article about this in December was actually really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
mods please sticky this thread as a monument to the ops stupidity

• Locked thread