Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

Columbus may also trade Matt Calvert (please, don't) and Winnipeg is said to be interested (please, don't be), but Jarmo says the rest of the core is staying.

Basically, if they have a deal beyond this season, they're sticking around. And probably rightly so seeing as we still haven't seen the entire team on ice at once this season.

I don't want anyone to leave :(

I really like Calvert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Would Kessel to Florida work? It feels like they need a goal scorer. I don't know much about their tradeable assets though, or their cap situation.

the food there is good, if nothing else

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dear Nonis,

Please stupidly accept Cam Atkinson and Matt Calvert for Phil Kessel.

Sincerely,
Me

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Grimby posted:

If Boston keeps performing the way they are on their current road trip, Florida could end up in the playoffs.

everything should keep losing and the Jackets should make a run.

that's not going to happen, but it should

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Goetta posted:

RIght wing is the big oozing hole on their roster for next year, especially since they don't seem all that keen on paying Cam Atkinson.

Them trying to offload Wiz's contract makes me think they might be keen now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Johnson is horribly indecisive. I've seen plenty of times where he has the right play in mind, hesitates to make it, then by the time he does, it's too late and he loses possession, giving up big scoring opportunities.

I think he's just completely crippled from a confidence perspective.

He's so difficult to watch because I think he's close to being quite good but still so far away because he just has no trust in himself.

Going back to what Sprague said, I don't necessarily mind him bringing the puck forward. I just hate that he commits halfway, then backs out and tries to make a pass that more often than not leads to a nice break or just flat out gives up possession.

He'll do that poo poo down in the other teams zone too when the Jackets have established possession and he can't decide to play out at the blue line or come toward the circle for a pass along the boards and he almost exclusive breaks one way then goes the other and the pass ends up leaving the zone.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

God loving dammit

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The only thing I can hope for now is Nonis being a retard and voiding the deal because Horton fails a physical or something

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Levitate posted:

hahaha

I'd guess this works out for Columbus because Horton is probably going to just be dead weight and never play again but at least Clarkson can vaguely play hockey?

In the same sense that I could vaguely play hockey, sure

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

NHL Trade Deadline - McConnell Gave Power of Attorney to Jack Johnson's Parents

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mike_V posted:

Man, I am REALLY glad the Blues did not hand the GM reins over to Jarmo. Guy is a good scout but apparently not a very good GM.

Ehh the shallow pockets of the franchise kind of handcuff him here

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ginette Reno posted:

No it's dumb because Columbus could have just used that cap space from Horton on a better player than David fuckin Clarkson

Except ownership wasn't going to do that so that while the cap space was there in theory, it wouldn't have been used

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Knowing all of the facts, I'm really not opposed to the Clarkson trade. It's obviously not ideal but the situation was tough and having someone who can at least contribute with the potential to be much greater than that is fine.

In a perfect world, this wouldn't be happening but given the circumstances, I get it, and I hope it works out.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Goetta posted:

According to their beat writer they could have insured everything except the shoulder but didn't:

My interpretation of this is that insurance wouldn't pay for his first season even if he broke his leg since he was only playing like 30 games, so they skipped it. Of course this left them open for not being covered if something career ending happened during that time, which it did. Maybe someone who knows more about this can correct me if I am wrong.

You're pretty much dead on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

What the gently caress happened? I get home and there's hundreds of new posts

• Locked thread