Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
No hot shot little kid wants to play D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Levitate posted:

I really can't imagine that the Flyers will sneak in, they still have way too much ground to make up. They should sell and look to revamp their defense with the results and I could see them being a wildcard contender next season

e: Boston is doing worse than I thought but still...not sure their stumble and Philly's streak will result in Philly getting into the playoffs

Revamp the... defense? You can do that?

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
On a side note it is insanely fuckin' weird to me that the current wild card race has come down to Boston and Florida in the year of our lord 2015

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Flyinglemur posted:

Technically your GM but you know. You know what I meant.

i hold all caps fans personally responsible for the Orpik signing

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

DJExile posted:

So has hextall put anyone on the trade block yet or is he waiting for the Peter Laviolette Vengeance Train to come blowing through first

Ronald Jeffrey Hextall always plays his cards close to his chest, and likely feels that the team is good enough as is, and that trades are unnecessary for this team to pull itself into the playoff spot it rightfully belongs in

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Zamboni Jesus posted:

it's probably worse this year than most of the years it was supposed to be so bad because as fun as the islanders and lightning are, neither are all that convincing

and montreal is currently sitting at the top of the conference, which is a pretty harsh indictment.

That said, if my bad math is right, the east v west stats right now are 162-135-41 in favor of the east this season

e: amazing how there's no EASTERN DOMINANCE narrative

Vicas fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 24, 2015

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Spamtron7000 posted:

I don't know if your numbers are right, but that is a bad record and not dominant in any way. Every one of those 41 is an OT loss so that equates to "East has won 162 games and lost 176".

oh right, fuckin' OTL, goddammit nhl

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Aye Doc posted:

nothing is ever easy with ohio teams

hahahah when was the last time someone tried as hard as they could to stay in ohio

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
K-Kimmo....

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Caps are just stocking up on players, drat

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
please don't stop, rangers, drat

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

a false posted:

what centers are even out there and available for the rangers to pursue at this point?

they're going to end up bringing in someone who is serviceable at faceoffs but is an anchor in all other facets, aren't they.

I present to you Manny Noveen Malhotra

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

sportsgenius86 posted:

What the gently caress happened? I get home and there's hundreds of new posts

Yandle is a Ranger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

ThinkTank posted:

In the US maybe, but the next Canadian team to win the cup pretty much gets a license to print money for a decade or two.

Unfortunately, it will still be in canadian dollars

• Locked thread