Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
And his In Memoriam segment at the oscars will have an enormous roomful of the media elite respectfully applauding a literally convicted child rapist. Same with Woody Allen. I guess they got to support their own? gently caress show business is what im saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
please I hope some french guy comes in here and tries to defend him, that's the best.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Roman Dickchunkski.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
That girl wasn't even that hot.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gropan poleasski

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I can

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
op u ever shot off a roman candle?

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
Is it ok to like his movies? I really like rosenary's baby, but then I remember it was directed by a child rapist. I'm not sure if I believe in that separate the artist from the art thing.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i like his movies a lot. chaplin was a molester, elvis liked young girls... the list is endless

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
the pianist?
more like the penis
that went into an underage girl

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I like how everyone gets worked up aout woody allen who might be a creep but it isn't proven and roman polanski is like some renegade from american facists despite the fact he literally raped a child and Jack Nicholson is an american icon despite the fact he literally helped roman polanski rape a child.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
pedo rapists make the best directors

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

PoPcornTG posted:

Is it ok to like his movies? I really like rosenary's baby, but then I remember it was directed by a child rapist. I'm not sure if I believe in that separate the artist from the art thing.

Chinatown is one of the best movies ever made so yes. Plus he made it before the rape :angel:

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Dyna Soar posted:

i like his movies a lot. chaplin was a molester, elvis liked young girls... the list is endless

whoa, wait really

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Frostwerks posted:

whoa, wait really

yeah. jerry lee lewis, too

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Frostwerks posted:

And his In Memoriam segment at the oscars will have an enormous roomful of the media elite respectfully applauding a literally convicted child rapist. Same with Woody Allen. I guess they got to support their own? gently caress show business is what im saying

literally same

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Dyna Soar posted:

yeah. jerry lee lewis, too

yeah but he married her so it was a-ok

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
its easier to assume that all artists are degenerate fucks

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Frostwerks posted:

Woody Allen didn't molest anyone, but his relationship with his ex-girlfriend's adopted daughter is admittedly pretty creepy.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Frostwerks posted:

whoa, wait really

Yeah elvis was 24 and priscilla was 14 when they met. which is creepy as gently caress.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

City of Tampa posted:

Woody Allen didn't molest anyone

lol if you actually believe this

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Ted Nugent got his 16 year old girlfriend's parents to sign paperwork making him her legal guardian.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
the states used to be a lot more chill about famous ppl loving underaged girls op. europeans still are, you americans are just prudes

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
did he molest before or after his wife got killed by the manson family

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

PotatoJudge posted:

Ted Nugent got his 16 year old girlfriend's parents to sign paperwork making him her legal guardian.

gently caress ted nugent in general but also for this

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

PotatoJudge posted:

he's a noted shithead though

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

PotatoJudge posted:

Jimmy Page kidnapped a 14 year old and kept her locked in a hotel room so he could have sex with her whenever he wanted

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Dyna Soar posted:

the states used to be a lot more chill about famous ppl loving underaged girls op. europeans still are, you americans are just prudes

yeah the US used to be cool with men drugging and anally raping 13 year olds over their pleas to stop

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery

a messed up horse posted:

did he molest before or after his wife got killed by the manson family

after

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Frostwerks posted:

whoa, wait really

Yeah Elvis met his wife when she was 14 and he was something like 24 at the time.

City of Tampa posted:

Woody Allen didn't molest anyone, but his relationship with his ex-girlfriend's adopted daughter is admittedly pretty creepy.

Did you miss all the stuff his daughter said about him molesting her or just chose to ignore it? Apparently her doctor thought so too when she was a kid, to the point that he reported it to the police.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Drunkboxer posted:

yeah the US used to be cool with men drugging and anally raping 13 year olds over their pleas to stop

well to be fair polanski was going to go to prison for it. i was more talking about elvis & the other guys who married those little girls

i guess it was a bad joke altho priscilla presley did pretty well thanks to elvis

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Dyna Soar posted:

well to be fair polanski was going to go to prison for it. i was more talking about elvis & the other guys who married those little girls

i guess it was a bad joke altho priscilla presley did pretty well thanks to elvis

Elvis did at least wait to marry her when she was in 20s, after her and parents threatened to go public/cops with the fact that he'd been dating a teenager all those years.

Jerry Lee Lewis got into a lot of poo poo about his marriage to the point that he got blacklisted from everything and it pretty much ruined his career until the late 60s, so it wasn't like people were OK with it. Then his comeback was in country because I guess country is A-OK with child brides. :laffo:

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
don't like roman polanski *puts big red checkmark next to it* got it, thanks goons

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
also lol round two on goons screaming about woody allen; literally a loving year ago this poo poo was happening

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

PoPcornTG posted:

eh, you know, the heart likes what it likes, and does not care about who put a dick where. it's just something we all have to deal with in life

it will be epic when he's dead though, because the media will have to try to walk around the child rape delicately

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

matrix ripoff posted:

also lol round two on goons screaming about woody allen; literally a loving year ago this poo poo was happening

Much like brian singer, there's a very interesting reason why these accusations are "problematic"

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Mr. Pumroy posted:

it will be epic when he's dead though, because the media will have to try to walk around the child rape delicately

pffffft when mj died there was NOTHIN but praise for him - tho he wasn't convicted, so, ya know, whatever

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

Much like brian singer, there's a very interesting reason why these accusations are "problematic"

Come on it was just a little rape and it was like a year ago :rolleyes:

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

it's dumb that an accusation is just as good as a conviction but you gotta satisfy the public's bloodlust i guess

destroy everyone ever accused of something bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Glenn beck raped and murdered a young girl in 1990

• Locked thread