Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

can we interest anybody in one (1) brayden schenn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Whether or not the Flyers become sellers will pretty much depend entirely on the next 4 games. For the optimist, they're all against Buffalo and Columbus, while Boston and Florida have some tougher road games ahead. For the pessimist, Stebe Mason is dead and there's no way in hell Ray Emery can be expected to play as well as he did against Montreal the other night.

Realistically, they'll likely wind up just outside the wild card, and sell off Brayden Schenn and maybe MDZ. I could see teams taking a look at Matt Read as well. Hextall said he doesn't envision blowing up the team, and he's still got a pretty tough hand that Homer dealt him.

E: Boston's next 5 are all on the road against Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, St. Louis and Chicago. Yeesh.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 13, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Levitate posted:

I really can't imagine that the Flyers will sneak in, they still have way too much ground to make up. They should sell and look to revamp their defense with the results and I could see them being a wildcard contender next season

Yeah, it's kind of weird. Hexy has basically identified himself as the anti-Homer and is pretty committed to building up through the draft and minors instead of trading. I'm really not sure what'll come of guys like MDZ. He'd be nice to have for next year, but I could see some teams in better situations than ours wanting him for a playoff push. Everyone else is pretty much a mess. Coburn can't stay healthy, Grossmann is Grossmann, nobody wants Macdonald's contract, Streit is old.

I guess someone could take a look at Schultz, who hasn't been completely awful.

E: this also really depends on where guys like Ghost Bear and others are at in their development as well. Hextall has stressed patience with them and doesn't want to rush anyone.

E2: all of this is incredibly refreshing after the years of Homer, to be sure.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 13, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Bold guess: One of them is Toronto.

ding!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

E: Oops

DJExile fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 20, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So has hextall put anyone on the trade block yet or is he waiting for the Peter Laviolette Vengeance Train to come blowing through first

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hey CBJ would you like this Brayden Schenn

We will throw in his brother for free

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

-Steve Mason to PHI for Michael Leighton+3rd: ...do you guys still like Stebe?

...we're due for a trade benefitting PHI. Does Schenn+Schenn for Jared Boll go to the advantage of the Flyers?

1: Yes. Dude has completely resurrected his career in a goaltending graveyard of all places.

2: A few years ago, the answer would have been "hahahaha gently caress no!" but looking at the current state of our defense, it's nowhere near as laughable.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBJAS, what is Jarmo looking to get for Wiz anyway? Do they just have plenty of defensemen or are they trying to add some offense or what? I know very little of CBJ's needs outside of "healing" :v:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

why??????????????????

because the leafs

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo rip flyers playoff hopes

holy poo poo go a panthers

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

shyduck posted:

Thus another Traveling Jagr was born

there are gonna be like 20 of those guys by the time he retires

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Reverend Sub-Zero posted:

KIMMO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry:

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

A GM looking long-term and getting some good picks for a defenseman while he still held some value.

This feeling is foreign as gently caress to me right now :psyduck:

Diet Crack posted:

Does Philly have more than 2 NHL D-men at this present point in time?

Ironically, at one point recently I think we had like eight, not including Pronger. That's not to say most of them were any good, but there you are.

• Locked thread