Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The Bruins would have to really gently caress up to miss the playoffs. They play a lot of bad teams down the stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Mind_Taker posted:

They actually have the 4th most difficult SOS remaining in the East, according to this shady site:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nhl/easternsosrg.html

Of course Florida has the hardest SOS. I could see Florida leapfrogging Boston, only 4 points out with a game in hand. Still think Boston is the favorite though.

9 of their remaining games are against: Edmonton, Philly, Carolina, New Jersey, Buffalo, and Ottawa,. The more important games will be the three games against Florida.

Levitate posted:

wtf happened to Boston. Still the lack of speed thing? I know they had a lot of injuries early in the year but then seemed like they were getting it together after getting healthy and went on a big run...and now they're back on the verge of falling out of the playoffs again.

Nothing? They had a bad start because of injuries and had a great January. I've noticed a lot of people seem to think they're going into a tailspin but a lot of that is because they've only played 4 games this month and they happen to have gone 1-3 in those. Three of those games were in a four day span. Basically, a lot of teams have played some more games and the gaps have widened/shortened accordingly.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Ya. I still think the Bruins are pretty much set though.Philly is most likely too far back and Florida isn't very good. Florida has a chance but they really need to sweep Boston, in regulation, in the three games they play each other down the stretch.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Would Kessel to Florida work? It feels like they need a goal scorer. I don't know much about their tradeable assets though, or their cap situation.

Florida has a lot of good prospects, mostly forwards, especially centers.Dale Tallon seems to make big trades so it's possible I guess, but I don't think it's very likely.

Florida has plenty of cap space. They signed Bolland to a retarded deal to hit the floor, remember?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think Bergenheim is being way overrated because his advanced stats look nice. I don't think it's realistic to expect a 31-year-old player, who has never scored more than 29 points in a season, to suddenly be an impact top 6 guy. He's a very good third liner.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Starsfan posted:

Enroth has played good tonight, He's the kind of guy the Stars need to get locked up for a couple of years.. even if it costs a bit more than your typical backup goaltender. Enroth can step in and play 5-10 games in the middle of a season and do it well enough to give your team a chance to win. The Stars need a guy who can pick up the ball if Lehtonen drops it again.. this guy unfortunately got here way too late this season.

Bahahaha

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I actually do think Enroth is an ideal backup goaltender, tonight was a rough game for him though, but not all those goals were his fault. Seems like Dallas can't play defense to save their life.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I hope clarkson earns that contract in columbus because gently caress toronto and the poor chuds who cheer for them

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Capitals continue to commit to icing the worst dmen possible by acquiring Gleason

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
They wanted a bad defenseman so they gave up a different bad defenseman and a pick to get him

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Gunjin posted:

Fleischmann is one of Bruce's favorite players. He loved him in Hershey and Washington.

Ya I bet fatty gets the best from Flash.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
So glad Cole is not going to Boston, but I bet Chiarelli does something dumb and gets like, Stewart instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Didn't Domi and Duclair play together at WJC? I remember them having pretty good chemistry. I know it's a short tournament and what not but I like the move for Arizona.

• Locked thread